Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Jonad posted:

it makes sense guys

i mean in western societies men who cover their heads are virgins, so logically the same could well apply to muslim women

i thought this joke was also pretty solid in concept and suffered due to the rest of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

Cream_Filling posted:

I second this motion

also addendum ban the op

tell us more about them coloreds that we don't know about pls

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
let's carpet bomb jordan with sweet photoshops of their queen buttfucking the prophet mohammed :twisted:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

The_Cack posted:

let's carpet bomb jordan with sweet photoshops of their queen buttfucking the prophet mohammed :twisted:

I don't think Lowtax wants the Salman Rushdie treatment man

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

The_Cack posted:

If you do that the Cream_Filling's of the world will plaster your face all over international headlines claiming you don't know poo poo about coloreds muslims

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Twee as gently caress posted:

anyone remember when like nearly 20 girls burned to death and like 50 others were injured because the firefighters arrived at their dorm and they were trying to get out but since they weren't dressed modestly enough they actually locked them in the building on fire?

Are we sure Muslims are misogynist and not just developmentally disabled?

I'd feel bad condemning them when in reality they're just retarded.

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 28, 2014

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Maybe it's like the Romans and they have like too much lead in the water. That would explain why like 95%+ of Egyptian women approve of removing a girl's clitoris with a dirty shard from a broken bottle (without anesthesia of course, drugs are haaram)

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Momplestiltskin posted:

Pretty sure the deal is that the king is a pretty cool bro but his country is filled with the same knuckle-dragging barbarians found elsewhere in the region

Yea basically. King Abdullah is in the weird position of being more liberal than the country he rules. Seems like a pretty chill guy for the most part, and for an Arab leader, pretty likeable:

quote:

Then the business of the afternoon was conducted. The 30 or so men (and one woman, a daughter of one of the tribal leaders) sat on couches against the walls. Tea was served. The king made a short plea for economic reform and for expanding political participation, and then the floor was opened. Leader after leader—many of whom were extremely old, many of whom merely had the appearance of being old—made small-bore requests and complaints. One of the men proposed an idea for the king’s consideration: “In the old days, we had night watchmen in the towns. They would be given sticks. The government should bring this back. It would be for security, and it would create more jobs for the young men.”

I was seated directly across the room from the king, and I caught his attention for a moment; he gave me a brief, wide-eyed look. He was interested in high-tech innovation, and in girls’ education, and in trimming the overstuffed government payroll. A jobs plan focused on men with sticks was not his idea of effective economic reform.

As we were leaving Karak a little while later, I asked him about the men-with-sticks idea. “There’s a lot of work to do,” he said, with fatigue in his voice.

Two months after the Arab Spring erupted, the king received the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Jordanian branch in his office. “They were the first people I saw in the Arab Spring,” he told me. “They were the loudest voice, so I brought them in, and they said, ‘Our loyalty is to the Hashemites, and we stood with you in the ’40s and ’50s and ’70s,’ and I said, ‘That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.’ And they were like, ‘Aaaargh’—they were shocked.” He recounted that he said to them, “ ‘My father told me that you guys watched the way things were going, and when you saw that my father was winning, you went with him.’ I said, ‘This is complete and utter bullshit, and if we’re going to sit here and bullshit each other, then we might as well have a cup of tea and then say goodbye. If you want to have a serious conversation’—we Arabs like to rear end-kiss each other for the first half hour of conversation—‘if you want to have a serious conversation, here’s where we start.’ ”

...many summers he and a small group of friends (and a detachment of bodyguards) take an unpublicized motorcycle trip along some remote stretch of American highway. Last summer, he and his friends tracked the trans-Alaska pipeline as it winds its way south from Prudhoe Bay. No one at highway truck stops recognized him, of course, which made him happy. When David Petraeus, who was then the director of the CIA, visited him this past fall, King Abdullah mentioned the Alaska trip in order to have some fun at the expense of the American national-security apparatus. “I said, ‘I don’t know who’s the head of Homeland Security, but I have some real concerns for you. There was a whole bunch of AY-rabs’ ”—he stressed the first syllable in the stereotypically redneck way—“ ‘running around your pipeline, and no one stopped us. Nobody asked us any questions at all. Who’s protecting your border?’ ”

Just don't try and topple him because the HQ of the country's intelligence service is nicknamed "The Fingernail Factory" by Western agencies.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ferid posted:

Did you know Jordan ruled the courts and he had no hair?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Vernii posted:

Just don't try and topple him because the HQ of the country's intelligence service is nicknamed "The Fingernail Factory" by Western agencies.

The last people to try and oust the King of Jordan were the Palestinians with Arafat at their helm. In a single month, he killed more Palestinians than 70 years of warfare with the Israelis.

Never forget that behind the smile of any leader in the Middle-East there's a man who's going to have all of your family brutally tortured then fed to dogs if he thinks you're a threat to his kingdom. Or you put too much milk in his coffee.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Twee as gently caress posted:

anyone remember when like nearly 20 girls burned to death and like 50 others were injured because the firefighters arrived at their dorm and they were trying to get out but since they weren't dressed modestly enough they actually locked them in the building on fire?

Yes. You forgot to mentioned this was in Saudi Arabia, which is of course expected. What you also did not mentioned is that this is usually only in Saudi Arabia, the Gulf Arabia pennisula, not in Palestine, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt or any other Islamic countries.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i didn't read old gbs but was that similar to this thread?

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Agrajag posted:

Hahaha Hingehead you motherfucking human being.

I never said Saudi Arabia practices women's equality. Learn to read, human being.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pig Benis Disciple posted:

i didn't read old gbs but was that similar to this thread?

p much, add more wanton bans on people a mod disagrees with for slightly breaking the rules and you're set

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Hingehead posted:

I never said Saudi Arabia practices women's equality. Learn to read, human being.

Aren't you the guy who thinks that Islam is modern because one of your three wives is free to suck your dick if you make her¿

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Miltank posted:

Aren't you the guy who thinks that Islam is modern because one of your three wives is free to suck your dick if you make her¿

No.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

Ferid posted:

Did you know Jordan ruled the courts and he had no hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
yeah this old gbs/lf thread is boring and the only funny thing was on the first page. Adios

• Locked thread