Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I decided to re-watch The Avengers after this, and hey, turns out Jasper Sitwell has been hanging around in the background of SHIELD scenes since Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

TheAsterite posted:

Anyone notice Black Widow's necklace? I thought it was a really cool touch.

I missed this one, can you explain?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Baron Bifford posted:

Am I the only one on the planet who thinks Iron Man 3 was great?

Iron Man 3 was loving great, I don't know what this dude's on about.

Really, all of Phase 2 has been significantly better than Phase 1 so far. I went back and re-watched The Avengers and Iron Man 2 after seeing Winter Soldier, since they're the most SHIELD-heavy and it is incredible how much less interesting the threats in those films are. The Demigod-led alien invasion is really boring in comparison to the manipulation and lies that are the backbone of Winter Soldier.

Iron Man 3 did something siimilar, telling a story set in that universe with all the cnsequenses and ideas that come with it, but at a more grounded level. (Besides, y'know, kidnapping the president.) I am now opposed to the Avengers stuff just because the more personal, ground-level stories with these characters are much more interesting.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

HaitianDivorce posted:

I am so up for girl Indiana Jones, Tony Stark's dad and the Howling Commandos fighting double-Nazis in the MCU. Really hoping we hear something about that show sometime soon. :allears:

Oh, I am so psyched for this. Especially if they get Atwell, Cooper, and McDunnough to all reprise their roles.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

The first time we meet Tony Stark, he is showing off a weapon that fires muliple projectiles at once, sending them all around, with smoke trails behind them, looking not unlike the heads and necks of an actual mythical Hydra.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
^^^^^You forgot Hulk^^^^

OptimusMatrix posted:

I got my wife to see winter soldier and she loved it and she'd like to watch the other marvel movies to get some of the references they were referring to. So with that being said is there some sort of order we should watch all the marvel movies in so she can catch up.

The order they were released is probably the best, but it doesn't really matter as long as you start with Iron Man and make sure you get the pre-Avengers/Post-Avengers split right.

They're not 100% in chronological story order, but it's not difficult to parse through.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Action Tortoise posted:

He says he showed Stark the plans for the ship, and Stark took it upon himself to improve them.

Specifically, he says "Stark had some suggestions when he got a good look at our turbines" So it's a reference to the scene in The Avengers where Tony has to repair the engine turbine and gets his rear end handed to him by the blades. Tony's assistance was probably very little other than "Hey, I don't want to do that again, stop using turbines, use this instead", having no idea what was up with Insight.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Party Boat posted:

You should watch Pain and Gain.

And Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

EDIT: And The Hurt Locker.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 13, 2014

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Unoriginal Name posted:

With Sam's support Cap evolves into more of a mission leader than an order-taker in this film. Fury's line of "I guess you're leading the missions now." is pretty significant.

I found it funny that Fury looks at Sam to back him up as a last resort during that scene, because neither of them know who the gently caress the other one is.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
If you're tired of SMG hijacking threads, then stop talking about how he posts and talk about what he is saying. Or don't. Talk about what you want to say. But stop posting ABOUT SMG. No one cares.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

CommanderApaul posted:

There's rumors of a contract dispute after the original director, Patty Jenkins, was fired/quit the production. Portman was pretty instrumental in getting Jenkins put in the director's chair and threw somewhat of a hissy fit over it.

That was for Thor II, not Avengers. Joss Whedon was always the first choice for Avengers.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

A lot of horror movies still do opening titles.

The Insidious movies have loving great ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I bet Andrew W.K. could pick it up.

While this is obviously true, let's keep this discussion film-focused and leave the comics (which don't directly apply to this film) out of it.

• Locked thread