Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

texaholic posted:

http://www.nps.gov/pais/naturescience/laguna.htm

One of the most unique environments in all of world not just America...

Unique means one of a kind. Something can't be "the most unique". This is what happens when your school board tries to gently caress up textbooks for half the nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
roads built by blind babby

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

lol 114 in the shade is not great weather

the food is undeniable tho

yup the weather is really horrible especially in the summer, the winter/fall is ironically the only month with "good" weather.

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

lol 114 in the shade is not great weather

the food is undeniable tho

at least the heat in texas isn't humid like the rest of the south and florida though

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

texas girls are also pretty hot

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Stemmons Freeway queens in 1959 Dallas.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 687 days!)

yeah it fuckin is dude it is muggy as a ballsack

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

bastion of blue liberal cities in a sea of hootin' and hollering angry rednecks

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Texas: Land of the MILFs

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

yeah it fuckin is dude it is muggy as a ballsack

in east texas, sure

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

the weather is absolutely perfect in late september through the end of october and then all bets are off. crank the heat bc it's 20 outside and when you wake up it's 90.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

Ungoal posted:

in east texas, sure

in the desert it is a sexy and acceptable dry heat where beer tastes 3x as good as normal, anywhere there are trees it is like living inside a runner's scrotum.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

etalian posted:

the winter/fall is ironically the only month with "good" weather.

This isn't ironic, this is called "living in a warm climate"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-BFwOuVQRc

this caused a major controversy in laredo when it went viral

(she's from colorado)

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

high school football coaches in lovely small towns are treated like godkings, it's a highly competitive position even in the lowliest of bumfuck municipalities.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Texas is the best-shaped state as everyone knows.

It's hard to draw, and the other day I was trying to draw it, because I am from Texas and I am crazy and love Texas, and I was like, "Gee, I wish I had a map to consult."

Then I remembered I have a tattoo of Texas on my arm and I was like, "That was really smart of me."

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

I.C. posted:

Texas is the best-shaped state as everyone knows.

It's hard to draw, and the other day I was trying to draw it, because I am from Texas and I am crazy and love Texas, and I was like, "Gee, I wish I had a map to consult."

Then I remembered I have a tattoo of Texas on my arm and I was like, "That was really smart of me."

just make a finger gun retard

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
they probably have a lot of good mexican resturants

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

just make a finger gun retard

Huh! Learn something new every day!

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I don't like Texas.

I live here and it is a bad place and it makes me want to go :emo:

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Well, it's hard to hate texas because at least it isn't Arizona. (Or Florida/Mississippi/Louisiana/Alabama etc)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Why didn't either robber shoot the sniper while they were bleeding out. I guess I don't know that much about bullet wounds, I didn't realize they make you die instantly. What am I missing, did anyone see the cc footage that could describe it?

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

it never happened, it's an urban legend. also weird stuff happens when you get shot like on the one hand someone could dump a magazine in your chest and you could walk to the hospital no problem or on the other hand you could die before you hit the ground from one bullet.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
seriously almost no fat people where I live in dallas. I feel fat here (which is good)

but it is the #1 place for singles here so :smug:

ive been to austin a few times and it almost (almost) reversed my views on hipsters. It is hard to compress that many sexy hipsters into one place and not have your fundamental displeasure rocked a bit, but then you hear like one dude talk and you go "oh yeah..."

whoever thinks houston is actually cool ... I dunno man. Dunno about that. Its a city, thats about all I can say about it. If it weren't on the ocean I'd rather go to fort worth

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Why didn't either robber shoot the sniper while they were bleeding out. I guess I don't know that much about bullet wounds, I didn't realize they make you die instantly. What am I missing, did anyone see the cc footage that could describe it?

because the bullet just makes a hole, it really really really matters what part of your insides the hole is created in

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Dallas resident here, I have a hat with this graphic on it that I bought in Toronto

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW
texas whooped mexico's rear end and got their independence

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ungoal posted:

texas whooped mexico's rear end and got their independence

texas caught mexico napping

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Hobohemian posted:

Yes I did. I honestly cannot believe they had the restraint. I had a whole North Carolina spiel locked and loaded.

Eastern supremacy, bitch.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Mycroft Holmes posted:

:nyd: Western style for life you heathen.

Though I think we can agree that these guys don't know anything about a pig pickin and the only thing even close to Texas is the everpresent bottle of Pete sitting on the fixins table.

Eh, for another thread I guess but you're still wrong. ;)

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Mycroft Holmes posted:

You don't have to preach to the choir. There is no better compliment to pork than some cider vinegar and some hot chili pepper. Everything else is superfluous.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Ungoal posted:

Texas is the only place in the South that I wouldn't mind living in. At least they got cities there.

New Orleans owns, though?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

texas girls are also pretty hot

If you are into dating a TedNugent-to-Female transsexual, sure.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maoist Pussy posted:

New Orleans features many great attractions like Nicolas Cage's Pyramid tomb.

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Maoist Pussy posted:

I was there 6 months ago and the place appeared as if it were still reeling from the effects of Katrina. It looked old and run down with an eerie sense of dread. Food was still great tho

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Ungoal posted:

I was there 6 months ago and the place appeared as if it were still reeling from the effects of Katrina. It looked old and run down with an eerie sense of dread. Food was still great tho

No thats just nawlins it was like that before Katrina too. It's pretty much always been a bleak city, if beautiful in its own way.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TfV6lfx4s0#t=91

my hopes have been dashed

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Don't Mess With Texas

You Might Pick Up An Infection Or Something, Seriously Dude Don't Touch That Without Gloves

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQGnkHspqQM

Texas country owns by the way. This is also what Texas is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

texas state university has more stds per capita than any other school in the country

• Locked thread