Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

BMS posted:

Well Gabriel seems pretty socially awkward as well, and if he's good enough to be the main character, then you're good enough to be a guest! I'll send you a PM in the next couple of days so we can get the trial video set up if you'd like.

Sounds good to me, though you might have better luck just catching me over AIM or Skype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
I was just a little bit disappointed that with all the numbers that are there, there was no damage number indicator for Gabriel himself. And yes, the enemy healthbars seem to be the only useful display options out of all of these.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Also is it actually worth it to replay stages to farm up experience to fill out your purchased upgrades? How many of them are actually useful?

Some of them are, but good luck figuring out which ones. Thankfully there's a conviniently-placed checkpoint later on that allows you to repeatedly kill off a miniboss for around 1000 exp a kill, and even with that it still takes a good while to max everything out, thanks to the stupid number of upgrades: notice that most normal enemies only give 5-20 exp by default.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:siren:Update!:siren:

FINALLY, Chapter 2 is winding down. These two stages are centered around gaining access to, and defeating the last of the Aghartian Titans. After a quick history lesson from our mute lady friend Claudia, we're off to assemble a Dark Crystal so we can gain access to the inner sanctum of the last remaining Titan! (Why don't we just walk around this area and head straight for the Dark Lord?).

The Stone Idol Titan is combated essentially the same way as the Ice Titan. The difference being is that Ms. Stone here is mobile, quite a bit larger, and has a few more attacks. But hey, nothing a few quick time events can't solve!

Anyway, one more stage after this update, and Chapter 2, the longest Chapter of the game, will be done! And not a moment too soon either, I was starting to worry I'd lose RSCNyx about halfway through this chapter due to sheer boredom. This is seriously the kind of LP that will ruin one's oh so important LP CAREER YO.

Regardless, still saving up that important EXP so we can buy our Jesus Rays, and then watch the gently caress out.

Also, not to toot my own horn, but gently caress, no damage in the fight against the 3 Greater Lycans...not too shabby! :pseudo:

BMS fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 13, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The design of that titan was giving me some major Egyptian vibes. I think it was the hat more than anything though.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
That thing you said about HP was a good point actually; in the 2D games those kind of 'basic' enemies like the goblins and small lycans would take 1 - 3 hits to kill with the starting weapon. Compare that to the like dozen hits it takes to kill one in this game...

Mute girl being able to talk to the Titan does at least make sense; the Gift was the preferred method of communication by the Agharthans and the Agharthans built the Titans so it makes sense that the Gift would be how you communicate with them.

e: The legendary city of Agartha first appeared in the 1800s and is frequently confused or mistaken for Shambhala. supposedly Agartha was located at the centre of the Earth and was a place of great riches; basically an underground El Dorado in the Hollow Earth hypothesis.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 8, 2014

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Loving it as always, though I think my favorite parts were using the crystal to open the doors and listening to RSCNyx completely lose it a few times.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

And with this update, the longest, probably most boring Chapter of the game is out of the way! It's been a long road, we got some Light and Shadow magic powers, rode some creatures and the choked them to death, and met a couple of friends....which we promptly killed no more than 3 stages after meeting them proper. GABRIEL BELMONT ALWAYS GOES SINGLE PLAYER, NEVER CO-OP.

Uhhh, yeah. For now, none of this makes a lick of sense, but at the end of the game, (and I do mean that literally, the LAST loving LEVEL), this poo poo is explained in a way that...somewhat makes sense!

Regardless, the OP has been updated, as well as the artwork for Chapter 2, which as boring as it was to play, a lot of the art for it is pretty damned snazzy.

For the next couple of updates, we're going to be tackling the trials for Chapters 1 & 2 on Paladin difficulty. We've already got a guest lined up for Chp. 1, but 2 is open if anybody wants to get in on that poo poo. (Honestly, it's the most boring/plot cluster gently caress chapter in the game, just keep that in mind, whether that appeals to you, or revolts you...I fall into the latter category.).

Actual progression-wise, next we tackle Chapter 3, and it's amazing....2 whole stages, one of which is solely a boss fight. From one extreme to another. Also, Jesus Rays next update, as well as showing off the Dark Gauntlet OH BOY, EDGE OF YOUR SEAT YO.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, either the darkness has already taken Gabriel, or Pan's a huge dick.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
*Watches Gabriel get the gauntlet*

So.... He can use Data Drain now?

Derek Barona fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 13, 2014

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Wow, going with no explanation until the last moment on why that needed to happen? Good job game. Pan couldn't even say why the gauntlet was needed, if saying nothing about the girl?

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Glazius posted:

Well, either the darkness has already taken Gabriel, or Pan's a huge dick.

Jade Star posted:

Wow, going with no explanation until the last moment on why that needed to happen? Good job game. Pan couldn't even say why the gauntlet was needed, if saying nothing about the girl?

Going with the "Pan's just a dick" option is pretty much a safe bet. Let's just leave it at that for now. How BIG of a dick he actually is, remains to be seen!

Also, considering I had a stomach bug last week, there hasn't been an update in a while, so let's fix that shall we? This update is the Trials video for the stages in Chapter 1. It's nothing really special, unless you're a HUGE Metal Gear fan, and would love nothing more than seeing Gabriel Belmont beat the poo poo out of some werewolves while wearing the Solid Eye, and Snake's Bandana. (It's not that great).

Big thanks to Derek Barona for this one. Without a guest, RSCNyx and I had planned to just say gently caress it, and do the trial videos without commentary. Which reminds me, anybody wanting in on the Chapter 2 Trial video let me know, as that's the next thing on the agenda before we start Chapter 3! Regardless, hope you all are still gleaning some type of enjoyment out of this, despite the slow update schedule! The pace should start to quicken up here relatively shortly though!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Glad to be of help, guys. Lord knows you need it with this game. XD

And yes, offer still stands to stick around if no one else wants to. I'm just a glutton for punishment and maybe an attention whore like that.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
The weird thing is, when I tried that first level on the second time around, the Warg just wouldn't want to jump towards me when I picked up and held up the pole right away and just stood there until I lowered it momentarily. No idea if that's what's supposed to happen when the game's not in tutorial mode or if the more aggressive enemies on Paladin cause him to leap at you right away.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Woah, it's the Shadowhand from Necrovision. And here I thought I was the only fan of that game.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AnotherGamer posted:

The weird thing is, when I tried that first level on the second time around, the Warg just wouldn't want to jump towards me when I picked up and held up the pole right away and just stood there until I lowered it momentarily. No idea if that's what's supposed to happen when the game's not in tutorial mode or if the more aggressive enemies on Paladin cause him to leap at you right away.

That's pretty odd. I've NEVER had the Warg NOT jump towards me while holding the pole, regardless of the difficulty. Now I've screwed up and accidentally let go of the button, putting the pole down and subsequently the warg pounced on me. So I'm guessing it was just some type of glitch that caused it to not jump at you. Actually kind of surprising, as this game is, for the most part, pretty decent as far as not having any noteworthy glitches.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What exactly do you get for those trials? Extra character points or just like a trophy or something?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Just trophies/achievements, nothing else.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Glazius posted:

What exactly do you get for those trials? Extra character points or just like a trophy or something?

Trophies for each chapter. You don't have to complete them on any set difficulty either. So you can play on the easiest difficulty and still get the trophy/achievement. It's a horrible shoehorned gimmick basically.

Also, a bit of an update. The project isn't dead, just between some real world poo poo, and organizing a good schedule for the next update, it's been delayed. Should be out by the end of the week though! As well as the Chapter 3 video....so basically the Jesus Ray is approaching.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I cannot wait to see this Jesus Ray. I just hope it isn't overhyped

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
I've been told the Jesus Ray does some pretty...interesting things. I don't think any of you will be disappointed.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The Jesus Ray is amazing, when I got it later on in the game due to buying other things instead of saving for it I was immediately saddened that I had not just saved up for it and regretted buying literally everything else.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sorry for the long hiatus! I promise that this will be done! It may not be the most popular thing out there, but it's something that I've been wanting to do for a while, and I'll make sure to see it through to completion!

Now down to brass tacks. Chapter 3 is only 2 stages long, one of which is solely a boss fight, as opposed to Chapter 2's monumental 9 stages. Also, in these two stages, we're given more story than Chapter 2 delivered, making me question why it was so loving long to begin with.

As far as the stage itself is concerned, it's a relatively simple area, nice visuals (as always), decent music (Waterfalls of Agharta plays quite a bit), but repetitive enemies, and a rather boring, if not morbid puzzle. Go and kidnap some Fairies that are just hanging out in their homes, stuff them into your custom made coffee mug, and then sacrifice them to unlock a couple of doors. All this after murdering Ms. Mute Lady and her Guardian, just so we could totally STEAL HIS SNAZZY GAUNTLET. Sympathy for Gabriel is pretty much nil right now. (Point of interest, for those keeping up with the lore, will notice that the game devs decided to make a reference in one of the Knight's scrolls, to the "THE CAKE IS A LIE" meme. THIS GAME IS HIP AND EDGY YO. (Seriously, this is even worse the great "Dekuh tree").

We went ahead and bought the Jesus Ray weapon, which all the possible things to do with it are discussed in the video. Long story short, you can glitch bosses, enemies, mounts, QTE's and some forced fight sequences with this thing, all at the literally push of one extra button. ONE BUTTON. As a weapon it's pretty snazzy too!

Anyway, sorry for the long wait. In the process of getting the Dark Lord of the Lycans fight put together, as well as the Trial video for Chapter 2! Should start moving at a much better pace now! Hope all of you that are keeping up with this are enjoying, and any suggestions concerning whatever, especially if you see something wrong with the LP that could be improved, are more than welcome!

Also, while RSCNyx and I are going to go through Mirror of Fate after we're done with this, SA's Evil Eagle is doing an LP of it now. And you should definitely take a look!

Dr.Smasher posted:

I cannot wait to see this Jesus Ray. I just hope it isn't overhyped

Neruz posted:

The Jesus Ray is amazing, when I got it later on in the game due to buying other things instead of saving for it I was immediately saddened that I had not just saved up for it and regretted buying literally everything else.

Seriously. For straight gameplay reasons, the JR is GREAT against undead enemies, (not so much the Lycans, but we're almost through their area anyway!).

For game BREAKING reasons...well let's just say, bosses, stages, QTE segments, mounts, and forced fight sections are about to all get hosed HARD by the the Rays of Jesus. The glitches it causes are literally game breaking. (Most of these are discussed a bit, as well as how easy it is to pull off the glitches in the video.).

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I was wondering when you guys would update, though I figured a break was definitely needed after chapter 2. I am quite enjoying this LP, but then I can see why a lot of people wouldn't just based on the choice of game. I've played a grand total of three games from the series and enjoyed them but was never a major fan, so it's interesting to see how very, um, off tone this is? I don't know, it just doesn't quite have the tone or pacing down of the other games but I can't really feel hurt over it since I had never had any attachment to the series.

Meanwhile, from the view point of my best friend, she just rather abhors Gabriel and every game he's been in for a large variety of reasons she's just been too fond of sharing. Partially the reason is that with three games in a row involving Gabriel, it just seems like it's going to be a future of him.

That said, your guys' commentary style is quite enjoyable though and I'd pitch in commentating on a few episodes if I had a working microphone at the moment. Otherwise, it's quite a bit of fun watching Gabriel just blunder his way around.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Say what you will about the rest of the game, vaporizing werewolves with a single punch looks satisfying as hell.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
As an attack, I don't think I'm really that impressed with the Jesus Rays so far and that's even counting its ability to atomize werewolves like mooks in a Gundam show. That's why I'm looking forward to the gamebreaking to come.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

anilEhilated posted:

Say what you will about the rest of the game, vaporizing werewolves with a single punch looks satisfying as hell.

The Jesus Ray is great like that. It kills enemies so hard the game shatters into thousands of pieces, you guys are going to love some of the stupid poo poo you can pull with the Jesus Ray.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
I never really used the punch moves in combat, I thought they were only for the environmental puzzles and poo poo. Holy crap did I miss out. :stare:

Also looking forward to the next boss fight, it really is a blast. Although honestly it's one of the few boss fights that I could even remember off-hand from this game, aside from the final boss and one other. There were also the SotC ripoff bosses, I guess, but these were memorable for all the worst reasons.

Aside from that, I love how RSCNyx and BMS get increasingly frustrated with the game in a thread that was excplicitly meant to showcase how much of an improvement it was compared to the IGA games. :mmmsmug:

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

anilEhilated posted:

Pizdec posted:

I never really used the punch moves in combat, I thought they were only for the environmental puzzles and poo poo. Holy crap did I miss out. :stare:

Also looking forward to the next boss fight, it really is a blast. Although honestly it's one of the few boss fights that I could even remember off-hand from this game, aside from the final boss and one other. There were also the SotC ripoff bosses, I guess, but these were memorable for all the worst reasons.

Aside from that, I love how RSCNyx and BMS get increasingly frustrated with the game in a thread that was explicitly meant to showcase how much of an improvement it was compared to the IGA games. :mmmsmug:

The Dark Gauntlet is HIGHLY situational, but works wonders when that situation arises! I'll be trying to incorporate it into some of the combat from now on. Although, the REAL use of the Gauntlet, is to perform some rather nifty sequence breaks by adding to jump height and poo poo. This will be used in Chapter 4, to nab an upgrade that we'd normally have to wait until the end of Chapter 8 to get an ability that would let us get it. gently caress that poo poo, WE'RE GOIN' GAUNTLET JUMPIN'. (Seriously though, I'll be showing off some of the MAJOR breaks you can do with this, and it gets really, REALLY crazy just how far you can push, and break this game.)

On that note! :siren:A question for those keeping up with this!:siren: That question is this. I've had the idea cross my mind, that in order to make the trial videos more interesting, to show off some of the more interesting sequence breaks during them, instead of the actual playthrough. Would you prefer that, or just do a cut take during the actual update video showing them off, and then cutting back to the gameplay proper?

And Pizdec, in response to the last sentence in your comment: I STILL like this game, despite it's flaws! But just because I like it, doesn't mean I'm going to try and defend that fact that it's quite lackluster! It's just quirky in a way that I enjoy! Thread objective-wise though, it's not meant to sway you one way or the other from that type of stand point. The reason behind the LoS trilogy, was because Konami decided that the series had stagnated, and needed to try a new direction. Whether it's good or bad is entirely up to you guys! I'm just trying to show it off as best I can so you can make an informed decision. I like it, RSCNyx hates it, and it really seems to be that type of a "polarizing" game. For the most part, doesn't seem to be any middle ground opinions!

Neruz posted:

The Jesus Ray is great like that. It kills enemies so hard the game shatters into thousands of pieces, you guys are going to love some of the stupid poo poo you can pull with the Jesus Ray.

Derek Barona posted:

As an attack, I don't think I'm really that impressed with the Jesus Rays so far and that's even counting its ability to atomize werewolves like mooks in a Gundam show. That's why I'm looking forward to the gamebreaking to come.

It really is crazy the amount of poo poo that thing can break. Just wait until Chapter 5, I'm begging you...haha. As for weapon ability, it's not that great against the Lycans as I said, but against undead enemies, holy poo poo. You might just change your opinion Derek!

Ramos posted:

Meanwhile, from the view point of my best friend, she just rather abhors Gabriel and every game he's been in for a large variety of reasons she's just been too fond of sharing. Partially the reason is that with three games in a row involving Gabriel, it just seems like it's going to be a future of him.

That said, your guys' commentary style is quite enjoyable though and I'd pitch in commentating on a few episodes if I had a working microphone at the moment. Otherwise, it's quite a bit of fun watching Gabriel just blunder his way around.

Gabriel, from what I understand and my interpretation of the plot, especially in LoS 1, was meant to draw sympathy from the player. Dude loses his wife, goes on to try and defeat the "ultimate evil" blah blah blah, in order to bring her back from the dead. Along the way, they make it seem like the pressure gets too him and he snaps, killing the only friend he met that was helping him (Claudia). The problem is....is that the delivery of this, is just absolutely horrid, and the plot delivery is so disjointed it's hard to keep up with. Which even if you can keep up, the way they tell the story, makes little to no sense until literally the LAST STAGE OF THE GAME. Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't seem to be the proper method of plot/character development!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah. The plot doesn't make sense until the endgame, where everything becomes clear and utterly, ridiculously stupid. They got a lot of the things right - the visuals/setting are gorgeous, the enemy and especially boss designs are great (Malphas comes to mind immediately - unoriginal concept with impressive execution) but god drat, it's stupid. So, so stupid.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
For the most part, I'd say save the sequence breaks for when you have to do the levels over in the trials. Unless you think it's something we'd really be best off seeing the first time through, it's probably better to actually follow the game's "path" without going full Metroid Prime on it during the main videos. That, and it makes RSCNyx suffer to have to watch the "right" way to do the levels first.

Also, I meant more that I wasn't impressed with the attack visually. I saw it gently caress up some werewolves pretty hard there.

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
I'll never suffer, as long as I have something to poke fun at.

No, I mean, the game looks great, sounds great, it's just everything else that's kinda meh so far. I mean, I'm not actually playing, merely observing, so take my opinion with a little bit of salt.

(Also I didn't really have an opinion of this latest stage: Punch weapon is neat. Um. That's about it. I feel bad for the fairies.)

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The trial video for Chapter 2! Honestly, I know this isn't a good thing to say, but I was seriously debating whether or not to even update the thread with this BS. These trials are weird. Some are incredibly loving hard (not a challenging type of hard, but a BULLSHIT type), such as the Kill 10 enemies while poisoned one, and then there's others that are so simple that it just makes you wonder, what's the point!

Anyway, BloodReaper (I THINK he's a goon as well), joined us this time. We cover all topics over the 30 minutes of Chapter 2 Trial bullshit, from Lords of Shadow, to Castlevania 64. Thanks Blood, if not for you, RSCNyx and I would NOT have bothered having commentary with this! (Basically, I'm saying you can blame BloodReaper for this update!)

Enjoy!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Really impressive work. It's a shame this LP isn't getting more love- hopefully the later chapters are interesting enough to draw folks back in. Once next month rolls around, I may be available for guest commentary on a trials video, if that would be appealing. I Have Castlevania Opinions.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

BMS posted:

On that note! :siren:A question for those keeping up with this!:siren: That question is this. I've had the idea cross my mind, that in order to make the trial videos more interesting, to show off some of the more interesting sequence breaks during them, instead of the actual playthrough. Would you prefer that, or just do a cut take during the actual update video showing them off, and then cutting back to the gameplay proper?

I don't know whether I'd go with showing them during the trial videos or just some kind of "speed run" set of them. You said it yourself during the last trials update: you sped it up and yet it still was a half hour long video. You could just speed up the fighting or abuse the gently caress out of the Jesus Cross on enemies and break everything, not only the level progression.

Let me know if you want co-comment on them. :v:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Honestly, I don't even care if you do the trials at all, they're so boring. I'd rather that you get on with the plot so that we can enjoy the full silliness of it.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Discendo Vox posted:

Really impressive work. It's a shame this LP isn't getting more love- hopefully the later chapters are interesting enough to draw folks back in. Once next month rolls around, I may be available for guest commentary on a trials video, if that would be appealing. I Have Castlevania Opinions.

It's really hard to love this game in the first place. I'm sure it's fun to play but like DmC it's just looks so painful.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Zain posted:

It's really hard to love this game in the first place. I'm sure it's fun to play but like DmC it's just looks so painful.

For me it's the other way round, for both games: I'd rather see someone who knows what he's doing playing rather than playing them myself. I'm quite enjoying the LP, but I was bored to death when playing the game itself.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Well, that was a quick chapter. One stage, and then a boss fight. Why, oh why, couldn't Chapter 2 be like this? Anyway, the Cornell fight is...actually a change from the norm, in that it's fun for all the right reasons! Not a massive QTE-fest, he's quick & powerful, and actually attacks in a fair way that makes you stay on your toes if you want to win. Definitely far more interesting than say.....a Titan.

Discendo Vox posted:

It's no biggie! It's not exactly seen as a great game, so I don't blame people for not being interested. The following Chapters, are at least more interesting than what we've seen so far. But some of the breaks and poo poo you can pull off really start to hit heavy in Chapter 5!

Edmond Dantes posted:

I don't know whether I'd go with showing them during the trial videos or just some kind of "speed run" set of them. You said it yourself during the last trials update: you sped it up and yet it still was a half hour long video. You could just speed up the fighting or abuse the gently caress out of the Jesus Cross on enemies and break everything, not only the level progression.

Let me know if you want co-comment on them. :v:

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. All of the MAJOR breaks and poo poo, I'll show during the main update, and some of the minor things you can ruin with it, just make a special video. As for the trials, Chapter 2 was by far the longest! The only one that even comes close is Chapter 5 with 7 levels, but I don't remember those challenges being too harsh!

Also, sure, we'll get you both in for a trial video when we get it set up if you like!

Cardiovorax posted:

Honestly, I don't even care if you do the trials at all, they're so boring. I'd rather that you get on with the plot so that we can enjoy the full silliness of it.

The trials are just plain weird man. I am going to stop making them have their own update, and just upload them with an actual update instead, so as to keep the flow going.

Zain posted:

Edmond Dantes posted:

For me it's the other way round, for both games: I'd rather see someone who knows what he's doing playing rather than playing them myself. I'm quite enjoying the LP, but I was bored to death when playing the game itself.

It's fun to play for the most part, if you can numb yourself to the story. I think that is honestly the biggest hurdle to overcome here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

BMS posted:

It's fun to play for the most part, if you can numb yourself to the story. I think that is honestly the biggest hurdle to overcome here.

It wasn't the story, actually; I hadn't gotten far enough in for it to start being really stupid (and I probably would have kept playing just to see how deep the rabbit hole went).

My real issue was with the combat; I wasn't expecting Bayonetta levels of complex a system, but at least a competent God of War clone, but I found it rather hard to get a flow going, as you can't stun or even interrupt most enemies the combat ended up being Attack Attack Dodge, repeat ad nauseam.

I got dark magic but didn't get the punchy weapon so it may open up some more options and make combat more varied, but I'll probably never find out on my own. :v:

• Locked thread