Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Love the style, both art and direction, and the story offers a mildly interesting twist with Smile not just being the quieter, never quite as good as as the boisterous genius archetype but I still felt a little underwhelmed. It had all these elements but they didn't seem to come together for me. That said I'm onboard all the same since you can't judge a show by one episode and this blatantly has potential.

Got to say though, could that white pan from Peco up to Weng on the roof have felt longer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

That was to get you listening to the ping pong sounds.

I understand the reason, it just felt a bit too long to me. I'm just being a backseat director though.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

I've been saying this for a while but I really need to watch Adventure Time. I'd love to see a Making Of for this episode just to see how this all came about.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Man, everything about this is great. The OP, the directing, the acting. Everything about it has been awesome. Like, actual worthy of awe. It's this kind of poo poo that makes me want to animate myself. The Black and White OP in particular is something like the SZS OPs in that I could just watch them on their own and be happy.

I know Peco has to take centre stage soon but I hope we don't lose too much focus on Smile. I also like how in typical sports manga/anime style it's one of the opponents that has the biggest reason to win (so far at least) with Wenge. It's like Ippo vs Jason but with the added risk of Jason being deported if he loses. Wenge is cool.

EDIT
Wait, Ohira also did the Keys for the anime segment of Kill Bill? And Redline? Good gravy, the talent behind this show is absurd.

Popo fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 25, 2014

• Locked thread