Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

"Oh, sparing them death? How civil of you." walking up to stand over the two dryads, Oliver turned to Keelie and Stalt. "I'll admit I am curious as to what the crying one meant as to being marked by chaos, but I very much doubt that I would be unable to determine it myself. Such a thing would manifest itself in some way, either physically or magically, else how would the dryads know it? As I see it we can tie them up in a nice clearing and question them when they awake, or continue our 'pursuit' of the orcs..." Noticing Miren's macabre work, Oliver stared for a moment before turning back to the others "Regardless of our course I'll be looking into this matter."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt spends a few minutes cleaning off his rapier and watching Mirren sacrifice the insect, fascinated by what occurs. He sheaths it and puts down his shield for the moment. "The chaos marking that she mentioned has me concerned as well, but I am not sure how long we can spend nattering to these two. I have no idea how long it would take for a wood thing to come back to consciousness, they are trees right? Our mission is sort of time sensitive. I think Scales wouldn't mind us getting moving pretty quickly either. Leaving them tied up in a clearing for when we come back might be a little cruel if we don't know how long we are going to be.. and I don't know if we can let them loose either. How will they treat other travelers after brawling with ourselves?

Stalt seems to ponder the situation for a minutes, clearly unsure how to proceed.

Edit: Corrected incorrect character name. Sorry!

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 7, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

Keelie nods at Miren's sacrifice. "We must respect the wilds, even when they threaten us with red claws and fangs. Never forget that we could be food, just like them." Keelie turns to the dryads, looking down at them. "We must wait - this mark they spoke of is as much of a mystery as the orc attack. They may even be the same - this is just as unusual. And if we are to travel safely, we should at least acknowledge possible dangers ahead."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Make a Nature check to figure out how long it'll take the dryads to recover, or a Heal check (DC 20) to get them up and running asap.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

Keelie looks at the dryads intensely, figuring out their wounds from the battle. She frowns and ties up both dryads with rope, then begins massaging the dryads. Their eyes open a moment later in surprise, as the warden kneels next to them. "Feeling better?"

Nature: 1d20+13 28
Heal: 1d20+6 20

Arivia fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 5, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Groggily, the dryads regain their consciousness, and it seems the battle has knocked some sense into them. They're not immediately attacking you, at any rate. The slender one still scowls furiously in your general direction, but the one who was crying earlier sits upright and speaks calmly.

"Thank you, Keelie," she says, sighing heavily, "for sparing us. Perhaps you are not too far gone still. I see no corruption in you, despite the Chaosmark, but..." The wood of her face ripples in a vague imitation of a frown. "It's only recent. Maybe it hasn't had time to change you yet. Maybe it won't, at all." The dryad shakes her head. "Only time will tell. I pray that the fates will be kind on this land, but..." She quiets down again, staring off into the distance. Her sister still refuses to speak.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

"What is this Chaosmark? I will not let it, whatever it is, hurt these lands. You know that."

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

Only half paying attention to the dryad vaguely reference things they clearly had no knowledge of, Oliver pulled a tome out of his pack while commanding Kaiser "To the cart, fetch Rutherford's Complete History of the Prime and Archbishop Lionel's Manuscript of the Elements, post haste!" With the imp scampering off Oliver uses his Mage Hand to flip through the current tome while removing his shield. Kaiser returns holding both books his was sent to retrieve and Oliver begins to study all three in what is probably the nerdiest wizardly-est display everyone has seen.

Arcana for knowledge of Mark of Chaos: 1d20+15 33
History to see if Chaosmark pops up in history: 1d20+15 25
Religion to see if the Church dealt with 'Chaosmark': 1d20+13 31
I want the knowledge, give me the knowledge.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
She shakes her head, smiling faintly. "It won't hurt anybody. Except you five, maybe. It's what the name implies, a mark, a brand. Nothing overt, or easily visible, but a signal attuned to the right magics, drawing forth those creatures from the Chaos like a bleeding deer draws forth the wolves."

"Far out west, farther than any of your settlers have gone, or the old peoples before them, the Chaos has already belched forth, in its most primal form, founts of pure elemental matter that consume and destroy all. Every day, its agents spread the mark further, paving the road for the Chaos to reclaim what, as your wizard said, was built with its elements. Sometimes they are stopped. Other times...not." The dryad looks up solemnly at Keelie. "That the mark is on you, in these lands, means that there is an agent of the Chaos here preparing the way for its masters. How they got so far, I do not know. The Chaos is not known for its subtlety, which makes its presence here all the more worrying."

Oliver - though he can't find anything in particular by the name of Chaosmark in his books - does, after some cursory magical inspection, find a tiny sliver of magical energy, like a little string tightly bound to the life force of each of his companions. It's so small and intricate that undoing it would require intense study; a luxury you can't afford, if you want to stick to your original mission. Yet pushing his energies against one of the marks makes it rebound and reverberate, its own magic pushing out into the air above before dissipating, like a bell struck with a hammer.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

Miren rejoins the group with her new gauntlets snugly in place, seemingly oblivious to the haemolymph coating her forearms. "Strange that the five of us should be singled out for this chaosmark. Who do we know that has an interest in us five specifically and cast a spell on us." Miren deliberately phrases it as a statement rather than a question, hoping that none of her companions will answer out loud. Everyone present except the dryads know the answer and she's not exactly eager to tell them that her town may be a source of Chaos corruption.

pre:
Miren Lerege   						 
HP: 61/61 (THP:0)        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 19
Surges:  8/10 (V: 15)    Fort: 21    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 20    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Primordial
Resist: 5 psychic

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Eldritch Blast          [ ] Master's Eye                     [X] Tyranny of Flame
Dire Radiance           [ ] Void Assumption                  [ ] Hellsworn Blessing
Fate of the Void        [ ] Evil Eye of the Vistani          [ ] Ritual Sacrifice 
Warlock's Curse         [ ] Pandorym's Cry
                        [ ] Ethereal Stride
                        [ ] Worms
                        [ ] Maggot Conduit

Item Powers
[ ] Quickcurse Rod (Encounter)
[ ] Armor of Dark Majesty (Daily)
[ ] Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (5/day)

Conditionals/Resists:
Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, you receive a +1 bonus to 
ranged attack rolls against that target. 
Shadow Walk: During your turn, if you move 3 or more squares away from where you started your turn, 
you gain partial concealment until the end of your next turn. 
Cultist: While bloodied, gain a +1 power bonus to Fort and Will.
Empty Mind: When an enemy hits you with an attack that targets your Will or deals psychic damage to you,
that enemy takes 5 psychic damage.
Hidden Sniper: If you have partial concealment against a target, you gain combat advantage against it 
with your ranged attacks.
Bloodied Boon: You can choose to gain your pact boon when an enemy you curse is first bloodied. If you do 
so, you remove your curse from that enemy.
Armor of Dark Majesty: Gain +2 to defenses against enemies under your warlock's curse.
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: You can choose for your Warlock's Curse to deal acid, cold, or fire damage.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

"This is worrying. Thank you, spirits. There is little we can do now to assuage your wounds - we will free you, if you would not attack once more. We must head to the east - both in pursuit of the orcs and this mark - and hopefully I can find a basis to make reparations to you when I return. We have no leads except for the orcs themselves, after all." If the dryads agree they won't attack, Keelie will free them and begin walking on.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt shakes his head. "This is all fairly beyond me, 'Chaos Marks' and all that malarkey isn't really my department. What I do know is that a bunch of Orcs who were previously quite civil came and kicked up a big fuss in our town and I for one are quite keen to go and have a chat with their bossman and see what this is all about."

He looks pointedly at Oliver, then Mirren, then Keelie and finally gives the others a quick glance. "I am assuming that those of you that have the talent to understand this hibberdyjibberdy don't have the tools or goats eyes or whatever to do anything about it just now? Why don't we get a move on for the moment and come back to this when we return?"

Finally he turns to the Dryads. "And you two, don't just jump on travelers next time, these people came to help you because they heard your distress. Not because they wanted to 'Chaos Mark' you. So calm down a little. Ok? The next group you decide to horrifically murder in the woods might not be so forgiving"

With a nod as though all wrongs have been set right he turns and bumbles through the underbrush heading back to the road, where a few minutes later the sound of a struggle between halfling and llama emerges.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The slender dryad scowls at Stalt's flippant remark, but holds back from snapping at him again. The two of them promise to keep the peace, for now, and thank Keelie again when she unties them. Although her sister disappears into the wood of the tree next to them as quick as anything, the witch stays behind. "He scarred my heartwood, Keelie," she says, with a grim expression, "he cut a branch from my tree like it was nothing and vanished, the callous bastard. If you find him, make him pay. Please." She gives you a description of an Eladrin - though it doesn't sound like anybody you know from town - and then disappears, as well.

Now left to your own devices, you make your way back to the road, where things are more or less as you left them. That's a benefit of living so isolated, at least - there's very few highwaymen and bandits nearby. After Stalt struggles to get his llama under control again, you set out along the path.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

After the Dryads make their exit, Oliver closes his collection of tomes and stacks them in Kaiser's arms. As the group walks back to the cart, Oliver explains his findings to group. "...to summarize in simple terms, 'someone tied a bell to each of us with magic, and the knot is one of the most complicated works of arcane arts I have seen in my career as a wizard.' As it stands with some time and my full collection of tomes of the arts I would be able to dismiss these marks handily, however I lack my copies Bigby's Grasp of Arcane Knowledge and Mordenkainen's Catalog of Curious and Obscure Magick, as well as the time it would take for study and implementation of any rituals required to shatter the magic marking the five of us."

Pausing momentarily, Oliver continues "However the facts stand, these marks are indeed tied to the Elemental Chaos and the barest amount of arcane energy, like that required to even notice them pulses the arcano.... ahem, 'rings the bell.' Having had nothing fruit come from trying to determine how long we have been marked without further prodding, I wonder perhaps if Mayor Ezra marked us such. Sorcerers are tied closely to the elements and she might have had ample opportunity to mark us, though I cannot recall of any situation where she seemed out of place. Have any of you seen the mayor in odd places?"

Streetwise to see if the Mayor is evil: 1d20+2 9
Oh it's Streetwise to get details on the mayor? Wizards don't need Cha when they have Suggestion right guys?
Anyone with actual Charisma wanna see if the Mayor's playing us?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt listened to the wizard as he expounded on his theory of whatever this chaos marking malarky was all about. Thinking back though, he might have heard something about the Mayor while running his shop, or was it while he was drinking back at the inn with Morind?

Quick streetwise check: 20

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Palivir

"As far as I'm concerned, whatever is happening with this 'Chaos Mark' is secondary to this business with the orcs. Mayhaps the two're related, but I'm inclined to chase a tangible target than tales told by a tree."

Also rolling Streetwise to see if Pal ever picked up on the Mayor engaging in suspicious activities: 19

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Nobody really comes up with anything. Ezra's often seen about town, and the town's small enough that nobody can really get away with anything secret or suspicious. If she is a secret agent of the Elements, she's a very good one.

But the orcs are still the more pressing matter, so you all gather around the cart again and start moving. Khan can walk the path easily enough that Oliver doesn't need to mind the reins too much, especially not with Keelie walking next to the horse to guide it as well. So the wizard is free to poke and prod at the little magical mark, which takes most of his attention. It takes him a while, but he finally manages to get adept enough at manipulating it to start sending out rudimentary messages. The question is if anybody in the Elemental Chaos knows morse code, but wizards are unconcerned with such trifle matters.

As you move down the road, though, the others can see traces of the orc warband. The occasional slashed stump or broken weapon tells you you're on the right path for now, and serve as grim reminders of the gravity of your mission. You also start seeing the traces of spiders that live around this part of the woods - webs and broken cocoons become more prevalent as you go deeper into the forest. You're not too concerned about it, though; the spiders usually only prey on creatures that are a clearly designated prey, which means smaller and weaker things - so Kaiser stays well-hidden under the supplies on the cart.

Eventually you come upon a small brook, carving its way through the forest. There's a rudimentary bridge, so at least you can carry over Khan and the cart, but something else draws your attention first.

"Why must you flee, Shesha? You know that I'll always find you." A slow, distorted voice drifts over to you from somewhere beyond the trees. Hearing it gives you the chills, and Miren notices the spirits flickering in states between really angry and really scared.

"And now you've caught me." Another voice responds, more clear and bold, with a slightly entertained tone. "My, my, whatever am I going to do? If only there were travellers going down the road right now, capable travellers with strong arms and magics to save a helpless damsel like myself! If only..."

The distorted voice hisses something in a language none of you can understand, but then resumes speaking in accented common. "I grow tired of your ramblings, Shesha. I will have your blood and mind before the sun sets."

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Palivir

Whatever was lurking in the woods, at least one of them, this 'Shesha', seemed aware of the party's presence. Potential ally or not, it at least warranted some investigation in Palivir's mind.

"I'll go scout this out, see what's this all about. Follow if ye like, I'll toss up a signal if it's something I think needs attention."

Stealth to sneak up and spy on the source of the commotion: 37

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

Miren places a bony hand on Keelie's shoulder. "Stop. The spirits say..." She stumbles over her words, trying to find a good description. The spirits don't often hit her with this much raw emotion. "Whatever that thing is, it must be destroyed. This isn't a matter of tribute, either. As soon as we heard those voices, the spirits started screaming with rage." She pulls Keelie closer, lowering her voice to a whisper so that the others can't hear. "And fear. The spirits are terrified. I cannot promise I'll be of much use, but I hope you can understand why this is necessary."

Miren looks back over her shoulder at the others. "Let's go." With that, she heads off into the trees, imploring the shadows to keep her hidden.

Stealth: 21

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Palivir pads over through the underbrush, quiet as anything. The terrain goes a little uphill, to a small cliff right next to the creek. Up there there are three creatures gathered. The first is as if a ghost, pale and translucent, its form shifting constantly under the bright halo above its head, though with clear - if disturbing - humanoid features.

It's facing a woman, who looks young and innocent, though her hair is a pale silver color, and she wears a dress that's fashionable only by old continent standards from at least a hundred years ago. "Honestly, you're such a sore loser. Are you still upset that I eluded you in Red River by leading you into the wizard's tower just as he was performing a banishment spell? You can hardly blame me for your own inattention." This must be Sesha, then, going from her voice. She's restrained in what looks like thick, sticky webbing, though you don't really see any spiders nearby.

"Silence!" cries the pale vision, shrieking in its distorted voice. One of its arms grows more solid for a brief moment, and it gestures to its companion - a tiefling, solid and burly looking, who has his back turned to the couple and is overlooking the direction you came from. "Get to it! Bleed the snake dry!"

As Miren approaches, the spirits become increasingly agitated. They just about scream in her ears, and so she doesn't notice when the tiefling stops mid-turn and stares straight at her. The transparent creature snarls in frustration when its apparent lackey doesn't obey, but then pauses, and shifts. "Who's there?" it whispers, not necessarily hostile, but certainly malicious, "stay out of business that isn't yours, mortals. I have no need for an audience."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

With the spirits going berserk in her head, Miren can barely focus her eyes enough to glare at the tiefling. "Your master..." she manages to get out before sharply sucking in a breath of air as if winded. She jerks her head toward the ghostly creature. Images of a hundred faces play across its skeletal countenance. Some she doesn't know, some she does, some she's only heard of. One in particular stands out to her. "You...know my father. Don't you?" Steeling herself, she regains some composure. She takes in a deep, slow breath and focuses on the ghost. Her voice grows deep and harsh. "The spirits do not always speak clearly, but when they look on you, their voices are as one. You are an abomination, a blight unto this world. The earth does not want you. The worms will not have you. But you must die all the same, and your wretched remains will be cast into oblivion."

Miren points at the ghost, about to attack.

I assume I'm starting a combat here.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The ghostly creature lets out a burbling, hissing noise, and it takes a moment for you to realize that its laughing. "A spirit-touched! Oh, you poor mortal girl. Your head must be killing you right now..." It raises a ghostly hand, and right in front of Keelie, another dark spirit whispers into existence. "Not to worry. The pain is only a prelude compared to the agony I'll be visiting upon you when I take your soul." Seemingly ignoring its captive, the manifestation turns fully towards you now and lets out a shrieking cry. From all around you, spiders emerge from the woods! One moves from across the river to Miren in a mighty leap, and closes its jaws around her wrist - though her new gauntlets provide adequate cover. Two others leap to Oliver and Stalt and do manage to find their flesh, while the wraith attacks Keelie with a spectral imitation of a sword, slicing right through her body!

- Leaping Spider 1 jumps across the river to J16 and attacks Miren, but misses!
- Leaping Spider 2 moves to P14 and attacks Oliver with a CRIT! It deals 10 damage and gets +5 to all defenses UEONT.
- Leaping Spider 3 moves to P19 and attacks Stalt. It hits for 3 damage and gets +5 to all defenses UEONT.
- Summoned Wraith attacks Keelie with a CRIT! Stoneroot Endurance rolls a 4, making it still a crit. It deals 18 damage and marks her. Keelie also grants CA and takes ongoing 5 necrotic damage. Finally, all creatures except the wraith are invisible to her!

pre:
Name             Init  Pos    HP      AC  Fort  Ref  Will  Pass.Perc.

Leaping Spider 1 28    J16   58/58    20  17    19   17    21
	       2       P14   58/58    20  17    19   17    21
  	       3       P19   58/58    20  17    19   17    21 
Summoned Wraith  27    L14   89/89    24  20    22   21    16
Keelie		 23    M13   53/71    23  21    19   21
Tiefling         22    I22   100/100  23  21    24   18    16
Stalking Spider  22    J4    80/80    21  20    20   18    20 
Manifestation    22    H20   80/80    21  19    19   21    16
Palivir          21    L20   53/53    21  14    20   18
Oliver           18    O15   40/50    24  18    22   17
Stalt	         14    P18   50/53    25  20    18   19
Giant Spider	 10    B17   82/82    21  20    19   19    21
Miren		  6    K17   61/61    21  21    22   20 

Sesha             0    F20   ??/?? 

Conditions:
Leaping Spider 2: +5 to all defenses UEONT
Leaping Spider 3: +5 to all defenses UEONT
Keelie: Grants CA, ongoing 5 necro (save ends both); Can't see any enemy except the Wraith (save ends); Marked.
Palivir: Hidden

Keelie is up!

Leafy textures are difficult terrain and provide concealment
Rocks are difficult terrain, but can be negated with a DC 20 Athletics jump, or climb speed.
Water is difficult terrain and if you end your turn in it, you provide CA until the start of your next turn.
Cart provides partial cover to enemies on the other end.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 14, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

Keelie shakes off the darkness over her eyes, concentrating a moment. As branches begin to grow from her shoulders, reaching up into the air, and her skin hardens to bark, Keelie strikes at the shade, her sword bright with healing energy. Her attack misses the dark spirit, slicing through where it just was as Keelie swears like a bear in a low rumble. As her branches make a canopy above her and bloom into lilies, Keelie shouts: "Gather under my canopy, friends! I will protect you!"

No Action: Save against Blind: 1d20 11 Saved! Keelie is no longer blinded! She takes 5 damage from the ongoing damage effect.
Minor Action: Assume the guardian form of the willow sentinel. Keelie cannot be pulled, pushed, or slid until the end of the encounter, and gains a +2 bonus to Fortitude. If an ally adjacent to her is attacked, she will use Form of the Willow Sentinel's attack as an immediate interrupt.
Standard Action: Warden's Sacrifice on the wraith. Warden's Sacrifice vs AC: 1d20+13 21 2d8+6 19 Miss for poop.
Free Action: Mark the wraith with Nature's Wrath.
Move Action: Shift to N14.
End of Turn: Saving Throw: 1d20 12 Keelie saves against the ongoing damage and no longer grants CA!

pre:
Keelie   						 
HP: 48/71 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 9/10 (V: 17)    For:  23 (21)    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 21    Vision: None

Warden's Fury          [ ] Warden's Sacrifice               [X] Form Of The Willow Sentinel ([ ] Attack)
Warden's Grasp         [ ] Strongskin Clash                 [ ] Nature Sense
Thorn Strike           [ ] Sheltering Storm                 [ ] Wellspring Strike    
Resilience Of Life     [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Set Determination

Item Powers
[ ] Vengeful Longsword (Encounter)
[ ] Battleforged Shield (Daily)
[ ] Boots Of Free Movement (Encounter)
[ ] Amulet Of Life (Encounter)
[ ] Bracers of Respite (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Boots Of Free Movement: +2 to saving throws against effects that apply the immobilized, slowed, or restrained condition.
Continue The Story: +1 to saving throws against death. 
When Keelie makes an Endurance check, she may roll twice and use either result.
Deadly Draw: When Keelie pulls or slides an enemy adjacent to her, 
she gains combat advantage against that enemy until the end of her next turn.
Font of Life: At the start of her turn, Keelie may make a saving throw against one effect that a save may end. 
On a save, she is able to act normally (if stunned or dazed), and takes no damage from ongoing damage effects.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against opportunity attacks.
Lifespirit: When Keelie uses her second wind, 
an ally within 5 squares may spend a healing surge and make a saving throw.
Lifespirit Vigor: Can grant a saving throw to a second ally within 5 squares when Keelie uses her second wind.
Nature's Wrath: May mark all adjacent enemies as a free action once per turn.
Stoneroot's Endurance: When Keelie is subjected to a critical hit, roll a d20. 
On a 10 or higher, it is a normal hit, not a critical hit.
Superior Will: If Keelie is stunned or dazed, 
she can make a saving throw to end that effect at the beginning of her turn, even if the effect does not normally allow a save.
The Tables Are Turned: When Keelie uses her second wind, 
she gains combat advantage on any enemies flanking her, and being flanked does not cause her to grant combat advantage. 
This lasts until the end of her next turn.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 14, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
With a gesture of the pale vision, the tiefling brandishes his wicked blade and moves down the small hill to slash Miren across the face. Another spider jumps over the river and makes a passing bite at Keelie, but misses. Chittering in frustration, it moves away to disappear into the underbrush. "Move, you dim brute! Waste no time on this mongrel." The manifestation hisses angrily at the tiefling, causing him to move as his blade erupts into fire. With his weapon thus enchanted, he leaves a burning wound in Keelie's newly grown canopy.

- The Tiefling moves to J17 and attacks Miren for 11 damage. Miren grants CA UEONT.
- The Stalking Spider jumps to N11! It then moves to O12, attacks Keelie (but misses), and moves on to the underbrush, disappearing!
- The Manifestation slides the Tiefling to M14. The Tiefling attacks Keelie for 25 damage, and Keelie grants CA UEONT!

pre:

Keelie		 23    N14   23/71    23  21    19   21
Stalking Spider  22    ???   80/80    21  20    20   18    20 
Miren		  6    K17   50/61    21  21    22   20 

Conditions:
Summoned Wraith: Marked by Keelie.
Keelie: Grants CA, Marked by Wraith. Bloodied. +2 to Fort. No forced movement.
Stalking Spider: Hidden
Miren: Grants CA

Palivir, Oliver and Stalt are up!

Rocks are difficult terrain, but can be negated with a DC 20 Athletics jump, or climb speed.
Water is difficult terrain and if you end your turn in it, you provide CA until the start of your next turn.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 14, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

Ignoring the spider near him, Oliver turns to the tiefling and outstretches his hand, a swirling rune appearing in his palm. "A rather obedient minion you have, fiend, I think I shall borrow him!" The tiefling then turns and strikes at the apparition behind him! "Oh, how rude of me, I should introduce you to a minion of mine." With a flourish, Oliver conjures a gash in reality, a man-shaped body of flame armed and armored steps out before the rift closes. Saluting to crowd only it sees, it cries out "We who are about to die, salute you!" in primordial tongue, before assuming a battle stance.

Standard Action:Charm of Misplaced Wrath vs Will "Make the Tiefling work for us": 1d20+11 16 Miss means he's not dazed or slid, but he still swings! Also Provokes from the spider.
Move Action:Convert to Minor, pull out Kaiser in N16
Minor Action: Summon Fire Warrior in I19
Free Action: Tome of Binding, Fire Warrior gets +3 to all damage rolls
Knowledge Checks:Arcana on the Manifester: 1d20+15 34
Nature for Spider Lore: 1d20+8 19
Nature to see what's the deal with that Tiefling: 1d20+8 13
Religion to figure out spooky ghost man: 1d20+13 33
No Action: Use Vulnerability on Summoned Wraith, +4 to all Def against its attacks and +5 to damage against it as long as I don't hit a resist until EoNT

pre:
Oliver Arderne   						 
HP: 40/50 (THP: )        AC:   24    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 8/9 (V: 12)      For:  18    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +5   	Ref:  22    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	        Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Goblin, Dwarven, Elven

At Will			            Encounter			              Daily
Winged Horde                        [ ] Hobgoblin Discipline                  [-] Summon Fire Warrior
Storm Pillar                        [-] Charm of Misplaced Wrath               [+] Watery Sphere
Familiar: Tome Caddy                [-] Use Vulnerability                     [-] Summon Magma Beast    
Mage Hand                           [ ] Pinioning Vortex                       [+] Bigby's Icy Grasp
Light                               [ ] Tomebound Ooze                         [+] Feather Fall
Mystical Debris                     [ ] Suggestion                            [ ] Conjure Fortification
                                    [ ] Chameleon's Mask
                                     [+] Dispel Magic
                                    [-] Tome of Binding

Item Powers
Currently none

Conditionals/Resists:
Echo Tome: +1 to attacks against Reflex
Indomitable Resolve Armor: +2 to Will while Bloodied
Phalanx Soldier: +1 to AC while adjacent to ally using shield while using shield
Cloak of Distortion: +1 all Def against attacks from more than 5 squares away
Tome Expert: Enemies adjacent to my conjurations/summons grant CA
Tome Caddy: While active I can wield tomes without using hands and summons adjacent to the Caddy get +2 damage
Magma Symbiosis: While Magma Beast is out, can shift 2 squares as a move action 
and enemies hit with my At-Will spells cannot shift until EoNT.

Summon Stats
Fire Warrior
HP: 25/25 Def: 27/21/23/18 Speed: Fly 6 (Hover)
Attack: Melee 1 targets one creature, Int vs Ref; 1d8+Int fire damage, can be used to OA

Tome Caddy
HP: 1 Def:24/18/22/17 Speed: 6
Can't be more then 20 squares from me. Can't Flank. Is Tiny. Adjacent Summons (just mine) get +2 to damage rolls

E:Added Knowledge Checks

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 15, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
- The Spider tries to bite Oliver, but misses!
- The Tiefling, provoked by the charm, swings at the Wraith, but misses as well!

Knowledge: The Manifestation is a proxy appearance of a powerful devil, an astral projection because the entity behind it has no need to travel to the mortal plane. Its very purpose is to corrupt and tempt the denizens of the mortal plane - not even for a goal or for amusement, but just because it was born that way.
The Wraith is a corrupted soul, bound by the devil's magic and at its complete command. Killing it would be a mercy to whomever it may have been in the past, twisted as it is through who knows how many ages of pain and torture.
The spiders, this area's natural inhabitants, are being driven into a rage by the devil's presence, just like the spirits Miren talks to. Unlike the spirits, however, they might not be so easily kept at bay...

pre:

Kaiser           18    N16   01/01    24  18    22   17
Fire Warrior     18    I19   25/25    27  21    23   18

Conditions:
Manifestation: Grants CA

Resists:
Summmoned Wraith; Insubstantial, Immune to Disease and Poison, resist 10 necrotic
Manifestation: Resist 10 Fire

Wahad fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 15, 2014

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Palivir

"First dryads, now demons...what's next, dragons?" Palivir sighed a little in frustration before focusing his attention on the demon apparition. Abandoning subtlety in favor of a rapid assault to draw the demon's attention away from the wounded Keelie, Palivir spread his wings wide and with a great gust leaped behind his mark.

Free Action: Assassin's Shroud on Manifestation

Minor Action: Toxic Saliva

Standard Action: Spinning Blade Leap Effect: Shift to G-21

Spinning Blade Leap vs Manifestation (Shroud Invoked): 31; 23 damage, Slowed (Save Ends), First Failed Save: Immobilized (Save Ends)

Minor Action: Low Slash vs Manifestation: 32; 13 damage (10+3 for flanking)

No Action: Assassin's Strike: 16 damage.

Palivir has Concealment due to Shadow Walk. If something other than the Manifestation moves adjacent, will use Smoke Bomb to shift to H-18 and roll Stealth to Hide.

pre:
Palivir   						 
HP: 52/53 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 5/6 (V: 13)      For:  14    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +9   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6, Fly 6   	 Will: 18    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Draconic

Sly Flourish		[x] Assassin's Strike		     [x] Spinning Blade Leap		
Poisoned Dagger		[] Smoke Bomb			     [] Carrion Crawler Brain Juice
Garrote Strangle	[x] Low Slash			     [] Acidic Revenge
			[] Shrouding Gloom
			[] Spiteful Glamor
			[x] Toxic Saliva
			[] Skulking Spy
			[x][] Assassin's Shroud	

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: +1 to defenses vs Ranged attacks from >5 squares.

Ghost Strike Ki Focus: Melee attacks ignore Insubstantial if target grants CA.

Murderous Eye: Gain CA against slowed, immobilized, or weakened enemies.

Shadow Walk: During your turn, if you move 3 or more squares away from where you started your turn, 

Ki Focus Expertise: +1 damage vs Bloodied targets.

Alertness: Cannot be surprised.

Sneak Attack: +2d6 damage with Rogue powers vs enemies granting CA.

Attack Finesse: +1d8 damage with basic attacks and Assassin powers.

Active Effects:
Concealment

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt cries out in shock as something causes his ride to buck him off to the floor. He quickly jumps to his feet, instinctively drawing his weapons and finds himself facing down a giant spider. Quickly getting his bearings he realises things have escalated pretty quickly while he was daydreaming.

He glances around and sees Keelie standing between the intimidating Tiefling and the Wizard. Bracing himself hedarts away from the spider until he is menacing the Tiefling. With a wink at the transformed human he leaps in to distract the large figure. "Alright bigjob, watch your kneecaps mate"

Move to M15, triggering an opportunity attack from the spider (+2 AC for Nimble Reaction). Not using Vengeance if it hits me.

Provoke Overextension vs Tiefling: 30; 11 damage. Target must make a basic attack against me as a free action. I have +3 AC. If he misses me an ally may make a basic attack as a free action with +3 to the damage roll.

If he hits me I will Vengeance is Mine. This should also provoke Keelie's Willow attack I believe.

pre:
Stalt   						 
HP: 50/53 (THP: )         AC:   25    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 6/8 (V: 13)       For:  20    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Dwarven

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Brash Assault         [ ] Second Chance               [ ] Lamb to the Slaughter
Direct the Strike     [ ][ ] Inspiring Word           [ ] Stand the Fallen
                      [ ] Vengance is Mine                     
                      [ ] Shielding Retaliation
                      [x] Provoke Overextention
                      [ ] Knights Move

Item Powers
[x] Dwarven Armour (Daily)
[ ] Casque of Tactics (Daily)
[x] Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments (Consumable)
[ ] Vial of Darkness (Consumable)

Conditionals/Resists:
Lost in the Crowd: Grants +2 AC when adjacent to 2+ larger enemies
Bold: +5 to saving throws against fear
Nimble Reaction: +2 to AC against Opportunity Attacks
Bravura Presence: Ally who sees you who spends an action point to take an action and attack 
can use this: on hit, ally can make a basic attack or take move; on miss, ally grants 
combat advantage until end of next turn.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift 1 sq, or gain +2 to AC and Reflex until start of his 
next turn when you target him with power that lets him spend a healing surge
Harlequin Style: Augment Brash Assault: Against the target of this exploit you gain a bonus
to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+3) until the start of your next turn.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Shesha, though still tied up in webbing, laughs in delight as Palivir comes between her and the ghostly creature. Oh, well fought, young spawn! Well fought indeed!, she says, in a language only he can understand, though others can hear her amused tone.

Snarling at Stalt's taunt, the Tiefling lurches for him with his burning blade. Thanks to Keelie's interruption, however, the big lug misses the little guy, and she follows up, though this time he's more on guard, blocking her strike. The Giant spider comes into motion, spitting a giant glob of webbing at the manifestation - and covers Palivir and Oliver's summoned warrior with it, too! Fortunately, they both manage not to get too caught up in it, though they'll still have to mind their footing.

- The Spider's OA against Stalt misses!
- The Tiefling's provoked MBA against Stalt hits for 15 damage [Or it would, if Keelie hadn't interrupted with Form of the Willow Sentinel Attack for 5 miss damage and -2 on the respective attack.] Keelie gets to follow up with an MBA, but misses!
- The Giant Spider lobs a blob of web, covering the area from G19-I21 in difficult terrain (webbing), then moves to top-left E15.

pre:

Tiefling         22    I22   84/100   23  21    24   18    16
Manifestation    22    H20   38/80    21  19    19   21    16
Palivir          21    G21   53/53    21  14    20   18
Kaiser                 N16   01/01    24  18    22   17
Fire Warrior           I19   25/25    27  21    23   18
Stalt	         14    M15   50/53    25  20    18   19
Giant Spider	 10    E15   82/82    21  20    19   19    21

Conditions:
Manifestation: Grants CA, Slowed (Save ends), bloodied.
Palivir: Concealment
Giant Spider: Grants CA

Resists:
Summmoned Wraith; Insubstantial, Immune to Disease and Poison, resist 10 necrotic

Miren is up!

White stuff is webs which are difficult terrain

Wahad fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 15, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

Miren disappears into shadow, re-emerging in the middle of her allies. She fixes the tiefling with a baleful gaze. "The spirits may fear your master, but you? You, they will devour." She spits a curse at him, wracking his mind with horrible, unearthly cries.

Move Action: Ethereal Stride. Teleport to N15 and gain +2 to all defenses UEoMNT. Gain concealment via Shadow Walk.
Minor: Warlock's Curse on tiefling
Standard: Pandorym's Cry. Ranged 10 psychic attack vs. Will; target tiefling (33, hit). Tiefling takes 19 psychic damage. Tiefling grants CA and is slowed UEoMNT.
Tiefling can OA me.

pre:
Miren Lerege   						 
HP: 61/61 (THP:0)        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 19
Surges:  8/10 (V: 15)    Fort: 21    Passive Perception: 14

Eldritch Blast          [ ] Master's Eye                     [X] Tyranny of Flame
Dire Radiance           [ ] Void Assumption                  [ ] Hellsworn Blessing
Fate of the Void        [ ] Evil Eye of the Vistani          [ ] Ritual Sacrifice 
Warlock's Curse         [X] Pandorym's Cry
                        [X] Ethereal Stride
                        [ ] Worms
                        [ ] Maggot Conduit

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, you receive a +1 bonus to 
Empty Mind: When an enemy hits you with an attack that targets your Will or deals psychic damage to you,
Hidden Sniper: If you have partial concealment against a target, you gain combat advantage against it 
Bloodied Boon: You can choose to gain your pact boon when an enemy you curse is first bloodied. If you do 
Armor of Dark Majesty: Gain +2 to defenses against enemies under your warlock's curse.
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: You can choose for your Warlock's Curse to deal acid, cold, or fire damage.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
"I have seen things that would make your mind crumble into dust," the tiefling spits, retaliating with a stab of his wicked blade. "I do not fear your spirits." The spiders screech in primal rage, and tear into their prey with their poisonous fangs. Those afflicted feel their minds recoil, the venom of the spiders assaulting their brains directly. The Wraith disappears in a whirl of smoke, only to reappear behind Keelie, its shadowy features contorting into a grotesque approximation of a smile, plunging his smoky sword directly into her back - and yet again, darkness clouds her vision, and only those pale glowing eyes and grotesque smile pierce it.

- The Tiefling's OA against Miren hits for 18 damage! She grants CA until the end of his next turn.
- Leaping Spider 1 moves to M16 (avoiding OA), attacking Miren for 17 damage.
- Leaping Spider 2 attacks Oliver for 18 damage!
- Leaping Spider 3 moves to J19, attacking the Fire Warrior but missing.
- The Summoned Wraith moves to O14 (eating an OA from Stalt, who misses), attacking Keelie for 12 damage and marking her! Keelie grants CA and takes ongoing 5 necro (save ends). All creatures except the Wraith are invisible to her (save ends).

pre:

Leaping Spider 1 28    M16   58/58    20  17    19   17    21
  	       3       J19   58/58    20  17    19   17    21 
Summoned Wraith  27    O14   89/89    24  20    22   21    16
Keelie		 23    M14   11/71    23  21    19   21
Tiefling         22    I22   65/100   23  21    24   18    16
Oliver           18    O15   22/50    24  18    22   17
Fire Warrior           I19   25/25    27  21    23   18
Miren		  6    N15   15/61    21  21    22   20 

Conditions:
Leaping Spider 3: Grants CA
Tiefling: Cursed, slowed and grants CA.
Manifestation: Grants CA, Slowed (Save ends), bloodied.
Oliver: Bloodied, +2 to Will.
Miren: Grants CA, Bloodied.

Resists:

Keelie is up!

Wahad fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 18, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

"I could use some help here!" The warden grimaces from the pain. It looks like she will succumb, collapsing to the ground for a moment, before standing up again and clasping her shield to her chest, her hands glowing with the energies of nature. "No!" she shouts, and her wounds heal. A moment later, Keelie's eyes clear, and she looks at the enemies around here. "Who's next?"

No Action: Saving Throw Versus Blindness: 1d20 5 Keelie is still blinded. She takes 5 damage from the ongoing damage effect.
Free Action: Mark the tiefling and the wraith with Nature's Wrath.
Standard Action: Use Second Wind, healing 17 HP and gaining a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of her next turn. Miren gets to spend a healing surge and make a saving throw! After she does, Keelie uses her bracers of respite, healing Bracer of Respite Healing: 1d8 4
Free Action: Use Keelie's Amulet of Life, spending a second healing surge and healing 17 HP.
End of Turn: Saves: 2#1d20 14 6 Keelie uses Heroic Effort to succeed at both saves. She is no longer blinded, grants CA, or taking ongoing damage.

pre:
Keelie   						 
HP: 44/71 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 7/10 (V: 17)    For:  23 (21)    Passive Perception: 21

Warden's Fury          [ ] Warden's Sacrifice               [X] Form Of The Willow Sentinel ([ ] Attack)
Thorn Strike           [ ] Sheltering Storm                 [ ] Wellspring Strike    
Resilience Of Life     [X] Second Wind                      [ ] Set Determination
                       [X] Heroic Effort

Item Powers
[ ] Boots Of Free Movement (Encounter)
[X] Amulet Of Life (Encounter)
[X] Bracers of Respite (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Boots Of Free Movement: +2 to saving throws against effects that apply the immobilized, slowed, or restrained condition.
Font of Life: At the start of her turn, Keelie may make a saving throw against one effect that a save may end. 
On a save, she is able to act normally (if stunned or dazed), and takes no damage from ongoing damage effects.
Lifespirit Vigor: Can grant a saving throw to a second ally within 5 squares when Keelie uses her second wind.
she can make a saving throw to end that effect at the beginning of her turn, even if the effect does not normally allow a save.
she gains combat advantage on any enemies flanking her, and being flanked does not cause her to grant combat advantage. 

Arivia fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 21, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Seeing Keelie restore herself from the brink of death, the tiefling laughs. "Wait your turn, then, girl. You'll be dead soon enough, no matter how much you struggle." As if to defy her, he lashes out at Miren, tearing a great wound across her chest! The spider that disappeared into the underbrush returns to the fray as well. Oliver tries to strike at it, but misses, and it tears the flesh from his leg, the sudden bloodloss causing him to pass out! "You see?" says the tiefling, pointing at Oliver's shuddering body, "death comes for you all. Death and agony." The pale abomination disappears from in front of Palivir. WIth a mighty shriek, it reappears behind the giant spider and forces the creature to move! It does so, lunging at the Oliver's summoned creature with its mighty jaws.

- The Tiefling attacks Miren with a CRIT for 29 damage! She grants CA until the end of his next turn. Keelie retaliates with Warden's Fury for 9 damage.
- The Stalking Spider moves to O16. Oliver gets an OA, but misses. The spider attacks Oliver with a CRIT for 29 damage!
- The Manifestation teleports to D16. It slides the Giant Spider to top-left G18. The Giant spider attacks the Fire Warrior for 17 damage and ongoing 5 poison (save ends)!

pre:

Keelie		 23    M14   44/71    23  21    19   21
Tiefling         22    I22   56/100   23  21    24   18    16
Stalking Spider  22    O16   80/80    21  20    20   18    20 
Oliver           18    O15   -7/50    24  18    22   17
Fire Warrior           I19   08/25    27  21    23   18
Miren		  6    N15   01/61    21  21    22   20 

Conditions:
Keelie: Grants CA, Marked by Wraith. +2 to Fort. No forced movement.
Tiefling: Cursed, slowed and grants CA, marked by Keelie.
Manifestation: Grants CA, bloodied.
Oliver: Dying, prone, +2 to Will.
Fire Warrior; Ongoing 5 poison.
Miren: Grants CA, Bloodied.

Resists:

Palivir, Oliver and Stalt are up!

Wahad fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 21, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

Oliver's Death Save, Fire Warrior's Save: 2#1d20 14 17

pre:
Oliver Arderne   						 
HP: -7/50 (THP: )        AC:   24    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 8/9 (V: 12)      For:  18    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +5   	Ref:  22    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	        Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Goblin, Dwarven, Elven

At Will			            Encounter			              Daily
Winged Horde                        [ ] Hobgoblin Discipline                  [-] Summon Fire Warrior
Storm Pillar                        [-] Charm of Misplaced Wrath               [+] Watery Sphere
Familiar: Tome Caddy                [-] Use Vulnerability                     [-] Summon Magma Beast    
Mage Hand                           [ ] Pinioning Vortex                       [+] Bigby's Icy Grasp
Light                               [ ] Tomebound Ooze                         [+] Feather Fall
Mystical Debris                     [ ] Suggestion                            [ ] Conjure Fortification
                                    [ ] Chameleon's Mask
                                     [+] Dispel Magic
                                    [-] Tome of Binding

Item Powers
Currently none

Conditionals/Resists:
Echo Tome: +1 to attacks against Reflex
Indomitable Resolve Armor: +2 to Will while Bloodied
Phalanx Soldier: +1 to AC while adjacent to ally using shield while using shield
Cloak of Distortion: +1 all Def against attacks from more than 5 squares away
Tome Expert: Enemies adjacent to my conjurations/summons grant CA
Tome Caddy: While active I can wield tomes without using hands and summons adjacent to the Caddy get +2 damage
Magma Symbiosis: While Magma Beast is out, can shift 2 squares as a move action 
and enemies hit with my At-Will spells cannot shift until EoNT.

Summon Stats
Fire Warrior
HP: 25/25 Def: 27/21/23/18 Speed: Fly 6 (Hover)
Attack: Melee 1 targets one creature, Int vs Ref; 1d8+Int fire damage, can be used to OA

Tome Caddy
HP: 1 Def:24/18/22/17 Speed: 6
Can't be more then 20 squares from me. Can't Flank. Is Tiny. Adjacent Summons (just mine) get +2 to damage rolls

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Palivir

"Running already? Coward."

Free Action: Assassin's Shroud on Manifestation.

Move: Fly to C-17

Standard: Sly Flourish (Shroud Invoked) vs Manifestation: 23; 27 damage.

Minor: Shrouding Gloom(Stealth: 21).

pre:
Palivir   						 
HP: 52/53 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 5/6 (V: 13)      For:  14    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +9   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6, Fly 6   	 Will: 18    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Draconic

Sly Flourish		[x] Assassin's Strike		     [x] Spinning Blade Leap		
Poisoned Dagger		[] Smoke Bomb			     [] Carrion Crawler Brain Juice
Garrote Strangle	[x] Low Slash			     [] Acidic Revenge
			[x] Shrouding Gloom
			[] Spiteful Glamor
			[x] Toxic Saliva
			[] Skulking Spy
			[x][x] Assassin's Shroud	

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: +1 to defenses vs Ranged attacks from >5 squares.

Ghost Strike Ki Focus: Melee attacks ignore Insubstantial if target grants CA.

Murderous Eye: Gain CA against slowed, immobilized, or weakened enemies.

Ki Focus Expertise: +1 damage vs Bloodied targets.

Alertness: Cannot be surprised.

Sneak Attack: +2d6 damage with Rogue powers vs enemies granting CA.

Attack Finesse: +1d8 damage with basic attacks and Assassin powers.

Active Effects:
Concealment, Hidden (Tiefling, Manifestation, Wraith, Stalking Spider)

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt

"Wizard! Get on your feet and show me what you can do! This isn't some slumber party in the woods! I thought wizards were supposed to be a big deal!"

He glances over his shoulder at Mirren.

"You! Follow me! Let's show them what we've got!"

With that he leaps back into the fray, jabbing and taunting the Tiefling once again.

Minor Action: Rousing words on Mirren. Player can spend two healing surges. Mirren can shift 1 square or gain +2 to AC and Reflex until start of their next turn (Last Legion Officer)

Convert Move action to Minor: Inspiring Word on Oliver. He can heal 1 healing surge + 3 and in addition can shift 1 square or gains +2 to AC and Reflex until start of next turn.

Brash Assault vs the Tiefling. 25 Hit! 10 Damage.

Tiefling may now make a BA against me. I have +5 AC (Lost in the Crowd + Harlequin Style) and he has Combat Advantage. If he hits me, an adjacent ally may make a BA against him as a free action with combat advantage.

I have +3 to all my defences until the start of my next turn due to Harlequin Style.

pre:
Stalt   						 
HP: 50/53 (THP: )         AC:   25    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 6/8 (V: 13)       For:  20    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Dwarven

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Brash Assault         [ ] Second Chance               [ ] Lamb to the Slaughter
Direct the Strike     [x][ ] Inspiring Word           [ ] Stand the Fallen
                      [ ] Vengance is Mine                     
                      [ ] Shielding Retaliation
                      [x] Provoke Overextention
                      [ ] Knights Move
                      [x] Rousing Words

Item Powers
[x] Dwarven Armour (Daily)
[ ] Casque of Tactics (Daily)
[x] Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments (Consumable)
[ ] Vial of Darkness (Consumable)

Conditionals/Resists:
Lost in the Crowd: Grants +2 AC when adjacent to 2+ larger enemies
Bold: +5 to saving throws against fear
Nimble Reaction: +2 to AC against Opportunity Attacks
Bravura Presence: Ally who sees you who spends an action point to take an action and attack 
can use this: on hit, ally can make a basic attack or take move; on miss, ally grants 
combat advantage until end of next turn.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift 1 sq, or gain +2 to AC and Reflex until start of his 
next turn when you target him with power that lets him spend a healing surge
Harlequin Style: Augment Brash Assault: Against the target of this exploit you gain a bonus
to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+3) until the start of your next turn.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The moment Stalt strikes the tiefling, his eyes light up with rage - quite literally. Fire erupts from them, and he snarls: "Yes! Feed my pain, halfling. You will see what true ago -- aghpfhk!" His taunt is interrupted by the giant spider's web, spit to them from across the field after it pulled Palivir away from the devil's manifestation! Everybody is caught in the sticky stuff, making it impossible to move anywhere.

- Stalt's Attack bloodies the Tiefling! He gains an aura 1, and any enemy that ends their turn in his aura take 5 fire damage. The provoked attack misses!
- The Giant Spider pulls Palivir to G20. Fire Warrior gets an OA, and hits for 15 damage. The spider shifts to top-left H17, then fires a webblob at the cart-crowd. Everybody is restrained (save ends)

pre:

Keelie		 23    N14   44/71    23  21    19   21
Tiefling         22    M14   46/100   23  21    24   18    16
Manifestation    22    H20   11/80    21  19    19   21    16
Palivir          21    G20   53/53    21  14    20   18
Oliver           18    O15   15/50    24  18    22   17
Fire Warrior           I19   08/25    27  21    23   18
Stalt	         14    M15   45/53    25  20    18   19
Giant Spider	 10    H17   67/82    21  20    19   19    21
Miren		  6    N15   31/61    21  21    22   20 

Conditions:
Leaping Spider 1: Restrained (Save ends)
Summoned Wraith: Marked by Keelie, restrained (save ends)
Keelie: Grants CA, Marked by Wraith. +2 to Fort. No forced movement, restrained (save ends)
Tiefling: Cursed, slowed and grants CA, marked by Keelie, bloodied, restrained (save ends)
Oliver: Prone, +2 to Will, +2 AC/Ref, restrained (save ends)
Stalt: Restrained (save ends)
Fire Warrior; Ongoing 5 poison.
Miren: Grants CA, +2 AC/Ref, restrained (save ends)

Resists:

Miren is up!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

The tiefling's assault is almost too much to bear. Miren collapses to her knees. Fenced in by blades and gnashing mandibles on all sides, and covered in web, she opts not to open herself up to attack. Instead, she traces a symbol on her chest with her finger, staring intently at the tiefling as she does so. Unnatural shadows play across her form for a moment and she vanishes.

Minor: Warlock's Curse on Stalking Spider
Standard: Second Wind.
Minor: Void Assumption. You cease to exist and can take no actions until the start of your next turn. You have line of sight and line of effect to no creature, and no creature has line of sight or line of effect to you. At the start of your next turn, you reappear in the square of your choice within 3 squares of the square you left.
Eat poo poo Restrained

pre:
Miren Lerege   						 
HP: 46/61 (THP:0)        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 19
Surges:  5/10 (V: 15)    Fort: 21    Passive Perception: 14

Dire Radiance           [X] Void Assumption                  [ ] Hellsworn Blessing
Warlock's Curse         [X] Pandorym's Cry
                        [X] Ethereal Stride
                        [ ] Worms
                        [ ] Maggot Conduit

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The spiders cry out in unison, and lash out at their preys. The Wraith, seeing Oliver on the brink of death, drives its sword into the fallen wizard. Keelie tries to save him, but while her blow hits, she can't stop the creature's attack.

- Leaping Spider 1 tries to eat Kaiser, but misses. It fails to save against the restrain.
- Leaping Spider 2 nabs at Oliver for 4 damage, and gains +5 to all defenses UEONT.
- Leaping Spider 3 shifts to J20 and attacks the Fire Warrior, but misses.
- The Wraith lashes out at Oliver for 14 damage. Oliver grants CA and takes ongoing 5 necrotic. Keelie attacks with Warden's Fury for 10 damage! It saves against restrained.

pre:

3       J20   58/58    20  17    19   17    21 
Keelie		 23    N14   44/71    23  21    19   21
Tiefling         22    M14   46/100   23  21    24   18    16
Manifestation    22    H20   11/80    21  19    19   21    16
Palivir          21    G20   53/53    21  14    20   18
Oliver           18    O15   -3/50    24  18    22   17
Fire Warrior           I19   03/25    27  21    23   18
Stalt	         14    M15   45/53    25  20    18   19
Giant Spider	 10    H17   67/82    21  20    19   19    21
Miren		  6    ???   46/61    21  21    22   20 

Conditions:
Leaping Spider 1: Restrained (Save ends)
Leaping Spider 2; +5 to all defenses
Summoned Wraith: Marked by Keelie, grants CA
Keelie: +2 to Fort. No forced movement, restrained (save ends)
Tiefling: Cursed, marked by Keelie, bloodied, restrained (save ends), burning aura.
Stalking Spider: Cursed, Restrained (save ends)
Oliver: Dying, Prone, +2 to Will, +2 AC/Ref, restrained (save ends), grants CA and ongoing 5 necro (save ends), marked by Wraith
Stalt: Restrained (save ends)
Miren: [Removed from play]

Resists:

Keelie is up!

White stuff is webs which are difficult terrain.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

The warden slips from the webs with repeated effort, dodging into the center of the melee. She raises her sword into the air, her branches blooming into a canopy of blood-red roses. The roses fall upon her enemies a moment later, cutting them deeply, leaving bleeding wounds. Keelie seems rejuvenated by the falling flowers, glaring at her enemies from over the top of her shield. "Come and get me."

No Action: Save versus Immobilize: 1d20+2 6 Keelie is still immobilized.
Minor Action: Use Keelie's boots of free movement for another saving throw against the immobilize effect. Save versus Immobilize: 1d20+2 16 Save! Keelie is no longer immobilized!
Move Action: Shift to N15.
Standard Action: Wellspring Strike (close burst 2.) Wellspring Strike vs AC: 5#1d20+13 14 30 33 26 26 1d8+6 11 The leaping spider in P14 takes 5 damage. The tiefling takes 14 damage and 5 ongoing damage (save ends.) I hit the spider in M16, the spider in O16, and the wraith in O14 for 11 damage and 5 ongoing damage (save ends). Keelie gains regeneration 5 (when bloodied).
Free Action: Nature's Wrath, mark everything adjacent to me.

pre:
Keelie   						 
HP: 44/71 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 7/10 (V: 17)    For:  23 (21)    Passive Perception: 21

Warden's Fury          [ ] Warden's Sacrifice               [X] Form Of The Willow Sentinel ([X] Attack)
Resilience Of Life     [X] Second Wind                      [ ] Set Determination
                       [X] Heroic Effort

Item Powers
[X] Boots Of Free Movement (Encounter)
[X] Amulet Of Life (Encounter)
[X] Bracers of Respite (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:

• Locked thread