Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

der juicen posted:

UVA WANT to try this Friday might 10cst?

I'm going to have to work late tonight. Want to try tomorrow? I'll be free all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

AfterFather posted:

I'm going to have to work late tonight. Want to try tomorrow? I'll be free all day.

Same time tomorrow?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Want to try for earlier in the day?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I'm advancing after they play their game so if you haven't done your CPU game yet get it in.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'm available right now if you want to play.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

My game is taken care of

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 11, 2014

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Just got home. I guess AP me, though signs are pointing to dropping dynasties.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AF take care of that and we can advance.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
R2A

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced, plenty of user games this week but down one with DJ out of the fold. At least we got 2 full seasons surpassing his entire resume prior to that.

User Games:
VT vs GT
NCSU vs FSU
UVA vs UNC
Miami vs WF (LESS THIS ONE)

Byes:
USCe

What my recruiting class last year was missing were ATH, which are finally way too good, and I've got 3 already and another 2 or 3 I'm likely to land. Already liking how this class is shaping up.

cletus - Got time tomorrow afternoon or evening?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yo Piper, when do you want to do the thing? I got time tonight, but tomorrow night is no good

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Just got home from a weekend trip to DC. I might be able to play this evening - but I'm not sure yet. If not, most nights this week will be fine. If I can play tonight I will log in around 10pm Eastern.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

cletus42o posted:

Just got home from a weekend trip to DC.

Hell yeah! Hopefully you had fun in my hometown!

The Louisville Cardinals prepared well and put up a great fight, but eventually fell to 0-7 after losing to the #5 Golden Eagles 30-17.

BC improves to 7-0. Smh Louisville, my how the mighty have fallen.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
AF I think I can go most evening this week, not tonight. When works best you?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Online now if you see this and can play soon.

I will hopefully be getting to sleep early tonight so I might be around for only an hour at most (obviously if we start a game I'll be around until it's done).

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Hell yeah! Hopefully you had fun in my hometown!
Had a great time - wedding + reception at the Mellon Auditorium. First time seeing a Hindu ceremony, it was amazing. Ended up at the rooftop bar at the W after the reception and I guess we got some kind of crazy bottle service where they have sparklers in the bottles as they bring them to you - seemed a bit excessive but definitely exciting when you're already drunk. Memory gets hazy at that point!

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

cletus42o posted:

Online now if you see this and can play soon.

I will hopefully be getting to sleep early tonight so I might be around for only an hour at most (obviously if we start a game I'll be around until it's done).

Had a great time - wedding + reception at the Mellon Auditorium. First time seeing a Hindu ceremony, it was amazing. Ended up at the rooftop bar at the W after the reception and I guess we got some kind of crazy bottle service where they have sparklers in the bottles as they bring them to you - seemed a bit excessive but definitely exciting when you're already drunk. Memory gets hazy at that point!

drat that's big timin sounds like fun. Great view's of Obama's house from up there I hear.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

drat that's big timin sounds like fun. Great view's of Obama's house from up there I hear.
Actually was there twice yesterday, once between the ceremony and reception to scope it out, then after the reception.. so I was able to get a picture during the day of the view:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah dude go to bed, not happening today. We can try for say 9 ET tomorrow though.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Somebody's living the life.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Slywalker13 posted:

AF I think I can go most evening this week, not tonight. When works best you?

I'm free most nights after 10 PM Central.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

I'm free most nights after 10 PM Central.

Let me know if you get free earlier any day, that's way past my bedtime. If we can't we'll shoot for this weekend.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

Diodeous posted:

Yo Piper, when do you want to do the thing? I got time tonight, but tomorrow night is no good

hey Dio. Wanna try to play on Tuesday evening? 7 or 8 PM EST?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That should be fine. Let's say 8

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Slywalker13 posted:

Let me know if you get free earlier any day, that's way past my bedtime. If we can't we'll shoot for this weekend.

Can you play now?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Usually my game against Dio is the de-facto ACC Atlantic title game but Wreckus's BC squad is absolutely in play for the ACC Atlantic title this year.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Yeah dude go to bed, not happening today. We can try for say 9 ET tomorrow though.
I should be online. Since we have two games, it'd be better if we could start earlier - at least, if we want to try to knock both out tonight.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

I should be online. Since we have two games, it'd be better if we could start earlier - at least, if we want to try to knock both out tonight.

Sorry, but I doubt I can play both the games tonight. So pick one and we can play that tonight and the other Wednesday prb earlier in the evening.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Sorry, but I doubt I can play both the games tonight. So pick one and we can play that tonight and the other Wednesday prb earlier in the evening.
No worries. Let's do this one since it's been pending longer.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Owww, GT falls to mighty VT 48-3.

VT overpowered me in every way. That made me feel like I'd never played the game before. :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Hokies upend the Yellow Jackets 48-3. Neither team did much passing the ball, largely because VT dominated from their first offensive series on wards. But no shutouts for cletus who managed to get a FG on the board at the start of the 4th. Parsons and Edmunds tore it up, and the GT defense had no answer. GG dude, felt like your team was just outclassed. Also forgot that Coleman housed the opening KO of the 2nd half, which basically set me up to just run the ball forever with the clock chew on and GT still out did me on TOP by almost 5 minutes. Parsons took the first offensive play 82 yards to the house too on an option play.

I am close to the opinion that this is the finest VT squad I may have ever fielded. It's certainly the best team I've played with in this year's iteration.

e: Extra points for consideration.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 13, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah this is definitely your best squad. This is one of my better NCSU teams and you absolutely worked me over so bad that I got offended

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I feel that that chick in xmen 3 getting bum rushed by the Juggernaut the way you are crushing everybody. My loss to BC demonstrates that my team's ratings are artificially high. Be gentle next week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

I feel that that chick in xmen 3 getting bum rushed by the Juggernaut the way you are crushing everybody. My loss to BC demonstrates that my team's ratings are artificially high. Be gentle next week.

No mercy until there is at least a 3 score differential in the 2nd half. But I do promise not to just blatantly run up the score, which mostly means my QB makes less than 10 pass attempts. The Capn would be proud.

That said it only takes 1 lovely week from the team/game from me to make all of this moot.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 13, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

my QB makes less than 10 pass attempts. The Capn would be proud.

That poo poo is not gonna work against Da U lol. You'll have to throw and I'll be lurking.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

That poo poo is not gonna work against Da U lol. You'll have to throw and I'll be lurking.

Oh don't worry I'm more than ready to rip apart your Oline on the way to many sacks. And that Mizzou team can't run like this one can. I've never had issues putting up respectable numbers against you man, all about the TO margin for our games. I've lost that the last few times. This secondary is LOCK DOWN though we'll see it remains the most daunting game on my schedule. Not to downplay the potential Sly and Texas have put together, minus FSU I got a decently tough Atlantic draw this season.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We both have our best teams ever right now, and next season will be even more true for me. Should be a fun next couple of games.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'll always be at a disadvantage here with no coach XP, though I do really enjoy playing as GT. I'm getting much better at running the option plays. Just wish I had a chance to build the strongest team possible to see how much better I could run them with higher rated players. If we start up a new dynasty to coincide with the next season of college football, I'm pretty sure I'm going to roll with the GT playbook regardless of what team I get.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I am doing pretty drat good in both the ACC and SEC without the coach XP. Obviously it helps that I've already won two championships with this team, but it really forces you to admit defeat on recruits a lot sooner. I actually kinda like it because it's both challenging and fair.

E: But I would def prefer to have the extra skills at the end of the day.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I am doing pretty drat good in both the ACC and SEC without the coach XP. Obviously it helps that I've already won two championships with this team, but it really forces you to admit defeat on recruits a lot sooner. I actually kinda like it because it's both challenging and fair.
Well, you are a better player than I am, so I'm sure it's less of a disadvantage for you than me!
I'll say it doesn't detract from my fun at all, though. I chose GT specifically because I wanted a tough(er) challenge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Well, you are a better player than I am, so I'm sure it's less of a disadvantage for you than me!
I'll say it doesn't detract from my fun at all, though. I chose GT specifically because I wanted a tough(er) challenge!

Mad respect for emulating IRL GT and trying to make it work. Much like Dio sticking with NCSU when stronger teams were available I appreciate the task of trying to topple the big dogs with a lesser group. Even though I'm only doing that in 1 dynasty haha.

I may also consider a restart if anyone is left, although I kinda like the idea of playing with our own guys indefinitely as we've never really gotten past S3 or 4 given the release schedule of the games previously.

• Locked thread