Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!

syriquez posted:

I'd expect Serqet nerfs before AK. I don't think she even saw ANY play, just bans (I haven't watched all the games, my cable internet has been 1mb down/4.5mb up because Mediacom for the last 2 weeks).

You might want to watch the matches before you think Serq should be nerfed. She wasn't banned out in the finals, and pretty much everyone who picked her got dumpstered on her bigtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

syriquez posted:

As far as changing Telkhine's goes... I don't know how you could handle changing that item in regards to AK. He's the only one that picks it up but it's also kind of his "magic Qin's"...other than his 7482394478239 damage dragons.

It gets picked up on Chronos occasionally too, and the proposed Nerf wouldn't impact him at all since he doesn't have any ability+attack skills.

I guess it'd hurt the 4 people that get it on Freya but eh.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
Telkhines is getting nerfed? Way to keep people using the same items over and over again

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dvlos posted:

Telkhines is getting nerfed? Way to keep people using the same items over and over again

No, it was just somebody's idea to do an indirect nerf to Ao Kuang.

I also was thinking of a different idea than what the person said.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

They should just make him either an early or late game god.

Or pick a class he's good against. Like if they want him a tank melter make his dragons deal % health instead of flat damage.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

So patch day and I think this patch broke matchmaking something fierce.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Dvlos posted:

HOU YI poo poo!!!

syriquez
Apr 7, 2011

Woosh

Dvlos posted:

Matchmaking has been hosed for awhile. If you get teams that are mismatched by party sizes (i.e., a 5 stack versus 5 solos or 3+2 versus 5 solos in Conquest), their system fails miserably at providing a fair game. I had a Conquest game last night where I was the highest rated person on my team...and their lowest rated person was tied with me. Didn't help that my Apollo went into Conquest, called ADC, and knew he had 300+ ping before he even started the loving game.

Edit: Also, make drat sure you don't have Steam or any other program that might try to update while Smite is updating. The HiRez patcher loving hardlocked my system because Don't Starve Together decided it needed to do a 5mb patch. It's been a LONG time since I had to actually force a shutdown.

syriquez fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 15, 2015

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Hou Yi report: he is Anhur with an arial ult. And a real pretty leap. Oh and a great 8ball in the side pocket shot that leads to some funny moments. Once in a while.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Maybe now that they blew 2.5 million on less than 1% of the game population they can get around to actually spending money on the servers.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

DurosKlav posted:

Maybe now that they blew 2.5 million on less than 1% of the game population they can get around to actually spending money on the servers.

Yes, now that they spent that money to foster their e-sports scene and bring tons of new players in, they'll get that money back and more.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Seeing as how this has been an ongoing issue for the last 2 and half years I've been playing I doubt an ESports tourny is going to change matters a whole lot.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 15, 2015

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

reach42 - do you mind if I remake this thread to sort of usher in "Season 2"?

The conquest map is getting changed and potentially the meta will shift a little with it. And I think it'd be appropriate to reorganize some of the info in the first post to help attract any newcomers who are interested after watching SWC.

I want to try to consolidate some of the guides posted in this thread - any contributions are welcome (especially the obligatory witty thread title) and will be credited. Right now the only guides I dug up were OssiansFolly's jungle guide on page 2 but this might need to get tweaked with the new map anyways.

edit-
This will also encourage me to make more guide-friendly videos with actual commentary instead of just uploading footage of my gameplay

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 15, 2015

Juggernaut Hands
Apr 17, 2007
These Hands are Unstoppable.

Here is a pile of resources I've found useful as a recent addict.

Professor Proxy - In-depth guides to many stats.
Know Your Enemy playlist by Hi-Rez
Zapman's Jungle Master Class - Zapman showing what high-jungle play is like. Really changed the way I jungle. He also does a poorly named Mid and ADC video (Scylla and Artemis)
Guide to Warding - May be out of date as of Season 2 though
Dictionary of Game Jargon
Voice Command's in Brief
The Word of Thoth In depth mechanics guide for all you math lovers.
Grappul's Builds List of the most popular builds for every god in every mode.

I hope this helps someone as it has helped me up my game a ton. I'd also be happy to help gather more guides and help write up some new ones. Obsessed with Smite right now.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Do it shubhat! You seem to be the perfect fit and this thread is old. Shout out to JamSessionEin for the thread graphics. He can pretty well recreate the style of Smite for your headers and everything. Also a list of Goon streams and Youtubes and stuff. I will begin work on the definitive Hel tutorial.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Trendkill's Know Your Enemy videos are great beginner guides as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVieJTehRl0 There's also sometimes some obscure info in there that even veteran players might not know.

I miss watching TK stream, he was the best.

Bulletfodder
Dec 4, 2009
Here's Incontinentia's playlist for his series of videos on how to play support.

He's done all of the guardians except Hades and he has a few warriors in there as well.

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011
I second creating the Season 2 thread with the new map and changes since the original. Plus we link the current guides and etc.

I think you'd do a good job of resetting things Shub.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Motion moved, thread hijacked!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3694899

This took way too long and isn't done.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

cyclonic posted:

reach42 - do you mind if I remake this thread to sort of usher in "Season 2"?

The conquest map is getting changed and potentially the meta will shift a little with it. And I think it'd be appropriate to reorganize some of the info in the first post to help attract any newcomers who are interested after watching SWC.

I want to try to consolidate some of the guides posted in this thread - any contributions are welcome (especially the obligatory witty thread title) and will be credited. Right now the only guides I dug up were OssiansFolly's jungle guide on page 2 but this might need to get tweaked with the new map anyways.

edit-
This will also encourage me to make more guide-friendly videos with actual commentary instead of just uploading footage of my gameplay

Sure, go ahead.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

I am unclear on this, is the new Conquest map this week, or next - and are there new items coming?

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
I thought it was going to be stuck in PTS for a while?

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
god knows ;)

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
We should probably lock this thread since the new Smite thread is up. There's no reason to have two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I made the first reply in this thread when it came out and I would also like to be the final reply to this thread if you guys don't mind.

RIP Legendary Thread.

• Locked thread