Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Look at this idiot who doesn't want a re-enlistment bonus ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Courthouse posted:

Have there been any real reforms or attempts to beef up stateside base security since last time this happened?

I'm not an Army guy, but as Air Force goes, we'd send that SIP notification as soon as we have approval from the wing commander. That'd just get people locked in their offices and accounting for each other. I don't know if Security Forces has any beefed up procedures since the shootings over the past few years.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 3, 2014

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

We had an airshow this weekend, and a dude in a biplane crashed and died. He's a veteran stunt pilot from the local area. Our poor OG/CC had to give a bunch of interviews on the news. Pretty glad I wasn't working yesterday. Despite being a fairly minor crash, it's been pretty goddamn busy all day.

But then the news played clips of Slav death and my raging erection made me forget about that.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intel5 posted:

Slav Death Erection would make for a sweet username.

I can't wait for Dimitri Dangerfield, would make a sweetass username/av combo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accretionist posted:

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/2014.html

Some of that poo poo's as surprising as the 'Let's talk about idiots' thread

Applicant refuted allegations that she failed to provide proper contract oversight while acting as a contracting officer’s technical representative (COTR), and abused her position by attempting to hire a professional acquaintance as a federal employee, preselecting her for a supervisory position, hiring her at a higher rate of pay than authorized, and improperly assigning her as an executive assistant. Applicant also refuted allegations that she took advantage of an inappropriate personal relationship with her supervisor to gain a reassignment to a location near her home and to engage in excessive official travel. She mitigated instances of abusing her position by exhorting a potential contractor to hire her acquaintance, using government time and equipment to forward her acquaintance’s resume to the potential contractor, using a contractor employee to perform the duties of an executive assistant, and providing non-public information to a potential contractor. Clearance is granted. CASE NO: 11-15051.h1

:staredog:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the air force makes everyone memorize the airman's creed, but its super loving homo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowdens Secret posted:

Iranian-Americans almost 100% are the ones who got thrown out / fled during the Shah's overthrow (that, or they're those guys's kids.) Key tell is if they prefer being called Persian, a lot of them find 'Iranian' to be fairly offensive. They're going to be very ideologically different from the ones that stayed; it's kinda like trying to judge native Cubans from the ones living in Florida.

The 'least religious / most open to Western lifestyle' Muslim country in the MidEast used to be Iraq, but these days your best bet is probably Lebanon

i know an iranian citizen who has the same thing where he gets really offended by being known as one. apparently there's still a large minority of people who just weren't able to peace out of the country back during the revolution or w.e

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cops just get fidgety around minorites, its a natural reflex developed in the line of segway duty

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

I got it mixed up, bulk plutonium only ignites when heated. Powdered plutonium, and Pu2O3 ignite at ambient temps.

Also, no I do not mean their ability to produce heat, powdered plutonium and Pu2O3 will literally burn.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070428220410/http://www.hss.energy.gov/NuclearSafety/techstds/standard/hdbk1081/hbk1081d.html#ZZ281

I'm not a chemistry or nuclear science major but it doesn't seem like the various plutonium oxides are all that amazingly harmful, except for the alpha radiation. Apparently PuO2 is what fuels the modern RTG engines used by NASA.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helldump Immunity. posted:

he's actually holding his senior officers to physical standards? mad respect, baby chonger.

i want to see a naked, greased-up General Welsh try to suplex Admiral Greenert in that goofy courtyard the Pentagon has. perhaps also triathlon competitions between O-9s before you get to take over an O-10 slot.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Genocide Tendency posted:

I don't think its back pay. I think they just kept depositing his check in his account. But I don't know. Anyone from finance in here?

Not that you will admit it because the rest of us will hunt you down and murder you for all the times our pay got hosed up.

i'd probably squeeze the life out of a finance person just for somehow being a more vacuous waste than me

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SumYungGui posted:

Just some political rebels guys. You can't hold Russia responsible for something a random, uncoordinated group of political rebels did. What's that you say? They shot down a plane that was so many miles in altitude it was almost out of range of surface to air anti-air missiles? Just some random, uncoordinated rebels. Probably did it with an AK or something.

How the gently caress does someone say that poo poo with a straight face? Solve the global energy problem by hooking a dynamo to this chuckle-fucks spin machine, as long as it doesn't destabilize the orbit of the entire planet.

i wasnt aware 30k feet was some kind of ~~ insane height ~~ considering specifically russian anti-air missiles were able to shoot down U2s in the 60's.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asehujiko posted:

No, "The" is fine. If you want to enrage my countrymen, call them "Holland" instead.

I kept calling it Holland because we were watching the games on Univision and that's what the browns call it, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought this was a thread for circlejerking about how everyone ever, including ourselves, are really terrible and mismanaged countries who gently caress up everything, not legit garbage debate about :qq: why isn't israel's military being charged with warcrimes :qq: when nobody in the UN or NATO really seems to actually care

• Locked thread