Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If Okada earned a never-ending title reign after a few months in TNA imagine how awesome AJ Styles' title reign will be after 12 years in that shithole

not that I think he's winning, but who cares who the champ is as long as it offers new and exciting matchups at the top of the card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I just want everyone but Goto to win the belt because it frustrates Hulkamatt

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Panama Red posted:

Can someone who watched TNA during Okada's time there speak to any matches he may have had with Styles during his time there and if those matches were any good? If they have history and a proven chemistry that might be some indication as to whether a major feud right out of the gate is possible. Still, I am kind of skeptical they would strap a rocket to Styles that quickly just based on the experience with Lesnar alone. I think Dave was just saying that we're probably going to have to wait for there to be a Nakamura/Okada feud over the belt since they're buddies now.

Okada had only a handful of televised matches and he spent one of them jobbing to The Pope in about a minute and a half. He won the match when Pope was DQ'd for kicking his rear end too bad. He was Samoa Joe's camera man and driver. He was a knockoff of Kato from The Green Hornet because that Seth Rogan movie was out at the time

oatgan fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 31, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

weekly font posted:

I want an AJ/Danshoku Dino match while he's in Japan thanks.

They should bring in AJ for Fantasticamania so he can wrestle Maximo as well

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

They are perfectly fine and the crowd is into everything they do. Their match on the last iPPV was actually rather good. I may be in the minority but I didn't feel that Jax Dane carried it.

You are right it was Rob Conway and Bruce Tharpe's taunts

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He had bad matches with Kurt Angle. All I can say in his favor is that he wasn't the worst wrestler in Aces and Eights. He still looked really bad in gimmick matches that would normally cover up how limited a worker is.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Nice to see NJPW have faith in AJ probably taking the belt...by burying it at the bottom of the card.

AJ Styles is terrible and I will be mad at pretendmanfights if he wins.

actually he's not terrible and is quite talented

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lance Hoyt rules. That's the first person I've seen Jarrett talk to that's actually worth the time

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

why are the Gracies in muh Japanese pretendfightings

because Inoki is booking from the shadows like Vince Russo over in TNA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BlueArmyMan posted:

Not sure if that should be a compliment to Nagata or an insult to Goto.

always an insult to goto

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

New Bullet Club member???

I had no idea Tama Tonga and Camacho are brothers.

I think Tama was adopted into the family

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the gracies are hilarious and a fun 10 minute distraction from the great wrestling

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sigmachiev posted:

I feel like I'm the only one who really dug this match. Thought it had a good story, AJ worked really smooth, good drama near the end and well-timed Bullet Club fuckery. And post match was real good too.

i liked it a lot!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gracies can't leave until they win the Tag League

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Karl Anderson should be a main eventer

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Worst match of the Weekend between NJPW and WWE was Yano/Iizuka vs Suzuki/Shelton with -1/2*

It was pretty bad and Suzuki is WASTED in this go-nowhere feud with Yano.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

This is the least surprising news but it still sucks a whole lot

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Ok so a friend of mine thinks that wrestling is cool and I want to get him a primer on NJPW. What would you, the NJPW general discussion thread, consider the most relevant and awesome matches of the last year or so. I already know I've gotta show him Naito/Ishii.

Also I'm gonna email Yottsume and see if he wants an account

Goto/Shibata and Hooligans/Time Splitters from Dominion 2013

Michael Tarver and Big Daddy Yum Yum vs. TenCozy from New Beginning 2014

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 20, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bullet Club feels pretty bloated as-is unless they just really want someone in Super Juniors under that banner

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bullet Club should have all the belts

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Its still a little early to call Most Outstanding Wrestler, but Ricochet has been crushing it in Dragon Gate, PWG, etc...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what a heel

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the part where she had a boyfriend also violated her contract

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

maybe they can start bringing in talented outsiders instead of the National Wrestling Alliance mooks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yea ok posted:

A block = kushida and ricochet
B block = taguchi and shelley

but shock of all shocks shelley is injured, making way for 3rd place in b block:

taichi!! hell yea you did it buddy. luckily i was able to land an interview and get his thoughts after hearing the news.

pro post

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

With Shelly and Kozlov out the junior tag division is also basically gone

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

i like when he crawls on the ground

I think he spent about half of the tag match Sunday morning doing this

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

In kayfabe, why are the members of Bullet Club all in the group?

because they're dicks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

As I understand it, there's less of a stigma about poaching DG talent. It's only AJPW and NOAH where it's frowned upon to screw them over.

they do a pretty good job of that on their own

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

can New Japan go six months without booking KES vs. TenKozy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I have to watch another Yano/Suzuki match this is bullshit

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

these later start times are way better

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

Anything decent in the first half?

opening 6-man and the honma/togi vs. goto/shibata tags were fun

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rocky romero for champ

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hell of a match, didn't know yujiro had it in him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

was cool to see a ishii match that was really different from his usual match but still really good. actually felt like a WWE main event, back when their heels used to actually cheat. speaking of which yujiro's heel work was great.

My thoughts exactly! Can't wait to watch Bullet Club drop every single ones of those belts

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

Gonna need gifs of Ms. Bullet Club too sweeting

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that back drop he did where ishii landed right on his neck was incredibly gross

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

quote:

3. Toru Yano, Kazushi Sakuraba & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo 

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RIP NJPW, DG, and CMLL

• Locked thread