Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Advanced. A week with many user games approaches!

User Games:
UNC vs USCe
Wake Forest vs FSU #Top25Match
NCSU vs VT #TopTenMatch

When you wanna go Dio? At this point maybe Friday early evening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Piper. Thursday or Friday are open.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Probably Friday evening or over the weekend, Z

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

der juicen posted:

Piper. Thursday or Friday are open.

Lets try for tonight. I'm open from 7:30 to 10:30PM EST.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Wanted to try posting a video for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNDbkExd1to

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

The Piper posted:

Lets try for tonight. I'm open from 7:30 to 10:30PM EST.

That's pretty much my work schedule. Friday after 9CST would probably work the best for me.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

der juicen posted:

That's pretty much my work schedule. Friday after 9CST would probably work the best for me.

OK I should be available tomorrow night.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Makev i think I'm free most evenings, I prefer earlier evenings but name a date and time.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Fyi Dio, I won't be free most of Saturday but we can prb play Sunday looking at your open times in the other threads. Get ready to throw lots of INTs to my secondary :smug:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

The Piper posted:

OK I should be available tomorrow night.

Actually, instead of 9 I meant 10CST. Hannibal comes on at 9. :ohdear:

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Killed my sensei in a duel and I'll never say why.

Slywalker13 posted:

Makev i think I'm free most evenings, I prefer earlier evenings but name a date and time.

How about Sunday evening? I think I'm going to be busy tonight and tomorrow, Sunday later should be doable though.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

der juicen posted:

Actually, instead of 9 I meant 10CST. Hannibal comes on at 9. :ohdear:

Ready to play?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

The Nole Train rolls on 30-7. DJ put together a beautiful opening drive for a TD but everything after that was tough sledding.

Next user game: the de-facto ACC Atlantic title game against Dio's Wolfpack

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio when can you go tomorrow?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm free pretty much all day. Might take the dogs on a walk or something but that's about it

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I'm free pretty much all day. Might take the dogs on a walk or something but that's about it

2:30 CT work for you?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That should be fine!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

That should be fine!

Sorry man, maybe like 3:30 or 4 CT? I always forget that stores don't open till noon on Sunday. TEJASSSSS LIFE.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That should be fine

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

That should be fine

Awesome see you then, if I'm out I'll post when I'll get back so you won't be sitting waiting. Yet another rousing Hokies/Wolfpack Matchup, it's like we are interdivision rivals!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I always forget that liquor stores don't open till noon on Sunday. TEJASSSSS LIFE.

Took care of that for ya. Honestly it's really stupid and inconvenient. Most registers for different stores/retailers are programmed to prevent purchases right until the very minute.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I hope I have a better showing against the Hokies today, but its never very close. I won one and lost one against AF yesterday so who knows which Wolfpack shows up

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Makev I may be able to go tonight but I'm unsure when, I'll let you know as the day develops.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm back around Dio so post up and I'll hop on.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I was laying down and didn't see your message. I'll be on in 5-10

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Makev, no go for today, let's aim for tomorrow evening

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

VT basically manhandled NCSU 48-14 with NCSU not scoring until the end of the 3rd down 34-0 at that point. Rough outing, INTs, dropped passes for the Wolfpack. Hokies really did just about everything they wanted on the ground, and Edmunds broke the single game rushing record. So he's basically going to own every VT record even though the record book is dumb and doesn't seem to keep them for realsies.

We will advance after Sly and MAkev play their game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Edmunds broke the single game rushing record.

Duke tha God has a new short term goal :getin:

E: drat Dio, you throw picks like I take sacks...take a few more sacks per season.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Duke tha God has a new short term goal :getin:

E: drat Dio, you throw picks like I take sacks...take a few more sacks per season.

Talking about the VT record book, don't know about the NCAA one prb not that one.

Edmunds won't be winning any awards beast though he is, too many good players to get touches.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I had 7 dropped passes, the INTs were a result of me trying desperately to get on the board. Our first game was like 14-14 going into half-time, but 4 hours later I couldn't manage any offense whatsoever. The game was severely disappointing and it really felt like at the end of the first you were trying hard to run up the score even though my team was pretty lifeless on the field.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I had 7 dropped passes, the INTs were a result of me trying desperately to get on the board. Our first game was like 14-14 going into half-time, but 4 hours later I couldn't manage any offense whatsoever. The game was severely disappointing and it really felt like at the end of the first you were trying hard to run up the score even though my team was pretty lifeless on the field.

It's probably because of me. There are times when he falls asleep and I come storming back late in the game. Still, the first is the first and it's pretty hard to gauge running up the score at that point.

How has your recruiting gone with NCSU?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I meant end of the first half. It was 24-0 with under a minute left and Z was aggressively passing the ball on me and preserving the clock trying to score.

My recruiting has gone pretty well. My current QB should be a starter for this year plus 2 more and he's dynamic enough to do what I need. I'm set at most offensive positions, but I'm still searching for that game changing WR. The talent differential for my O vs the VT Defense isn't as bad as it has been in past iterations where my OVR or even O rating has dipped into the high 80s. My D is the big problem right now and I've been aggressively trying to improve them through recruiting. I don't have the speed to keep up with Z's players and maybe it is poor awareness or my poor playing, but sometimes they just get run straight past. At this point, I depressingly accept that I will likely never beat VT so all I can do is go out there and try to keep it interesting.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It definitely is possible but it'll take at least 3 seasons. During the 2 seasons I had NCSU I always gave he and Kancho hell but would fall just short.

You'll def want to pour points into the recruiting tree and gain more pipelines. I think we've thoroughly discussed recruiting several times so I won't bother to go there again, but at this point you should be able to find a few gems at any position.

Also, you should try more types of option running. You're not going to beat VT by outscoring, so use the clock. I wouldn't go as far as to play keep away, but just take your time with setting up plays before the snap. Nothing frustrates a powerhouse team more than mounting a long drive. For me it makes me feel like I should be dominating and I would go into an unnecessary hurry up mode (not quite no huddle) once I got the ball back.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Wasn't really trying to run up the score, but yeah in the first half I don't see the point of pulling any punches. I basically ran 90% of the 2nd half, but your D just kinda let you down wiffing on tackles and missing my guys straight up. I think your team is better than this performance, our first one was off to a good start. Sadly also what JB said, I just don't see the point in changing my strategy before the second half. I only attempted 11 passes, so while at the end of the half I could have ridden it into half time, but I wouldn't do that with a closer game either. Sorry if I bugged ya with it, only ended up with a FG anyway.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

AfterFather posted:

Ok I am done. I cannot load up any dynasties without this drat game locking up. I either get Commissioner has Changed Settings or the game locking up when loading the tuner update/loading the dynasty. I cannot take this anymore.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I have recruiting pretty much maxed out at this point and spend a lot of effort on it. I'll keep at it.

Mostly, I was so bothered by you trying to score again so quickly because of how inept my team was and how obvious the ineptness seemed to me. I thought you were just trying to take advantage of what was a "ripe" situation. After the way our first game started, it was infuriating to not be able to move the ball

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I have recruiting pretty much maxed out at this point and spend a lot of effort on it. I'll keep at it.

Mostly, I was so bothered by you trying to score again so quickly because of how inept my team was and how obvious the ineptness seemed to me. I thought you were just trying to take advantage of what was a "ripe" situation. After the way our first game started, it was infuriating to not be able to move the ball

Unfortunately ineptness comes in streaks, I've dominated the first quarter and a half of a game then have it fall apart. I never take for granted that a slow start will remain that way. Unfortunately with the coaching points in this year's iteration I have good incentive to get myself into a position to score points. The faster you accumulate them the sooner you can unlock tree bonuses so that's another part of my motivation. I know the deflated and defeated feeling of watching your team flounder, but I guess don't take it personally if any of us play our natural style/strategy for at least the first half. My pass stats are going to be hilarious ugly this season it would appear though, didn't give up points, but yards I did allow them.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Makev, how about either 5PM or 8PM central tonight?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
How about tonight, Tuesday at 5 or 8 PM central?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Slywalker13 posted:

How about tonight, Tuesday at 5 or 8 PM central?

Maybe 8, it just depends on if I get off of work on time.

• Locked thread