Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Considering there is no release on the horizon, we should just continue it out until we're like those weirdos playing Madden on PC still. (On the real though, I am kind of in the mood for a new dynasty where we've got small schools again. Those are the best times)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm not so sure that I am as good as I used to be. I think when I'm the underdog I'm forced to play much smarter and strategically. There were many times when I lost to Clemson and VT by 7pts or less, and yet with Miami I still struggle. My offensive playcalling has become pretty poor and I've been contemplating refreshing my playbook with a pro-style base.

As far as another dynasty goes, count me out. I think this league and the B1G/PAC will go on for another 2 seasons or so. I will have had my fill of e-football by then.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
hey Dio, I'm going to have to re-schedule. I'm going out to a bar to watch Rangers/Pens game 7 with some friends tonight.

I can maybe play later tonight at 10pm (assuming the game ends in regulation) and I'm available from 7-11pm EST tomorrow night. I'll post here if I'm around to play after the hockey game.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I can do tomorrow night at 9

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

I can do tomorrow night at 9

OK that works

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Which teams run a pro-style offense? So far I can only think of Georgia, Louisville, Miami, and Stanford.

Any others?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
USC, UTEP, Alabama (1 Back but still Pro Style), Boise St., Arkansas St., and a few others. Just look through the Multiple, One Back, and Pro style offenses. They're all pretty much the same thing they just use different sets.

Slywalker13 posted:

Let me know if you get free earlier any day, that's way past my bedtime. If we can't we'll shoot for this weekend.

Want to try and play this weekend?

E: Damnit I'm going to re-create my pro style playbook. It's so drat fun but it throws off my timing with my spread offenses.

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 13, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

AfterFather posted:

Want to try and play this weekend?

Would Friday at 10PM central work? I may be supposed to go to New Orleans this weekend as a Mother's day gift.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Piper, I got off work late, 915 ok?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Diodeous posted:

Piper, I got off work late, 915 ok?

Yeah that's fine

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

FSU over NCSU 31-28. Ultimately, it came down to a loving brutal fumble with 9 seconds left by my QB in his own territory. I got greedy and was trying to make sure it didn't go to OT (because I knew I'd lose in OT), and got blown up mid-scramble. NCSU outgained FSU 404-220. I had more rushing yards that Piper managed passing, limited him to only 49 yds rushing, but I got greedy and hosed myself. All game I had the mentality that this was my last best shot at going to an ACC title: I've been playing with yall for like 3 years now, and it took my over a year to even get my first user-game win and I've still never gotten a shot at the ACCCG, so I got real greedy. Good game Piper, may Xenu bless your squad

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Wow what a game. My heart can't take this...

FSU survives despite being thoroughly outplayed. 31-28.

Game changing moment 1: Dio scores a TD with 5 seconds until halftime to go up 21-7 and cap a dominant first half but decides to kick it deep. I return it for a TD and the Wolfpack lead at the half is only 7 points.

Game changing moment 2: I'm down 7 and throw my first INT with roughly 2 minutes left. I think I've lost. After a run for loss, Dio forces the ball into shallow coverage on (I think) a curl route and is picked off. I drive for a game-tying TD with 28 seconds left

Game clinching moment: Dio tries for deep passes instead of kneeling the ball and going to OT. On 2nd down he leaves the pocket, scrambles right and rather than throw it away he tries to run for some yards. My QB spy catches him and he fumbles, putting me in easy FG range with 9 seconds left. Game over.

Holy poo poo, great game. I was completely outplayed at the line of scrimmage but thanks to a miracle kick return before the half and 2 brutal late NC State turnovers FSU keeps their ACC title hopes alive.

Edit: after Jameis leaves, you're going to win the ACC Coastal regularly

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Atlantic Piper, the Atlantic...

Also AF and Sly you've got a game in here, I'll advance us once you play it. Could be important to Coastal standings so please get it in!

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 15, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Slywalker13 posted:

Would Friday at 10PM central work? I may be supposed to go to New Orleans this weekend as a Mother's day gift.

I'm being asked to work late again tonight. Put me on AP so this game can get played and we can advance.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

AfterFather posted:

I'm being asked to work late again tonight. Put me on AP so this game can get played and we can advance.

I can go tomorrow AM if that works for everyone

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm gonna put him on AP, you can wait if you want or you can get it done. But def play it before you go regardless.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
We have a sick kid so no New Orleans. However he is not on AP.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

We have a sick kid so no New Orleans. However he is not on AP.

Hrm thought I'd done that. Should be good now.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
AfterFather is online now, you should message him first. Dunno if he wants to go 3 games in a row though.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Yeah I'm online now. I can knock out one more game.

I see sly is already playing the game. Go ahead and knock it out.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'd rather you dudes try and play it. At least msg him.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Log on, as soon as I see you start playing NCAA Ill quit the game.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC over UVA 26-20 and we are R2A. Why did you spend the first half passing so much AF? I figure you run an option offence usually based on your rushing stats but you came out of the gate throwing even though I had yet to demonstrate an ability to stop it. It was nice to see my guys play man so tightly but I think it would have been a different outcome as you closed the gap quickly once you went back to the option. Oh and what formations are you calling from on D? You had some weird ones and if I wanted to pass more (and had the skill to do so) I feel like I had a lot of uncovered recievers.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I started out passing because you stuck to a base 43 Defense and I felt I could attack the edges of the field. When I did try to run option the plays were getting blown up in the backfield by either a defensive tackle or the defensive end. The only option plays that worked were the Triple Option plays and I don't like running those too ofton. The defense I was running was the 3-3-5 and yeah you could have passed more. My pass rush is non-existent outside of my defensive tackle on this team. Poor CPU recruiting.

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 17, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced!

Sadly due to some of our guys disappearing there are about half as many user games as there ought to be.

VT vs UNC
Miami vs USCe

Sadly, NCSU vs Clemson, BC vs Wake, & GT vs Pitt sadly aren't meant to be.

Does anyone know what happened to mario? Did he get dissapeared during his trip to the US?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I can go most any time today or tomorrow. Just need some warning and to ask permission from the wife.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Is Makev still with us?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Does anyone know what happened to mario? Did he get dissapeared during his trip to the US?
Sounds like he's been posting elsewhere in the forums. Last message he had posted in a dynasty mentioned being gone for a few weeks, and that was near the end of February. Not sure if anyone has PM'd him to ask directly, though. (edit - I went ahead and shot him a PM to ask)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 18, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Alright I can finally get a chance to beat Clemson

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

I can go most any time today or tomorrow. Just need some warning and to ask permission from the wife.

Maybe later this afternoon, but probably tomorrow will be better. Possibly in the afternoon, highly likely for the evening/night.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 18, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT over Pitt, 52-13.

Memorable game - I didn't call a single passing play the entire game. Senior QB Lee rushes for 287 yards, 4 TDs. 526 total rushing yards for the team.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Maybe later this afternoon, but probably tomorrow will be better. Possibly in the afternoon, highly likely for the evening/night.

Tomorrow works better for me to. Name a time and I should be able to support that

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hey Makev, what's your availability like this upcoming week?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sly - Think I should be able to play at 3:30 CT, or we can shoot for a later evening time (9 CT/10 ET).

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Let's do 9 Central. Today is a wonderful beach day.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Let's do 9 Central. Today is a wonderful beach day.

I was hoping you'd be willing to play earlier haha, if we are going to play in the evening it might be closer to 10 CT, depends on some timing with my gf.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

I was hoping you'd be willing to play earlier haha, if we are going to play in the evening it might be closer to 10 CT, depends on some timing with my gf.

I can support that. I can also do tomorrow evening if you prefer.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Going to try to take care of my game tonight, if not, may not be able to do it til Wednesday

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Killed my sensei in a duel and I'll never say why.

John Brown posted:

Hey Makev, what's your availability like this upcoming week?

Mon/Tues after 530 or 6 pacific, weds-fir after 3pm pacific

Let me know what works for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

See you in 30mins?

• Locked thread