Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
NFC East
NFL Coaches have had a year to figure out Chip Kelly's "revolutionary scheme", and they finish in the bottom half of the league in total offense. (Except for the Cowboys, who get swept by them)

Eli Manning misses significant time for the first time in his career, and NY experiences a legitimate QB controversy, because New Yorkers hate everything sports that isn't Mickey Mantle or Bill Parcells, and don't care how many rings Eli has.

Washington announces an official name change by the end of the year. Dan Snyder is booed off the stage when he reveals his "D.C. Minstrel's" logo.

Tony Romo's albatross of a contract swoops down from the rafters of the Death Star and carries off Dez Bryant and Tyron Smith to 'Free-Agency Land' in the middle of their first playoff game in 6 years, costing the Cowboys a heartbreaking loss, running their record to 8 - 9 on the year.

Go Cowboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Ki-jana Carter and Alkali Smith were the answers, man. We wasted Carl Pickens.

Also i was young and optimistic

Things I hate about Carl Pickens. Neil O' Donnell, fake spike, 1998.

Prediction: Broncos win the Super Bowl, Manning immediately retires as he's handed the MVP trophy.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 11, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

blarzgh posted:

NFC East
NFL Coaches have had a year to figure out Chip Kelly's "revolutionary scheme", and they finish in the bottom half of the league in total offense. (Except for the Cowboys, who get swept by them)

Eli Manning misses significant time for the first time in his career, and NY experiences a legitimate QB controversy, because New Yorkers hate everything sports that isn't Mickey Mantle or Bill Parcells, and don't care how many rings Eli has.

Washington announces an official name change by the end of the year. Dan Snyder is booed off the stage when he reveals his "D.C. Minstrel's" logo.

Tony Romo's albatross of a contract swoops down from the rafters of the Death Star and carries off Dez Bryant and Tyron Smith to 'Free-Agency Land' in the middle of their first playoff game in 6 years, costing the Cowboys a heartbreaking loss, running their record to 8 - 9 on the year.

Go Cowboys.

on the other hand, who gives a poo poo about the NFC East

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CBS, NBC, and ESPN.

That's about it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Barudak posted:

In a surprise move Putin will use Russia's considerable oil wealth to produce a team of all-russian football players. Using forbidden soviet science these players will have inhuman strength and agility and will easily crush all american teams. Then the 32 owners will initiate Operation: ALL PRO and combine forces to summon the greatest football team ever assembled. Will it be enough to stop the resurgent soviet menace? Find out this fall.

My God, we're going to have to make a team of players with 99 overalls on Madden.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

blarzgh posted:

NFC East

I guess you're probably joking, but in case you aren't, I'll go with the opposite of all that.

Eli wins comeback player of the year.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 11, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

My God, we're going to have to make a team of players with 99 overalls on Madden.

Someone call the breaking Madden guy.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles will sign Richie Incognito.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles will sign Richie Incognito.

Forgot which thread I clicked on for a second. Man that would not help our rep.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Richie Incognito was born to be a Raider.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Maybe in the 80s

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Longer term prediction but the draft will be held at the Jerry dome within 5 years.

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

Cam throws for more yards and TD's than he did last year and the Panthers have a 1000 yard receiver.

Hopefully it is McNutt because yelling "McNutt scores!!!" Will never get old.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Kalli posted:

Longer term prediction but the draft will be held at the Jerry dome within 5 years.

The Jets will still draft horribly.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Miami Dolphins will win the goddamn AFC East. And then get blown out 50 something to 10 in their first playoff game since TYWOB*.

*The Year Without Brady

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Packers find out that Brett Favre put a curse on the Packers when he left for New York, causing ridiculous amounts of injuries. Aaron Rodgers is sent on a cross-country trip to end the curse, which he eventually does, but not before Green Bay goes 9 - 7, which is still enough to win the NFC North and keep the Bears out of the playoffs again.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TubeStank posted:

The Packers find out that Brett Favre put a curse on the Packers when he left for New York, causing ridiculous amounts of injuries. Aaron Rodgers is sent on a cross-country trip to end the curse, which he eventually does, but not before Green Bay goes 9 - 7, which is still enough to win the NFC North and keep the Bears out of the playoffs again.

Wasn't that last year?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

computer parts posted:

Wasn't that last year?

Pfff, the Packers only won 8 games last year :lol:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

computer parts posted:

Wasn't that last year?

Only won 8 games AND we still had a shitload of injuries.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, that was one prediction from however long ago that definitely came true: The Packers suck without Rodgers.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Prediction: Giovanni Bernard will continue to be really cool and do a bunch of crazy bullshit plays.

I am so pumped to see more Bernard.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It
Jerry Jones gets a few facial sores and it suddenly clicks with everybody where the demon that possessed and consumed Al Davis has taken up residence.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If a QB is taken at #1, he won't be a starting QB in the league after 2 seasons.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Silly Burrito posted:

The Jets will still draft horribly.

But the chorus of boos will get lost in that stadium.

Prediction: The Patriots make a move to take one of this year's top quarterback prospects and then try to trade Tom Brady.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
The Cowboys will not finish 8-8.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Scruffy the janitor posted:

The Cowboys will not finish 8-8.

Instead, one of their games will be a tie.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

computer parts posted:

Instead, one of their games will be a tie.

7-7-2.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Knowing the NFC East they're final Record will be 7-7-2 first round exit in playoffs.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Barudak posted:

Knowing the NFC East they're final Record will be 7-7-2 first round exit in playoffs.

Eli's got all the garbage QB'ing out of him after last year, this year will be another Super Bowl run. He'll beat Tom Brady again and Brady will retire in shame alongside Belichick for being unable to figure out how to beat Eli Manning, Patriot Slayer.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Eli's got all the garbage QB'ing out of him after last year, this year will be another Super Bowl run. He'll beat Tom Brady again and Brady will retire in shame alongside Belichick for being unable to figure out how to beat Eli Manning, Patriot Slayer.

It takes him three seasons to get all the garbage QB'ing out, then you get a Super Bowl against Tom Brady. So he's due this year.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 4, 2014

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

It takes him three seasons to get all the garbage QB'ing out, then you get a Super Bowl against Tom Brady. So he's due this year.

Nah, 2015. It happens during the seasons where the Giants play the AFC:E, so they can have a wacky close game in the regular season, then the rematch in the Super Bowl.

I just want a Giants-Ravens Super Bowl. Flacco vs. Eli in the Doofy Bowl.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
So because i'm bored and love me some foolsball I decided to go through and look at the entire schedule and just pick a winner for each game. These were solely gut reaction picks to the matchup, very rarely looked at anything beyond the match up and who the teams had played the week prior (though didn't pause to consider short weeks [aside from TNF] or bye weeks). I did this in about 15 minutes, including typing every matchup as I went, so it's got some wonderful results:

RECORDS

AFC NORTH

CIN - 7 - 9
CLE - 10 - 6 :wtc:
PIT - 7 - 9
BAL - 8-8

AFC WEST

DEN - 10-6
KC - 10-6
OAK - 4-12
SD - 10-6

AFC SOUTH

HOU - 6-10
IND - 7-9
JAX - 2-14
TEN - 8-8

AFC EAST

BUF - 3-13
MIA - 9-7
NE - 10-6
NYJ - 5-11

NFC NORTH

CHI - 12-4
DET - 5-11
GB - 8-8
MIN - 4-12

NFC WEST

ARI - 8-8
SEA - 8-8
SF - 10-6
STL - 10-6

NFC SOUTH

ATL - 7-9
CAR - 12-4
NO - 13-3
TB - 5-11

NFC EAST

DAL - 7-9
NYG - 6-10
PHI - 12-4
WAS - 10-6

PLAYOFFS

AFC

1. DEN
2. CLE
3. NE
4. TEN
5. KC
6. SD

DIV

NE @ CLE - NE
KC @ DEN - DEN

cc

NE @ DEN - DEN

NFC

1. NO
2. CHI
3. PHI
4. SF
5. CAR
6. WAS

DIV

SF @ NO - SF
PHI @ CHI - CHI

CC

SF @ CHI - CHI

SB

DEN v CHI - CHI

A few thoughts:

1. I could absolutely see the Bengals having a down year, but that might just be homer pessimism. I have no idea who's supposed to actually be scoring the ball in CLE, but I think the combination of 4th place schedule, and some glaring weaknesses in the rest of the division, could put them near .500. But 10-6 to win the division? I'd be very surprised.

2. The AFC West sending 3 teams to the playoffs again doesn't sound far-fetched to me, thought doubtful all at 10-6, being able to beat up on Oakland helps a lot.

3. There's no loving way the Titans win the AFC south, and they certainly don't do so at 8-8. I have no idea how that happened, other than to say that the division as a whole sucks and I'm not very high on the Colts, even if they are the best of that awful division.

4. I think the NFC North does underperform as a whole this year, and I actually do think the Bears are the best team in the division. Why do I think that? maybe because I'm a god drat fool.

5. The NFC West beating the hell out of each other to th tune of a bunch of bloody stumps limping towards the playoffs sounds about accurate, and while I doubt the Seahawks only manage 8-8, I wouldn't be surprised if the division only sends one team to the playoffs, as a 3 or 4 seed.

6. I don't know who (other than Cam) on the Panthers offense will be worth a drat, but I think their D is still solid enough that they can repeat a very impressive performance.

7. The playoffs are a total crapshoot, but I put a bit more thought in to them than the regular season picks.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Detroit will finish 3rd in the division or I will lick my own poo poo.:toxx: Eat poo poo Detroit.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Guru Yaekob posted:

Detroit will finish 3rd in the division or I will lick my own poo poo.:toxx: Eat poo poo Detroit.

Quoted. Can't wait to see you lick your own poo poo when they finish 4th.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KettleWL posted:

KC @ DEN - DEN

This would be a goddamned nightmare, so obviously it will probably happen.

Guru Yaekob posted:

Not with the shitlicking again, lick something less disgusting but still disgusting.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Lick a subway rail or a Subway sneeze guard or a Safeway register or a safe-deposit box i don't know it's your choice. no one wants to watch you lick poo poo though, its unoriginal and gross

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
AFC East

Patriots 13-3
Jets 9-7*
Dolphins 5-11
Bills 3-13

AFC North

Bengals 11-5
Steelers 8-8
Ravens 7-9
Browns 7-9

AFC South

Colts 11-5
Texans 7-9
Titans 5-11
Jaguars 2-14

AFC West

Broncos 15-1
Chargers 8-8*
Chiefs 5-11
Raiders 4-12

NFC East

Eagles 10-6
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 6-10
Giants 5-11

NFC North

Packers 11-5
Bears 11-5*
Vikings 9-7
Lions 4-12

NFC South

Panthers 13-3
Falcons 9-7
Bucs 6-10
Saints 6-10

NFC West

Seahawks 12-4
Cardinals 11-5*
49ers 8-8
Rams 7-9

AFC:

1. Denver
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. Cincinnati
5. New York
6. San Diego

(6)San Diego over (3)Indianapolis
(5)New York over (4)Cincinnati

(1)Denver over (6)San Diego
(5)New York over (2)New England

(1)Denver over (5)New York

NFC:

1. Carolina
2. Seattle
3. Green Bay
4. Philadelphia
5. Chicago
6. Arizona

(3)Green Bay over (6)Arizona
(5)Chicago over (4)Philadelphia

(1)Carolina over (5)Chicago
(3)Green Bay over (2)Seattle

(1)Carolina over (3)Green Bay

Carolina over Denver

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

AFC East

Patriots 13-3
Jets 9-7*
Dolphins 5-11
Bills 3-13

AFC North

Bengals 11-5
Steelers 8-8
Ravens 7-9
Browns 7-9

AFC South

Colts 11-5
Texans 7-9
Titans 5-11
Jaguars 2-14

AFC West

Broncos 15-1
Chargers 8-8*
Chiefs 5-11
Raiders 4-12

NFC East

Eagles 10-6
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 6-10
Giants 5-11

NFC North

Packers 11-5
Bears 11-5*
Vikings 9-7
Lions 4-12

NFC South

Panthers 13-3
Falcons 9-7
Bucs 6-10
Saints 6-10

NFC West

Seahawks 12-4
Cardinals 11-5*
49ers 8-8
Rams 7-9

AFC:

1. Denver
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. Cincinnati
5. New York
6. San Diego

(6)San Diego over (3)Indianapolis
(5)New York over (4)Cincinnati

(1)Denver over (6)San Diego
(5)New York over (2)New England

(1)Denver over (5)New York

NFC:

1. Carolina
2. Seattle
3. Green Bay
4. Philadelphia
5. Chicago
6. Arizona

(3)Green Bay over (6)Arizona
(5)Chicago over (4)Philadelphia

(1)Carolina over (5)Chicago
(3)Green Bay over (2)Seattle

(1)Carolina over (3)Green Bay

Carolina over Denver

I think kc takes a few more than 5. I hope.

How do you have us regressing that hard and the Panthers getting better?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think kc takes a few more than 5. I hope.

How do you have us regressing that hard and the Panthers getting better?

Carolina has a fantastic defense and Cam Newton, I think they'll be fine.

KC won a lot of bullshit games last year against a powderpuff schedule and beat all of one playoff team, which was the Michael Vick Eagles, and lost three fifths of their offensive line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
code:
WK	DATE	         OPPONENT
1	Sun, Sep 8	 @ Jaguars	
2	Sun, Sep 15	 Cowboys	
3	Thu, Sep 19	 @ Eagles	
4	Sun, Sep 29	 Giants	
5	Sun, Oct 6	 @ Titans