Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Maoist Pussy posted:

Let's, instead, name things in Texas that need to be carpet-bombed:
Vidor
Beaumont
Lubbock
white girls in cowboy hats
much of Dallas

anything else?

all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Maoist Pussy posted:

Let's, instead, name things in Texas that need to be carpet-bombed:
Vidor
Beaumont
Lubbock
white girls in cowboy hats
much of Dallas

anything else?

TCU
SMU
Baylor
Texas A&M

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I am of this place and I would like to extend an invitation to all other Texas goons. I will drive my truck to your apartment complexes and fight all of you in the parking lots while listening to UGK.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
sell texas to the mexican drug cartels and use the money to pay teachers in america a decent wage

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
A man gets held up at gunpoint but shoots the two robbers. The remaining paragraphs of weird military romanticisation are superfluous.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Professor Tomtom posted:

I am of this place and I would like to extend an invitation to all other Texas goons. I will drive my truck to your apartment complexes and fight all of you in the parking lots while listening to UGK.

Lets do this, can it be a gun fight instead?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Beige posted:

A man gets held up at gunpoint but shoots the two robbers. The remaining paragraphs of weird military romanticisation are superfluous.

god bless our troops

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
It can't be a gun fight, you would just start sucking each other's dicks the moment you saw the glistening barrels.

Lord_ExDeath
Nov 21, 2005

That's how it's done...

VendaGoat posted:

"He was driving his supercharged black Ford F350 outfitted with black rims and oversize knobby mudding tires. Kyle had replaced the Ford logo on the grill with a small chrome skull, similar to the Punisher emblem from the Marvel Comics series, and added a riot-ready aftermarket grill guard bearing the words ROAD ARMOR."

What more needs to be said?

Exactly. Why did they think it would be a bright idea to gently caress with that guy? Especially in a state that allows open carry, and where a permit for concealed carry isn't hard to get.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i once lived in a south austin apartment complex that, every saturday night, was filled with the sounds of narcocorrido music and gunshots

best place i ever lived

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lord_ExDeath posted:

Exactly. Why did they think it would be a bright idea to gently caress with that guy? Especially in a state that allows open carry

Texas doesn't allow open carry.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Feminition posted:

texas: everything big but the dicks

and the assholes are huge.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
From the moon, Texas is a little dot. From the ground, it's a huge mess! Like Dante meets Bosch in a crack lounge!

Texas, the stench of poverty hangs in the air like an old man's nappy. For the kids, it's a depravity supermarket. Where bad is free and society foots the bill.

Texas's people are the smashed toes of a lame duck society. A lame duck that's attacking its own feet with a sledge hammer.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Austin seems more whacky than actually cool or good.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

detroit is better

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Lord_ExDeath posted:

Exactly. Why did they think it would be a bright idea to gently caress with that guy? Especially in a state that allows open carry, and where a permit for concealed carry isn't hard to get.

No open carry but we do have concealed carry. Also the dude was 6'2 and weighed about 230 pounds of pure muscle, he was basically built like an NFL Linebacker. Guns don't make you invincible and these guys learned the hard way.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
How does Texas and Texans manage to so consistently suck. It must take some real dedication to being worthless. They even manage to gently caress up barbeque.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I've mostly only ever driven through Texas and here is what I noticed

Texas freeway rest stop bathrooms have those stalls where the divider only goes halfway up, presumably to discourage closeted gay dudes from having sex in there.

So when you go in there, you inevitably see a ten gallon hat sticking up over the divider, and try not to LOL at seeing a real Texas cowboy dropping a deuce

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

texaholic posted:

No open carry but we do have concealed carry. Also the dude was 6'2 and weighed about 230 pounds of pure muscle, he was basically built like an NFL Linebacker. Guns don't make you invincible and these guys learned the hard way.

How hard are your thighs quivering right now?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought I was in the "tell stories of people bad with money" thread for a minute and was really excited

Sick k/d brah

Lord_ExDeath
Nov 21, 2005

That's how it's done...

Powercrazy posted:

Texas doesn't allow open carry.

My bad; you are correct. I could swear they used to though, as well as Arizona. However it does look like a concealed carry license is easy as hell to get there, provided you aren't a felon or anything.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

How does Texas and Texans manage to so consistently suck. It must take some real dedication to being worthless. They even manage to gently caress up barbeque.

I think it's because they live in an echo chamber of people constantly proclaiming how great Texas is so they never have any impetus to improve themselves.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Lord_ExDeath posted:

My bad; you are correct. I could swear they used to though, as well as Arizona. However it does look like a concealed carry license is easy as hell to get there, provided you aren't a felon or anything.

runs about 170 bucks and a weekend in some country shooting poo poo

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
cool story but it's kinda depressing to think that if most religions are correct this dude will roast in the fires of hell for all his wanton murders of various people in the years.

oh well, that's life!

edit: oh yeah, Texas is pretty normal of a state except the gas stations suck I guess I dunno

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
They put out a lot of great football players, like Florida, and the ghettos of California.

There seems to be a direct correlation between how lovely a place is and the number of pro football players they produce per capita.

Lord_ExDeath
Nov 21, 2005

That's how it's done...
Yeah.. I live in California now. Here it's like "Are you a cop? Are you a judge? No? Go gently caress yourself."

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My wallet? Sure thing guys, no problem at all, let me just reach over into my mad max style vehicle that I drive around in this ridiculous state where everyone owns a firearm and take care of that for you.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

texaholic posted:

Lets do this, can it be a gun fight instead?

Piņata style bro. Baseball bats and blindfolds.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If someone wants my wallet and car they can have that poo poo. that's what credit cards/car insurance are for

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

im glad chris kyle got killed by a gun

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

They put out a lot of great football players, like Florida, and the ghettos of southern California.

There seems to be a direct correlation between how lovely a place is and the number of pro football players they produce per capita.

Wrong, My theory is the states with high populations produce more people good and bad.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Copley Depot posted:

If someone wants my wallet and car they can have that poo poo. that's what credit cards/car insurance are for

i don't think you quite understand the 'no, thats MINE' mentality in texas

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Copley Depot posted:

it's more convenient to just kill the poors though

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Copley Depot posted:

Yeah, I don't know if I could have the fortitude to murder someone for my material possessions esp when there is a chance I could get them back no problem or call the cops right after, but if I felt threatened with the gun and that they were going to end my life, I would defend my self.

But, all in all, I wouldn't get a punisher skull on my truck like some big dumb clown. Point goes to thugs, I guess.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
this is a state where people say Remember the Alamo without thinking for one second about its historical context and just like the idea of a bunch of outlaws fighting against the murderous mexican hordes

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

im glad chris kyle got killed by a gun

"Live by the Gun, Die by the Gun"

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

OMFG FURRY posted:

this is a state where people say Remember the Alamo without thinking for one second about its historical context and just like the idea of a bunch of outlaws fighting against the murderous mexican hordes

I certainly remember when a bunch of white rednecks got their asses handed to them by some Mexicans and then cried about it for a century afterwards.

The Alimo: Ozzy Osborn peed here.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Noctis Horrendae posted:

too many white republican christians but that's kind of repetitive

extremely multicultural and acceptive so long as you're not muslim

Texas is actually the 2nd most muslim state in the US, after new york

Pig Benis Disciple posted:

sell texas to the mexican drug cartels and use the money to pay teachers in america a decent wage

this guy is trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

OMFG FURRY posted:

well to be fair if they're proud of them for being outlaws they might be aware of the context

• Locked thread