Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
If you are looking for various bits and pieces and can't find them locally, let me know. I have a bunch of random things from previous part outs lying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

MikeyTsi posted:

Thanks. I think I've got someone local that has what I need at present, but here's a list just in case:

2GB front and rear bumpers (I think I'll be getting Octopus Magic's old set, he still has them)
Driver side rear seat interior panel (I used the wrong gorilla glue when I was fixing the grille on the 1997 one so you can see white poo poo on the surround. The 1995 is missing this piece)
Passenger side and rear trunk trim panels (broken on both the 97 and the 95)
Privacy shelf
particle board cover for the spare tire and the attachment hinges/brackets
The black plastic pieces that go under the spare tire cover

I think that's all I need for now. Most of the interior stuff that I'd be missing from the 1995 are fortunately on the 1997 and not destroyed.

I think I have most of those interior plastics. I'll need yo check over the garage and see what's in that attic the next time I'm at my grandmother's.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
2.4L Galant alternator is 124A and direct fit I believe.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

MikeyTsi posted:

I wonder if that'll be enough. I'll have to check what the general draw is for my amplifier and powered sub and go from there, I think.

The other option is the Saturn alternator, but that requires clearancing the block. Shouldn't be too bad since you are swapping motors though.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
Stock alternators are 90A with terrible wiring. I think it has 2 12 gauge wires that run from the alternator to the battery. My voltage drops rolling the windows down.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
http://millerimportparts.com/

Pretty sure he will ship anything you want if he has it.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.

Negromancer posted:

Do you know a source for poly motor mounts? I was just talking to my boss who has a 2g talon since it was 2 years old and he was saying he can't find anything but the stock rubber ones.

For a 2g?

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=16797&cat=1344&page=1

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
The ones that Miller Import Parts just got in?

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
His Facebook feed is pretty active. You can definitely get a lot of good stuff from him at reasonable prices.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
I'm pretty sure ABS was standard on the 95s. The ABS system in in the driver side fender well. You should be able to see all the lines looking around the dryer.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
Is the old rack in good shape? Mine leaks like a motherfucker and it would be nice to rebuild one not on the car.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
Yeah. Having the car fall like that would scare the poo poo out of me. I use some jack pads that we made to prevent that since I do most of my work in a gravel drive way. We cut up some 2'x2' scrap plywood and screwed it to 2"x6" scrap lumber. Then screwed more plywood to the bottom of it. It's about 3" thick and I have 0 issues using them on gravel/dirt/grass/whatever.

Anyway, I wish I had $5k I could piss away on a car right now. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4656148226.html That is so much cleaner than my POS DSM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Since 1989.
I haven't been following this in a while, but the body looked to be in good shape. My car is beat to hell and probably needs $5k in body work before paint. If I had the space and a clean shell, I'd probably swap everything over.

• Locked thread