Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

NickRoweFillea posted:

why are the Gracies in muh Japanese pretendfightings

Probably because Sakuraba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

AJ Styles used to be so loving good, as a man who hasn't really seen him do poo poo consistently since 2007 how is he now?

Is he Christopher Daniels "I've been here too long and don't give a gently caress" good or Samoa Joe "I've been here for too long and don't give a gently caress" bad?

His TNA work is the latter but now that he was back on the indie scene he was real good again but some dumb people blamed him for sloppy Styles Clashes that people hosed up taking

His actual matches are real good, check the MOTY thread for the ones worth watching after he departed TNA

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Thauros posted:

Yeah, he's been great in ROH and I'm sure he'll be out to impress considering that his first match is a main event against the world champ. My only concern is that I have a hard time seeing him matching Devitt as a promo and general character.

From what I understand though he won't be leading Bullet Club though so he won't be like shoehorned into Devitt's position

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

yottsume just posted a translated excerpt from Tanahashi's book

http://yottsumepuroresu.blogspot.jp/2014/05/hiroshi-tanahashi-talks-about-his.html

quote:

In fact, it was earlier for fans overseas to have high opinion of my work than in Japan. I have been chosen the Best Wrestler in the world 2011~2013 (three consecutive years) by a wrestling magazine called Wrestling Observer. As for 2011, WWE star CM Punk and John Cena came second and third in the ranking. I have also been chosen chosen the best wrestler of 2012 & 2013 by a British wrestling magazine called Power Slam.
And my matches with Okada on 4/7/2013 and with Minoru Suzuki on 10/8/2012 have both been chosen the MOTY respectively by Wrestling Observer.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

Ibushi is one of the most misleading wrestlers. He looks like a skinny, flippy guy (Which he is) but he's also strong enough to lift up guys that are probably 100 pounds heavier than him for Last Rider powerbombs, and he can actually "shoot fight" just as good as anyone who isn't KENTA or Shibata. Ibushi's match against Daisuke Sekimoto is still one of my favorite matches of all time.

I'm glad Ibushi's able to glow in New Japan, he definitely worked hard and deserves it.

Yea, I loved the story of that match of "Dear lord, Ibushi just won't die"

And when he did the power bomb in Ishii, I did not expect that. Or him to win an elbow off against Ishii.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wonder who else they're looking at US wise. I'm guessing it's not anyone from ROH or they would've tried them out with Cole and Elgin.

Maybe Brian Cage?

Frankie Kaz, Chris Daniels?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Thauros posted:

Besides maybe Samoa Joe, is there even anyone left in TNA that would be a good fit there? Davey's pissed them off and Eddie's more of a NOAH guy.

Aries?

They could probably get some mileage out of James Storm/Bobbyroo

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Dunbar posted:

I have no issue with them doing this but I really wish that stuff was available somewhere online, even for a fee. It's why I've been buying DVDs of all the good New Japan shows recently. It would be great if they could figure out a way to sell more stuff to their Western audience.

Yea while I appreciate what Yottsume does I do feel like they need a better model/method of shilling to western audiences than "talk to that one guy on twitter"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Dimebags Brain posted:

So when's the next NJPW event that I could see here in the US? This G1 is the first time I've watched a full New Japan event instead of just individual matches, so I'm not familiar with their usual schedule.

• Locked thread