Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm back, FYI!

OK! Very little has been posted since you've been gone. I'll update tomorrow, most likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Despite being here long enough to know what having to say this means, I refuse to let this game wither. I know people have gotten busier, but I will update tomorrow night - hopefully I can get a clarification from Doc, and an update from K Prime and Aloicious by about 24 hours from now. <3 you all.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
This can't end until Sethro and Ebbs are bros for life.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I'll see if I can't bang something out tonight. I'm at work now, on a 12 hour shift after what turned out ot be an 18 hour shift yesterday, sooooooo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

K Prime posted:

I'll see if I can't bang something out tonight. I'm at work now, on a 12 hour shift after what turned out ot be an 18 hour shift yesterday, sooooooo

omfg :(

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Make that 13 going on 15+. AUGH

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

god drat what the gently caress kind of helljob do you work

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

trying to hold together civilization on a hellisland. god read the thread

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Hey Doc, are you cool with me posting after you do your response to how Bean reacts?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Hey Doc, are you cool with me posting after you do your response to how Bean reacts?

Go ahead and post. I didn't have much to respond to from Foo's post. I figured Bean's question was just for Sethro, and doesn't really involve me. Unless I misread something. If I did misread something, please let me know.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DocBubonic posted:

Go ahead and post. I didn't have much to respond to from Foo's post. I figured Bean's question was just for Sethro, and doesn't really involve me. Unless I misread something. If I did misread something, please let me know.

quote:

Ebbs, you can hear the message loud and clear over the Station's equipment, and it's obvious Bean's getting it one way or another. How does she react?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

O.K., I went over things a few times to figure out what I missed. I see that the one time Ebbs name wasn't bolded, I missed it. No big deal, I can fix this. I'm thinking I need to edit my last post, but I'm confused about the "How does she react?" question. Am I supposed to respond with how Bean acts? Or am is Ebbs supposed to react to hearing that.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

is she calm, does she visibly react, does she get upset, that general sort of thing. I'll take off and run with what she does specifically, but I want to know the feel of the room after the message. Does that make sense?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

is she calm, does she visibly react, does she get upset, that general sort of thing. I'll take off and run with what she does specifically, but I want to know the feel of the room after the message. Does that make sense?

I think I got things figured out finally. If not just let me know.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DocBubonic posted:

I think I got things figured out finally. If not just let me know.

Looks good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hey Foo, can you clarify what Jackson-52/Gyger are seeing right now? I was under the impression that we were the only ones at the W&W wall but I guess that's not the case?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pre:
outside
                                                                                          G
                             o  |                                               [TRUCK]
                           o  o |                                        
                          o   o  o  |                               J
=======            ======================================================--===================etc

inside

sniper tower farther in over
                                                                                                                         here or some such
something like this?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Okay, so no Puck, Paris & co. there yet, and Sansa is still behind the wall but heading for our position. Am I reading that right? If so, good, that was my assumption/understanding.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Okay, so no Puck, Paris & co. there yet, and Sansa is still behind the wall but heading for our position. Am I reading that right? If so, good, that was my assumption/understanding.

you're more along the northwest/west side; I assume sansa is heading to where the main entrance is on the map. The entrance you're fighting near isn't really on the map I don't believe

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Cool, so my post makes sense. Thanks!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Cool, so my post makes sense. Thanks!

yeah totally! Good that we're getting this cleared up; I realized the battle area wasn't as clear to everyone else as it was in my head.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Didn't Ebbs get a fun new leg? The new posts seem to say that he's still hobbling on one.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Didn't Ebbs get a fun new leg? The new posts seem to say that he's still hobbling on one.

He decided to gtfo before sethro installed it unless I missed part of the discussion

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

He decided to gtfo before sethro installed it unless I missed part of the discussion

I didn't think he would get a leg right away. If I thought he could get the leg right then and there, he'd stay. I'd like Ebbs to have both his legs for his finale.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DocBubonic posted:

I didn't think he would get a leg right away. If I thought he could get the leg right then and there, he'd stay. I'd like Ebbs to have both his legs for his finale.

up to sethro, but it seems like he'd be willing. Y'all can backtrack and post as need be, and I won't have ebbs show up at the fight until he's ready

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

up to sethro, but it seems like he'd be willing. Y'all can backtrack and post as need be, and I won't have ebbs show up at the fight until he's ready

Yeah, I'd like that. Sethro up for a quick edit or something?

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 23, 2014

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Yeah absolutely, I was imagining one of those ones you just sorta pop the remaining leg into and do up some straps and stuff.

Suppose it would take some work, what with height adjustments and such...

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Yeah absolutely, I was imagining one of those ones you just sorta pop the remaining leg into and do up some straps and stuff.

Suppose it would take some work, what with height adjustments and such...

Sounds good.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Made edits to my last two posts. Ebbs has his fake leg now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just FYI I'll post Monday, it being Christmas weekend and all.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Just FYI I'll post Monday, it being Christmas weekend and all.

Yeah, no rush from anyone

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Going to update tonight - Paris?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Let the record show that The Island began on April 2, 2014, and completed(!!!) on February 5, 2015. Epilogues, final NPC data, and debriefs to come, but I want to thank my players wholeheartedly and thank everyone that submitted a character or contributed an idea that made its way to the thread. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

Thank you so much. It's been a pleasure.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thanks for GMing!

I hope you didn't decide to end it because you couldn't think of what to do with Jackson-52, though. :(

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Thanks for making my first real forum game a great one! It was interesting how separated we were, not the sort of thing that would work in a physical game but it seemed to work out to be pretty rad.

Also Sethro is my favorite character name.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Final NPC info page. 82 still alive, 79 dead.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I do want to wait on my debriefs/notes/etc until after the epilogue, though.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I've honestly been eagerly awaiting Jackson's arrival, as I've put it at 50/50 that they either become friends or Jackson just caps him outright.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Compromise on him shooting you in the leg and then becoming friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's okay, I could've shot you in the leg and then had the bunker medbay give you a new leg!

Probably would've just been friendly, though. Jackson-52 wasn't really the type to shoot people when talking worked.

• Locked thread