Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

People freaked out about okada because he was some random dude that did nothing in TNA then had a lovely match with yoshihashi and topped it all off with a lovely unsure promo. it obviously worked out but it's not like jado & gedo are infallible. AJ is a good and proven worker but if he's the next iwgp champion I'm going to be ripping pissed about it, fresh matchups or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I just want a drunken AJ staggering out demanding to know where the Pokey-mon are, he was promised Pokey-mon.

no!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

The first Road to Invasion Attack card is this morning, correct? Also, should there be separate threads for those or should I put them in in the catch-all Mania Week GDT? Invasion Attack'll get it's own thread, naturally.

theyre tonight and tomorrow night yeah, and do what you want fucker!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

did anyone watch the shows last two nights, and how were they

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Biosys posted:

Dunno if anyone else is watching atm, but holy poo poo, Honma over Ishii with a jumping tombstone.

After he picked up the belt and pointed at it a bunch so prob. Honma vs Ishii at Dontaku as well.

totally forgot about the show, that sounds pretty darn cool

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

gently caress the raisin balls aj styles

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

"sleeeeeeeeezzeeeeeeee."

great

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea maybe they can get Dean Ambrose you know what gently caress njpw

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

masato tatanka posted:

Block A
-Jushin Thuder Liger
-KUSHIDA
-BUSHI
-Mascara Dorada
-Ricochet
-Alex Koslov
-TAKA Michinoku
-Matt Jackson

Block B
-Tiger Mask
-Ryusuke Taguchi
-El Desperado
-Alex Shelly
-Kenny Omega
-Rocky Rometo
-Taichi
-Nick Jackson

gently caress IT ill take it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3GoBFNR8F8

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

masato tatanka posted:

maybe don't book poo poo rear end NWA guys and poo poo rear end Gracies and you'll sell more tickets !!

they really disappointed me

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

A block = kushida and ricochet
B block = taguchi and shelley

but shock of all shocks shelley is injured, making way for 3rd place in b block:

taichi!! hell yea you did it buddy. luckily i was able to land an interview and get his thoughts after hearing the news.

quote:

OOH!
I'M CUMMING!
NAHH! AH! OOOOOOHTH! NHHHH!........OOOOOh! UGH!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Panama Red posted:

The Dragon Gate style just doesn't work well outside of Dragon Gate and really only CIMA has had any success outside of DG. Also, if Western puro fans are anything to go by, I imagine there'd be a lot of complaints about "flippy-doo spot monkeys" mucking up the KING OF PRO WRESTLING SHOOT-STYLE LEGACY from NJPW purists (yes I know this is a dumb opinion to have)

everyone loves tozawa

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Dragon Gate is so different with their politics in regards to other companies. I would love to see them & Uhaa in New Japan but I wouldn't hold my breath for Tozawa. The only interaction DG has had with NJPW has been with the Super Juniors/getting Devitt & Liger to do shows. I guess I'm just super skeptical; it took until BOSJ to have a single DG card in KinPuro when every company & their mom have been in it before.

That's why I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with Ricochet after Kobe World. Dragon Gate renews their contracts then and TMK he's not contracted. I'm just speculating but he's going to be in a good position for negotiating with the 2014 he's been having.

ricochet's gone and turned himself into one of the best wrestlers in the world currently. am extremely interested in his career personally. also a couple years ago or last year michael nakazawa cornered ibushi i think in njpw so i don't think it really means anything

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i've turned the corner on fale recently. he's obviously not a great technical guy but he's where he needs to be, when he needs to be there, and doesn't gently caress anything up, and he does cool stuff and is big. thank you bad luck fale for improving.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

with the GFW announcement i'd like to remind all NJPW fans that one of the very first names linked with GFW was none other than big daddy yum yum himself. the dream is still alive folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i crying

• Locked thread