Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

What's the meaning of the (french pronunciation) "donc" sound Nakamura keeps making in this video?

edit: is it like a konnan boom

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 25, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

He says it almost constantly haha. It's subbed as "don" in the second video though it wasn't subbed in the first, then he pulls a Taguchi's Dodon card so he goes don dodon don, that same pronunciation.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The ROH/NJPW shows are gonna be on Ustream for $15.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sounded like a new ROH channel.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AJ Styles is a really great wrestler and I'm excited to see him in New Japan.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlAA3pIvvis

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nakamura seems pretty firmly babyface considering even Tanahashi was getting booed against him.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nakamura is the elusive "cool babyface"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Push Honma

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how did that ump not get rainmakered??

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Wes Brisco has a lotta upside idk maybe he got better

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AJ rules match is gonna rule

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

epitasis posted:

Push Honma

heck yeah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't get it what about that gif

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Card looks soft because of that loving Gracies match, I think. Main event will be awesome, after that I really just wanna see Ishii vs. Honma. I don't even know who Nakanishi is. Young Bucks match will be good I'm sure. Is Shelley injured again? Fourth best match on the card is gonna be the comedy hardcore stuff between Yano/Iizuka vs. Suzuki-Gun with Taichi running around ringside.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AJ's gonna win the belt :getin:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Heck yeah I ordered the new Okada RAINMAKER towel and a bunch of kinpuro cards from yottsume. That towel is so dope.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

New Bullet Club member???

I had no idea Tama Tonga and Camacho are brothers.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bullet club rules congrats AJ

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Crowd was really hot for that finish, I took them dying afterwards to be genuine disappointment not apathy. Also didn't AJ do one of Devitt's signatures before the Clash? Puts Okada over big to eat that many finishers before losing. I like Yujiro so I was pretty into everything about it. Hope we get to see AJ take on everybody in the company because there are a ton of hot matchups.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah central to the Bullet Club experience is the Young Bucks dressing like Macho Man at a Brian Singer pool party and doing all the nWo trademark taunts

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't like Anderson's stone cold gear he should get a Scott Norton singlet imo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

They have a decentralized hierarchy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's not what he means

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yo I didn't make a video but I did post a bunch of pics of the kinpuro cards I got on my twitter: http://www.twitter.com/epitasis

Now I just need yottsume to translate the online game instructions so I can wreck with my shiny Stan Hansen. :D

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

You're welcome to translate it for me!!! My Mutoh, Shibata, Anderson and Makabe Knee Drop are RRRs. :)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

So I'm using this free CamDictionary app on the iPhone to translate the kinpuro app screenshot by screenshot and it's surprisingly effective. So far I've been able to register an account, at least.

Edit: I went with Nakamura as my starter pokemon.

I think I earned some voltage points.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 20, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

epitasis posted:

So I'm using this free CamDictionary app on the iPhone to translate the kinpuro app screenshot by screenshot and it's surprisingly effective. So far I've been able to register an account, at least.

Edit: I went with Nakamura as my starter pokemon.

I think I earned some voltage points.

Realized I'm a dumbass and the app is just a front-end for the website, though it was still useful for scanning all the QR codes on the cards. I think yottsume said the game plays itself and you're really just assembling a team? I think it works something like team tennis where you have your worst wrestlers match up against your opponent's worst wrestlers and so forth. I have no idea what the moves/boosts do and I thought they were more effective on certain wrestlers but I just pushed the "auto" button and assume it placed everything well.

My "standard" team:

Six-man match - Grade 1 (weakest) wrestlers only

Tag match - Grade 2 wrestlers

Singles match - Grade 3 wrestlers

(I'd like to see Anderson do that move)

Tag match - no idea what the grade thing on top says

Shibata is a 3 and Milano A.T. is a 4 though the Shibata card is RRR so maybe it's higher powered?

Main event singles - again no idea what the requirements are

So I selected practice match and picked an NPC opponent and nothing happened. Then I went back and realized it had already simulated the matches, I think, but I could replay them? And they actually simulate them out with the cards whacking into each other though Google Translating couldn't quite keep up:

The boosts in the corners were activated mid-match. The gold ones are based on like, combinations of cards maybe? Like I'm guessing the computer's team on the left selected three guys that were all G1 Climax winners and IWGP champ. The move boost cards also get activated there. My Stan Hansen/Fale/Makabe team also had "Ties of the New Japan" and "Lars Less Tough Guy"??? I think the NPC team was Kojima, Naito and... somebody I forget. But no boost cards.

Lemme know if this is of any interest to y'all but I'm enjoying fumbling my way through it.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 21, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Some guy in NOAH named Maybach who I also got a card for - I think he might carry a pitchfork to the ring.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Push Honma!!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

This show is at like 3 a.m. eastern right? Ustream just sent me a GOING LIVE email I was confused.

edit: also Styles can get over anywhere so not worried about it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dominion card looks solid since Nakamura has already shown he can get a good match out of Fale. If anything, what's stale for me is the NWA tag title scene with TenCozy and KES.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

too sweet me triplexpac

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

too sweet.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

He's had like three MOTYC with Elgin and Elgin/Okada too though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

We'll see who's truly better when Styles and Yujiro face off against Ishii and Okada at Dominion!! I hope Yujiro goes Full Gaijin and drops gratuitous f-bombs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

At least the Gracies feud appears to be done. I agree that the crowd at Yokohama sounded pretty hot despite the gate. Honestly I think the company is overreacting to that show's performance perhaps because they actually think they booked a good card? The card was poo poo outside of Ishii/Ibushi and the Tana tag - I mean I was interested in the title match despite knowing the finish because I know Styles is an incredible worker but I wouldn't expect Japanese crowds to know that. I guess I'm also not as down on Fale as most of y'all.

Edit: Are Ricochet and Kenny Omega the only outsiders in the BOSJ (I guess TAKA, technically)? I wouldn't have minded getting introduced to some new guys instead of Tiger Mask who appears to be a jobber with a legacy gimmick and Taguchi. Even like Marufuji or something I dunno obviously I'm not expert.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 29, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That doesn't sound very wholesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Replace Makabe with Honma

• Locked thread