Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Can't comment on that. However, please change the voice of the boss every couple of missions to show off each personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I actually did get a copyright claim for this video, but it wasn't for a radio station. :confused: Apparently one of the Planet Zin songs is copyrighted or something. Definitely going to avoid the radio from now on though, just to be safe. I really hope that takedown is still in this game, the best one I've seen so far is the one where you grab a guy's head with your thighs, spin them around while posing and then just slam them down.

I think the classical music station is pretty safe - most of its stuff is public domain. However, how much you and your audience can stomach classical music is up to you to assess.

double nine fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 25, 2014

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

One thing I miss in Saints Row 4 is Russian Female boss and her creepy Pierce-crush. In fact all of the female boss voices in SR4 are lackluster. Why'd they change them?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Krysmphoenix posted:

You know, when I suggested that appearance for the Boss, I had no idea this mission was in the game. Man am I glad it conveniently took you this long to reach it. :allears:

errr, what is the boss supposed to be?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Right now, I have no plans for it, though even if I did, the homies would probably get lost in the confusion and mostly ignored, so likely not, sorry.

So I forgot to do Maero's homie conversations, so now here's his and Asha's packaged together. Someone remind me to do audio logs later.
[snip]

Maero and fun shaundi audio links to Fun Shaundi & Asha.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Something that bothers me about the structure of SR4 is that the virtual reality would have worked better if they had the gangs from previous games as the default mooks who patrol the streets. Now you have Zin everywhere, and I think it would have been better if the Zin would only start showing up if your wanted level reached a certain level (also buff the virtual zin while you're at it). Now the various gangs we meet are simply a 1-mission mook, and the Zin are generic mooks.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Air is lava! posted:

Yes. Every single one of these is blocked in Germany.
I never even heard that song before this game.
But hearing this is really funny. And I agree someone should make a mod, which is just all the voices.

Problem (well, "problem") is that the boss has unique lines for certain scenes - you see it when the subtitles don't match what the boss says, that's the current voice going in a slightly different direction than the main script. So in those situation you'd end up with a cacaphony of voices saying different things simultaneously...

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Gat's a bit of a mary stu, though.
Which sort of annoyed me.

I can see that. On the other hand, I can't wait for the next (optional, but mandatory because awesome) mission to be shown off.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

:allears: I love the music choices Volition made in this game. I can't remember if they did the same in SR3, but it's all so charming and heartwarming. While murdering countless npc's.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Are you still taking Boss requests? If so, Kate Archer from No One Lives Forever.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

those vehicles are what cars would look like if the Tainted Coil won in Brütal Legend.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Donnie, respect is earned, not given.

What have you done to deserve respect?!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Relevant to most recent episode:

Fight/movie referenced during the mission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MVMbm6c0k

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh my god yes the forums are back and I can post this.

[

Holy poo poo Kinzie, he's dead already. Girl has some trauma to work through by the looks of it.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Will you be releasing an Antarctica version of the video?

what does that mean?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Kinzie, that's not what telephones are intended for.

Original music during the dance off is This Is How We Do It by Montell Jordan.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

That was literally the only midi of This is How We Do It that I found. 3 different sites had that exact same file. :argh:

Please don't take this as an insult but I really couldn't tell that that's what was playing.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

Is there any postgame missions with Jane Austen as a homie? I'm gonna guess no...

Not that I'm aware of. Maybe she features in dlc?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Enos Shenk posted:

I loved the lead-up to the end of this. The final battle is ridiculously brutal though. I did it single player without freeze buff or anything. It was painful.

For those who didn't pick up on it, Volition seems to love ending these with a sendoff to something. SR3's ending was a tribute to Short Circuit, SR4 takes the piss out of this, around 43 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDTqmgT3o30

Eighties. Eighties never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Finally a reference to Die Hard, the greatest Christmas movie of all time! (Also the only reference I recognized in the ending montage, I'm not into Xmas movies)

errr. what reference is that? I really can't spot it

• Locked thread