Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

jryan42988 posted:

AFC East
NYJ 12-4

:laffo:

The loving Jets?

You realize they have ONE WR and their secondary now consists of a converted safety and the lucky fan in Row D, seat 212, right?

e: Also, they're playing the NFC loving North, which means Rodgers, Megatron, and Marshall/Jeffery. I guess they're going 10-1 in the rest of that schedule? I somehow doubt it.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like Kalli's predictions

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Fenrir posted:

:laffo:

The loving Jets?

You realize they have ONE WR and their secondary now consists of a converted safety and the lucky fan in Row D, seat 212, right?

e: Also, they're playing the NFC loving North, which means Rodgers, Megatron, and Marshall/Jeffery. I guess they're going 10-1 in the rest of that schedule? I somehow doubt it.

Milliner will probably only miss week 1 and the Matt Schaub Raiders. Calvin Pryor has been dominant so far. The Allen CB experiment was probably just seeing what he could do, and he surprisingly didn't do too bad for a guy that had never played corner, relatively. He'll most likely start at safety along pryor. Assuming Patterson is gone, Walls will probably fill the #2 spot as he has shown lots of promise in his limited starts. I think most of this preseason there has been a lot of experimentation in the secondary to see what people can do, even with the starters, which is probably why there has been a revolving door. Yeah the injuries suck and of course there is some reason to be concerned but I think you and most people are exaggerating the secondary woes. I don't think it'll be worse than last years, considering just how awful Cro was and how Milliner was until December. With the addition of Pryor and more experience for Allen and Milliner I think things will be OK.

Phyein fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 30, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I like how Fenrir is super serious about the TFF prediction thread. That was funny.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

zimbomonkey posted:

I legit want the Browns to have the nos. 1 and 2 picks.
They would make out like bandits in a Washington/St. Louis manner.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Atticus Finch posted:

They would make out like bandits in a Washington/St. Louis manner.

This is the Browns, they would draft two QBs and hope for the best.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Guru Yaekob posted:

Detroit will finish 3rd in the division or I will lick my own poo poo.:toxx: Eat poo poo Detroit.

Lick an ATM pin pad.

Philadelphia Eagles

Jaguars W- Jags will be better than expected, but they won't hit a groove until November.
@Colts W- Toss Up, but I am betting on Philly still being healthy by week 2 and outgunning Indy.
Redskins L- Desean Jackson hatefucks us.
@49ers L- Niners win it close.
Rams W- No Bradford, no problem.
Giants W- Giants will be a bottom of the conference team.

@Cardinals L- Philly comes out of the bye prepared but loses close to a hot Arizona team.
Texans W- Houston will regret forgetting to buy a quarterback at the draft.
Panthers L- Cam Newton owns and beats us.
@Packers L- Packers win their division and we lose this game.
Titans W- Lol.
@Cowboys L- I marked this as a loss only because I expect us to give up division games due to injuries/dumb mistakes. Philly should win both games.
Seahawks W- Seattle gets knocked around all season and is in the playoff hunt, but lose in Philly.
Cowboys W- Dallas isn't very good.
@Redskins W- Philly needs to win their last two games to stay playoff viable and do.
@Giants W- See above.

10-6

NFC In no particular order
Philly
Arizona
San Francisco
Atlanta
Green Bay
Chicago

AFC In no particular order
New England
Indianapolis
Cincinnati
Denver
San Diego
Kansas City

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

It would be kinda hilarious if the 9ers and Cards beat on the Seahawks so bad they missed the playoffs.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Terrible predictions below.

AFC East
Pats
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

AFC North
Bengals
Steelers
Ravens
Browns

AFC South
Texans
Colts*
Jags
Titans

AFC West
Chargers
Broncos*
Raiders
Chiefs

NFC East
Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Washington

NFC North
Lions
Bears*
Packers*
Vikings

NFC South
Saints
Bucs
Falcons
Panthers

NFC West
Seahawks
Rams
49ers
Cards

Wildcard:

Broncos over Texans
Chargers over Colts
Saints over Bears
Packers over Lions

Divisonal:

Pats over Chargers
Broncos over Bengals
Seahawks over Packers
Saints over Eagles

Conference:
Broncos over Pats
Saints over Seahawks

Superbowl:
Saints over Broncos

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud posted:

The Miami Dolphins will go 7-9 or 8-8 and I will spend too much time trying to convince everyone that we were THIS close to being a playoff team.

NAILED IT.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Fenrir posted:

You know what, gently caress it, let's go.

:toxx: If I had more money I'd put more up for this but I'm pretty poor so yeah - $1 for each game I get wrong goes to the charity of choice for the first person who calls me out on this poo poo after the season ends. If the Packers win the Super Bowl I'll double it, I'll find a way even if I have to sell something.

W1: @Seahawks - W, The Seahawks don't scare me with these new rules, they can't mug everyone anymore
W2: Jets - W, lol
W3: @Lions - L, gently caress the Lions scare me. They are the most dangerous team in this division other than us now
W4: @Bears - L, and seriously gently caress the Bears I hope I'm wrong on this one
W5: Vikings - W, lol
W6: @Dolphins - W, I still don't believe the Dolphins are very good
W7: Panthers - W, they are gonna regress from last year
W8: @Saints - L, I just hope they don't beat us by 30

W10: Bears - W, I don't think they can win in Lambeau
W11: Eagles - W, Not in Lambeau, probably not even in Philly
W12: @Vikings - W, It's still the Vikings.
W13: Patriots - W, REVENGE FOR 2010, Hopefully this time Rodgers is on the field
W14: Falcons - W, haha seriously
W15: @Bills - W, it's the Bills
W16: @Bucs - L, because it's Lovie loving Smith and this totally looks like a trap game
W17: Lions - W, gently caress you, you're not sweeping us

12-4 if Rodgers doesn't die. 11-5 if something goes wrong. 7-9 or some other bullshit if something horrible happens. Go Pack Go.

drat, I was close. Got the record right, just missed a few (Losses @Seahawks, & @Bills instead of @Bears and @Bucs)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

axeil posted:

I predict that the Raiders and Cowboys are going to be bad.

After the draft is done and camp starts I'll probably be willing to make a more specific prediction. March is way too early.

Hahaha I'm a loving moron.

Well I guess the Raiders sucked.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I got 5/6 of the AFC Playoffs right and had the Pats at 12-4, so I'll take it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kalli posted:

I got 5/6 of the AFC Playoffs right and had the Pats at 12-4, so I'll take it.

Guessing what teams make the AFC playoffs is like predicting that the Browns will suck. Yeah, it might change between the Bengals and the Chargers and whoever - the Browns might luck into 8-8 or 10-6 - but half the work is already done for you.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

momtartin posted:

The Browns will manage to go an entire 365 days, from the day of the 2014 draft, without doing something stupid/embarrassing.

This is hilarious.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chichevache posted:

My prediction? That the 2014 MVP will be a quarterback.

:argh:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Tremendous Taste posted:

Bills weren't that bad a team last year and they mortgaged the future stupidly to get considerably better in the short term. lol bills and all but they had a pretty strong defense last year even before Byrd returned and were held back by their offense. Ideally Watkins and the new o-line additions make them an average offense while the addition of Brandon Spikes makes a good defense better

No offense to the raiders but a Matt Schaub led team in 2014 doesn't frighten me much

I can't possibly be more smug that I am right now

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Guru Yaekob posted:

Detroit will finish 3rd in the division or I will lick my own poo poo.:toxx: Eat poo poo Detroit.

So are we enforcing this one or is it too gross/too much of a retread?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Atticus Finch posted:

The Bengals have never beaten Peyton Manning.
Never been happier about being wrong. :)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ramadu posted:

Cardinals are going to win the NFC West. :getin:

son of a bitch. So close :(

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

wheez the roux posted:

Seahawks 19-0 Super Bowl Champs :getin:

for real though I feel really good about this season since everyone is healthy and our only major losses were Tate and Clemons

Packers - W? - this will be a close one because Matthews is going to be living in our backfield – toss-up, leaning Hawks with my obvious homer bias
@ Chargers - 50/50 tossup - I have a really hard time trying to picture how this game will go. sometimes Rivers just lights it up out of nowhere, it could be a blowout win or a nailbiter loss
Broncos - W - gently caress the Broncos
BYE
@ Washington - W - i haven't seen much of them this preseason but it sounded like they're still bad and possibly even worse
Cowboys - W unless they suddenly materialize a D
@ Rams - W with Bradford out (which super sucks for you guys) this shouldn't be difficult
@ Panthers W - hard for me to judge; I want to say that's an easy win for us because of their receiving corps but Cam owns so who the hell knows
Raiders - W - I can't say anything you guys don't already know
Giants - W - our entire D has had Eli's number dialed up for the past couple years, so playing as at home should be :lol:-worthy
@ Chiefs - W - Starting Quarterback Alex Smith is better than PB gives him credit for
Cardinals - W - I'd like the Cards to see some success because of :swoon: Deone Bucannon :swoon: but I think we've got this home game
@ Niners - L? - i'd bet we'll drop one of our games against the Niners, and it'll probably be on the road. tossup
@ Eagles - W - probable win, but a frighteningly close one
Niners - W - if we split the series we'll get the W at home
@ Cardinals - W? - if we lose to the Cards it'll happen in Phoenix toss-up
Rams - W - rip sam bradford's ligaments

best case: 16-0
worst case: 10-6

my super homer projection: 14-2

for real though only a few games on this schedule worry me.

gently caress the broncos

not terrible. almost called the Chargers loss, Cowboys did materialize a D which killed us. didn't see the Chiefs loss at all and @Rams was our only divisional loss instead of @Niners that i expected. great season yall

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Prozach posted:

So are we enforcing this one or is it too gross/too much of a retread?

gently caress that, the guy talked mad poo poo last year so i demand justice and wanna see tongue on poo poo

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Guru Yaekob posted:

LIONS FINISHED SECOND

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Blitz7x posted:

I can't possibly be more smug that I am right now

well it wasn't matt schaub :colbert:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Bills 2014

@Bears - Loss
Dolphins - Win
Chargers - Loss

@Texans - Win
@Lions - Loss
Patriots - Loss
Vikings - Win
@Jets - Win

Chiefs - Win
@Dolphins - Loss
Jets - Loss
Browns - Win
@Broncos - Loss

Packers - Loss
@Raiders - Win
@Patriots - Third Stringers Win

8-8 :shrug:

close I guess

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Fenrir posted:

No QB will throw 50 TDs this season. Peyton's new record will be quite safe. For now.

Welp :smug:

poo poo, did anyone even hit 40?

e: Oh, Luck got exactly 40. No one else did.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin

swickles posted:

This is hilarious.

Yea that was a pretty stupid prediction looking back on it

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Parmesan Basil posted:

Chiefs should also sweep the Raiders, regardless of how well Clowney does.

This is the prediction I'm maddest about.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Fenrir posted:

drat, I was close. Got the record right, just missed a few (Losses @Seahawks, & @Bills instead of @Bears and @Bucs)

Yeah, your retarded rational behind how the NFC would play out yielded an impressive 12-4, against all odds. Impressive stuff.

rest his guts fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 31, 2014

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Febreeze posted:

Clowney sucks - :smug:
New Orleans wins the superbowl :supaburn:
Kaep gets hurt :supaburn:
David Wilson is dead :smug:
The texans stay at the bottom :supaburn:
Seattle implodes and Russell has a poo poo year :supaburn:
AP hits the wall - Well, he hit something else instead
Vick sucks - :smug:
RG3 doesn't look much better than last year :smug:
Sean Lee plays all 16 games - lol :supaburn:
Bortles is the best rookie QB :supaburn:
A well known TFF poster gets banned after going bonkers in a GDT - I dunno, did I miss any drama?
Panthers have the #1 defense and the #32 offense :supaburn:
CARDINALS WIN THE WEST :supaburn: SO CLOSE DAMNIT RYAN LINDLEY

Division Winners:
Philly - :supaburn:
Packers - :smug:
Saints - :supaburn:
Cards - :supaburn:
Pats - :smug:
Steelers :smug:
Colts :smug:
Mannings :smug: :supaburn:

The best part about these predictions was Intruder calling the Sean Lee one bullshit immediately and like a week later he was out for the season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Clowney didn't really suck, he was injured by the poo poo field in Houston and holy poo poo they're denying it has anything to do with the field and have no plans to change it :cry:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Intruder posted:

Clowney didn't really suck, he was injured by the poo poo field in Houston and holy poo poo they're denying it has anything to do with the field and have no plans to change it :cry:

I thought this only happened with star draft picks in Washington.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Stupid lovely field dissolving his cartilage and giving him a 70 year olds knee. :argh:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

If you don't think the field is bad ask Demeco Ryans about it as well. It has eaten several dudes' seasons at this point, maybe more than Fedex

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

Unfortunately the Texans aren't totally in charge of their own stadium as the Livestock Show and Rodeo apparently has a big say in what goes on with NRG stadium. But yeah, that field is lovely as gently caress and their pallet system is loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Johnny football doesn't finish the season healthy

I'm enjoying this one the most.

• Locked thread