Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
:burger:Click for latest update:burger:

What do you do when you're in danger? Drop and go for cover? Or do you man up and sack up, for excitement? Well we're going to find out in this latest expedition into terror, known as Disaster: Day of Crisis. Released for the Wii in late 2008 in both Japan and PAL regions (sadly the US lucked out on this Wii gem), the game chronicles the escapades of the one man army known Ray. Ray is having a very tough time in his life; he's had to quit his job after losing his close friend and life partner Steve and he's having to come to grips with the fact that, not only can't he save everyone....he more than likely can't save anyone and is pretty much a beacon for disasters. And that's just at the start of the game; things quickly go from bad to worse in the world of Ray and we'll be getting to that soon enough.

Outside of all the natural disasters, we'll be dealing with plenty of man made disasters not only in the game but also in real life as I get some company joining me in the form of a personification of Mt. St. Helen's known as Panzer Skank and the walking rock pun that is Geop. They'll be adding their own knowledge and candor regarding what to do in a number of sticky situations as we attempt to make it out alive and maybe break even with Mother Nature's bitchy rear end.

Ray is our protagonist and the hunkiest of all rescuemen. But underneath all that bulge, is a softer side that cares for his family (who are probably dead) and his close friends (who are also probably dead). Also his hair is perfect forever.

Steve is Ray's best friend and confidant; they share everything. Stories, dangerous moments, and high school memories. He also enjoys bringing up his sister and the sweet rear end (but useless) compass that she gave him. It's a cookie.

Agent Olson is the hard as nails FBI agent who plays by the book and is totally against collateral damage. But he's at the end of his rope and is in some dire straits, so he calls in some extra muscle when a local seismologist and his assistant get kidnapped.

Prof. Davies is a top level geodude who works at the local university and has recently been kidnapped by an ultra secret military outfit. Just what do they plan on doing with a super old seismologist is anyone's guess but I'd probably assume it involves a lot of hunky smooches.

Lisa is Steve's still living sister, assistant to Prof. Davies, and inevitable love interest/beard for Ray. Before all that happens though, she'll mostly be used as a token damsel in distress as she's carted around from disaster to disaster screaming out for Ray's blood as she thinks he killed Steve....cause he did.

Mayor Townsend is the compassionate and caring mayor of Blue Ridge City. A normal man with a plan to bring his city into a prosperous future but it seems that Mother Nature and SURGE have other plans for his fair city....deadly plans indeed.

President Lewis is the mostly impotent leader of the United States of America who's been able to lead a cushy life behind a desk with no worries or cares in the world. But a recent surge of disasters in Blue Ridge City has forced him to muster up all his courage to blandly whine in the oval office. He's due to be re-elected soon for his bravery.

Colonel Haynes is the leader of the SURGE forces and a hardened war vet who's been through many a dangerous military campaign and many dangerous disasters. It's with this knowledge, and his band of brothers, that he wishes to bring the US government to it's knees. But to what end is the real question?

Major Evans is Haynes' second in command and has been by his side for years. Somewhat pale and seemingly very loyal to Haynes, something about him just comes across as somewhat untrustworthy. Only the future will reveal just how far he's willing to follow Haynes.

Gordon is just Gordon. He's Southern and he can't pronounce certain words correctly. He also always carries a spare weapon that he still manages to suck rear end with.

Gregory is an expert helicopter combat pilot and former member of the 'Night Stalkers'. I'm not overly sure what that is but I'm pretty sure it means that Gregory is on a number of community watch lists and is not allowed within 500 feet of schools.

Banks is a trigger happy mercenary and loose cannon in the ranks of SURGE. Also enjoys a good game of Blitz Ball.

Disaster Files
Disaster File 1.1/Disaster File 1.2
Disaster File 2
Disaster File 3
Disaster File 4/Disaster File 4.2
Disaster File 5
Disaster File 6
Disaster File 7
Disaster File 8
Disaster File 9/Disaster File 9.2
Disaster File 10/Disaster File 10.2
Disaster File 11
Disaster File 12
Disaster File 13
Disaster File 14
Disaster File 15
Disaster File 16/Disaster File 16.2
Disaster File 17
Disaster File 18/Disaster File 18.2
Disaster File 19
Disaster File 20

Disaster Arts

By grancheater

By Jade Star

By Panzer Skank

by PsycArtist

by Unfair

by Pompitous

by Devious Vacuum

by Demonbait

by BottledBacon

by Jessica V.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

This is going to be....one hell of a thread. With special guest Geop joining in since he's a geographist.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yapping Eevee posted:

Well, that answers one question! :v: The info's a little outdated, mind you...

This game looks amazing. :allears: I don't suppose that there could be little mentions of the stuff you don't get, say in the update post?
Hmmmm, well I won't really be missing anything on a per update situation. It's more that there are these 'titles' you get by doing certain things in the game and there's about 150+ of them, which range from reasonable ("Don't jump in a level") to unnecessarily hard ("Get all A ranks at the end of a mission"). I think by the end there might be two or three things that I don't unlock, but everything else will hopefully be shown off as I hate myself and having fun. Anything I don't decide to get though, I'll be sure to mention or state by the end of the LP.

Also a couple of small things, but I'm using a slightly different mic from usual and I want to make sure it's of good enough quality before I use it for more commentary. And also, does anyone care enough about the cutscenes to need a separate cut commentary version of the videos. I can guarantee that you guys won't be missing much, but if enough people want it I can do it. I just figure that enough of it sinks in with our commentary being left in over the cutscenes.

VVVVVV
Well consider this something of an open invite; if you are familiar with crisis management, volcanoes, nukes, or being a hunk, then you could easily fit in as a guest. Otherwise the plan is to keep Panzer laughing at my stupidity and maybe having Geop back to enjoy the things that Ray shoves in his mouth.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Mar 28, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yapping Eevee posted:

Ah, that's fair enough! I'm sure nobody will care if you don't get all the titles, so long as nothing actually interesting gets unlocked from having X amount of them. (Given some of the other LPs you've done, I had the horrible thought of alternate outfits for Ray... including the seemingly mandatory skimpy bikini and/or dominatrix outfit. :v: Though I'm sure he'd look great in a frog costume.)

The subtitles are more than big enough for easy reading at 480p, and the in-game voices were still intelligible when commentators were speaking. I'd say you're perfectly fine on that front. The mic seemed fine too.

Edit: While I do know some things about disaster management/recovery as it pertains in libraries, I doubt this action-packed masterpiece will visit one.
Yeah, currently what I don't have unlocked is (and spoilered for no good reason):

Barbarian outfit which requires going back through every stage to collect 100 of these hidden signs (which could be doable but annoying)
Mech Ray which requires just beating the game on the hardest difficult (and that's unlocked after getting a certain number of titles)
Samurai Ray which requires getting every title (and that's one I doubt I have any patience to get)

But yeah, this is not a short game and I question whether I can stand to beat it five times over for two silly costumes while we have a few silly ones already waiting. Even taking into account that this game is by the same developer as....Xenoblade Chronicles!? Yeah, let that nonsense sink in.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

tlarn posted:

Oh man, this game. This game's gonna be a real gem.

As for the hazards of being around a volcano, don't you also have to be careful with spotting where you're going to set your feet, in case what you thought was a stable rock turns out to be molten underneath a thin, candyshell layer?
Geop probably knows better, but he was saying before we recorded that the volcano we see in the prologue has some weird amalgamation of different volcano aspects. Like how the lava looks initially doesn't really go with the weird fire works display that pops out later. I think in the end they were just trying to go for something cool looking but then the lava just randomly disappears or should have killed our man Ray but doesn't.

Also I do apologize for not paying attention to the loading screen, but I do promise that the rest of the game is in America and that there is seemingly another volcano that also erupts in America.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 28, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Crane Fist posted:

I never did find out how the story of Rubbish Wolverine ends. This can only be a good thing
Hey Psycho, where did Coulis go? Can you make him come be in a video, cause I would love that.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Cymbal Monkey posted:

This is a promising start. I'm hungry now though.
Also I'm unhappy to state that Geop was much more excited for the burger originally but Panzer made me turn it down. The irony was thick for that moment in time....

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

tlarn posted:

Perfectly fine to eat food found around an erupting volcano, though. It's just a bit burnt and ashy, nothing your digestive and immune systems can't handle. Crackers? Perfectly okay. Burgers? Horf that poo poo down. :burger:
Everything is fine when it's boxed up for an emergency! Though it is odd that the food items never heal you like in other games, all they do is refill your stamina...or give you experience because you're a glutton.

Jade Star posted:

Watching this, but the level of attention Niggurath puts into the lp so far is fabulous.

Also I don't have gimp anymore, that makes me sad.
I'm sincerely not paying attention to anything in this game that isn't food related, falling apart, or exploding.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Clearly that's a lie because it says right there that South America is exploding.
Nah, South America is mostly fine; but that particular mountain is pretty hosed.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Then the next update, and all subsequent updates, will have a separate cut commentary version. I aim to please.

anilEhilated posted:

I know I know the protagonist's voice from somewhere and it's driving me crazy.
It's apparently this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEfOEmYadaQ

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

One year later and things haven't been going so hot for Ray. He's quit the International Rescue Team and settled in for a nice, safe job of pushing papers...but it seems like fate has something more in store for our intrepid protagonist. It seems that the FBI are in need of his particular skill set and they have an ace up their sleeve to bring Ray into the game in the form of Steve's sister, Lisa, who has been kidnapped. Will Ray be able to survive all the dangers that lay in wait in the SURGE hideout or is he doomed to suffer another emotional and physical disaster?

Hel posted:

When I first heard of this game I thought it would be something like the Disaster report games, a mostly normal and simplified game about surviving during a disaster with a few funny things like stealing a chefs hat for dress up. Then I saw it and was blown away, I'm looking forward to seeing your journey through all this.
A part of me wants to say that this is a part of that series of games but I'm not totally sure.

necroid posted:

I though this was going to be a game about rescuing people from disaster areas and then the intro movie pulls out marines, choppers, nukes and presumably nuke-borne tsunamis, I was a bit confused.

Also Niggurath the new microphone sounds good, can't tell if your voice changed or if I was just used to hearing it recorded with crappy microphones.

Definitely gonna watch this.
I'm glad it's sounding better all around, though I fear you might still be thinking of how lovely I sounded back on Necrovision....gently caress, that sounded so bad in retrospect. But yeah, things will go in many unexpected directions in this game and it will be a bizarre thrill ride.

Panzer Skank posted:

Help whats going on

That seriously looks like Ray is trying to do the 'Clone High' montage pose thing.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

ChaosSamusX posted:

Oh man. I forgot how loving dumb this entire game and it's plot are. This will be wonderful and keep getting better.
It does; I'm mostly trying to remember where Coulis left off before or if most people even remember what happens....because it's going to get really stupid, really quick.

Hel posted:

Unfortunately not, there was Disaster Report 4 under development but it was canceled after the earthquake, and 3 was a japan only PSP game. But I can't find any info on overlapping people, so I can't say there aren't people that worked on both.
That's really weird that there would be this niche of disaster gaming that they wouldn't be the same series, but considering all the different farming simulators out there I guess it makes sense.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 2, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

This game is legit awesome and anybody who thinks differently basically hates fun. Forget Xenoblade and The Last Story, this was one of the greatest games on the Wii.
You are very correct and seriously the only bad thing about the game, to me anyway, is the combat. And I say that mostly because the first time I was playing through I was not getting better guns or upgrading my weapons....so it was a little tough. Thankfully I'm a smarter man now and I know to upgrade, and it'll be amazing once we do that (though the game is a jerk and we won't be seeing it till update four).

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

I'm bad at timing buttons, cleaning wounds, and shooting poo poo. But I'm alright for saying stupid poo poo.

Also here is a bonus video involving my junk handling:

Junk Challenge Shooting Range Extreme

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Mutamu posted:

Oh christ that challenge, goal time 35 seconds are you for real game? At least THAT doesn't seem to be necessary.
It's not necessary, I think it's just to get some additional point bonuses at the end. But the thing is that it costs gun upgrade points (which we'll cover in the next update) to even do the shooting range....so if you do manage to suck at it, you'll just end up wasting points and then have to grind through combat sections again to get more gun points. And even if you do amazing at the junk shooting range you'll maybe only get 100 points in profit, so you can't really use it to farm for points. The only reason to do it is that it's a pre-requisite for certain weapons (which will also be covered next update) and thus you just have to power through it once....then never, ever do it again. Unless you're having to record it for the internet for some reason.

ChaosSamusX posted:

How many of those SURGE guys are there? Around 70 of them died in the last level because of Ray alone, and they probably lost a bunch more to the Earthquake. Are there just countless thousands of them or something so they can take these losses?
The bigger question is...are they following Ray or is it all just a constant, happy coincedence that they keep bumping into each other? (topical Mr. Show reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AISLBrQ-ODE)

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Teoball posted:

I'm pretty sure you can turn off the Wiimote speaker in the options so you can hear the excellent voice acting through your speakers instead.
Hmmm, are you talking about the subtitled bits during game play that seem to not have voice acting? Or are you just talking about in general? Cause I can definitely change that option in the future if that means everything will properly have voice acting.

VVVVV
Ah, that's what I was thinking; I can definitely turn that on in the future (though I've already got the next three updates done).

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 7, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Thesaya posted:

And with this, I believe Geop has put more thought into the concept of earth quakes than the game developers ever did.
They did put some thought into it, but they also happened to make a city that was doused in gasoline, constructed of balsa wood, houses a nuclear armament disposal facility on a massive fault line, and has a crisis management center that hires gun toting psychopaths that talk to compasses. This is just how the Japanese picture America and how America solves it....the right way.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Merijn posted:

Oh jeez this is the best. At 1:37 or so a board even crosses the screen bouncing all the way from right to left... and then jumps over the remaining boards to fly off into the sunset. :allears:
The weird thing is that I didn't even want to make a video of that stupid shooting range because I hate it so much and I suck so badly at it. I'm a bit sad that none of the other shooting ranges are that goofy or interesting (sans ummmmm one special one), so I'm not sure if I'll be showing any of them off.

But in good news, Panzer will be at PAX in a couple days showing off her and delicious bees' great game Roundabout and she's super excited about that, but that means she'd be unavailable for commentary which is a definite bummer.....or it would be if we didn't manage to record a few videos beforehand of stupid Disaster fun. So I was curious if you guys wanted a new update now or just wanted to wait till the weekend. Also this was to make sure that Panzer knows she's great and that I know they'll do amazing at PAX.

VVVVVV
Shut your stink hole, Panzer Stank!

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 9, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Disaster Files
Disaster File 11
Disaster File 12

The job of a mayor is to be a total badass....at least in Blue Ridge City.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Those almost-perfectly-square boulders are a menace.

This city is out to kill! Or the designers really just made things exploding out into fire random?

Kibayasu posted:

Chris "gently caress Boulders" Redfield finally has an equal.

Also while I certainly don't advocate putting points into Focus before literally anything else Concentration mode is still useful if you limit it to the shotgun so you just have to aim in the general area of an enemy. Just zoom in, fire one shot, and back out.
I'm still not sure about ever working up a shotgun; there's just rarely an opportunity to use them. Most enemy encounters are over long distances and in the few instances they aren't....well the base shotgun seems to do well enough. Still I have been noticing more usefulness in the focus (as was shown in the Humvee fight), so maybe I will point some points into that at least.

Tin Tim posted:

The sick car stunts were glorious. Lmao real good.

Also, I hope we get to see the minigun at the end of the weapon tree. The most appropriate equipment for a rescue agent guy.
Aye, we will be seeing that later and it's pretty much the only way to do a very particular 'boss' fight, but it won't be until much later on. Also I'll be trying to show off all of the special unlockable weapons, but most of them are lovely gimmicks like the junk (which amazingly does have a use or two).

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Pompitous posted:

It's full size now. I... You know, I can't tell either. And I made it.
I like your idea either way cause it immediately made me think of:

VVVVVV
Hmmm, I don't think that ever pops up but considering the massive glasses of water that Ray stores in his body, I have no doubt he'd end up drowning someone before he saved them.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 11, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Merijn posted:

I forgot, why are all those soldiers shooting Ray? Shouldn't they help save all those people? :psyduck:
It'll be answered soon when the game remembers to stop being so action packed! But that'll be in another update, for now we've got some action padding to get through!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Boy, you musta enjoyed his Duke ones then, that was all co-commentary I think.

Also I am now considering starting the "Burning Park" diet. That might be a good marketing scheme.
Never watch Duke ever...

Derek Barona posted:

I was on a huge Silent Hill kick during the winter, and he's almost the only game in town for it, so to speak. The difference between most of the episodes of Downpour and those two where VoidBurger's around is surprising.
I shine the most when I've got good, talented people joining me. Voidburger is a great person, Panzer and Geop are great people, and though he's a bit rough with his English, Deceitful Penguin is a great dude.

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

"We need more sickly burn victims, crying bohemian women, old folks, and children suffering from smoke inhalation on this bus pushing scheme, STAT!"

Or, here's a thought: help each other climb over the drat thing. It's what, 8 feet tall? You can't get a leg up, and then help pull others to safety?
Well, the guy hiding in the bathroom waiting to die was pretty healthy. So it's not like we had utter wimps and cripples pushing the bus....the real question is, where did the mayor disappear off to? Is he secretly a member of SURGE?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

MooseLizard posted:

I guess he went looking for a radio since he's the guy broadcasting to the wiimote speaker through the entire level.
:( my jokes are dumb, but yeah, it'll still be another update before I remembered to turn on the wii-mote speaker. I'll probably end up posting the next update sometime this weekend since this update was so short.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Derek Barona posted:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of them even though I normally hate horror games in general. There's just a noticable difference between when he's trying to be informative over entertaining with his commentary and let the game speak for itself, and when he's basically taking the piss and giving some of his less editted for TV sort of thoughts on a given situation. It's like that for everyone, sure, but most people don't have LPs on the internet to give constructive criticism of, y'know?
I do know what you're saying and I really do try to facilitate a comfortable environment when people do videos with me; I just usually end up going into games that don't work well with multiple people but I do enjoy when I get the opportunity.

Back on the video itself, I was a bit surprised to see that the idea of a fire-tornado is actually a pretty recently observed phenomena. It seems that it was first observed and scientifically studied during a large bush fire in Australia in Canberra; it seems that it was formed by a tornado interacting with a 'pyrocumulonimbus cloud' and it killed 4 people and injured over 490 people. So it's a bit amazing they decided to put it in the game and also that it was caused by a seemingly small number of fires....because apparently the Canberra brush fires were a bit....bad?

Also, never go to Australia because I think it's pretty much guaranteed death.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

FinalGamer posted:

Holy christ where the hell do you live? Are you IN Blue Ridge City right now chronicling this game's accuracy? Seriously though that's incredible stuff and I was seriously wondering if firestorms were real because a concept like that cannot exist in videogames alone.
They're...horrifyingly beautiful.
He lives in the unholy wasteland that is Iceland; a land of black deserts, desolate glaciers, volcanoes, Bjork, and one major city that is ruled over by a guy who used to be a comedian that dressed like Hitler (though he's actually a progressive and nice gent from what I've heard).

edit: Also, I should add that both Australia and Iceland are lovely lands and I'm not really meaning to poo poo on them that much.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 16, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Since the park update was pretty short, how about we have another pretty short update.....with so much action and story that you'll probably wet yourself.....to death.

Also I made a bonus video to show off the sweet bonus weapon we got from the magic, disappearing man: Junk Bonus Attack Time

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Szurumbur posted:

Why did Junk do 9999 points of damage at the end and can you really do nothing to stop the plates that the Boss keeps shooting down at you?
Yeah, like Derek said, it's cause I picked up a ninja star and for some reason those do an insane amount of damage (it doing 9999 is because I also pumped up the weapons damage to it's maximum which also means that the devastating teddy bear would start to do up to 30 damage). The problem is that it's not really dependable enough to be used as a boss killer since it's about a 1 in 6 random chance for that item to be pulled out and then you have to deal with the throwing arc of the weapon and the fact that if you miss then you're just going to have to wait for the random chance again. I don't know, I didn't plan on using it more since there are other special weapons to show off, but I can if anyone really wants since it's not expensive to power up.

Kangra posted:

They simultaneously want this to be a Cascadia Subduction Zone quake (Pacific Northwest, 9.0 magnitude, tsunami) while also being set off by SURGE in a particular point... and also somehow be in a San Francisco analogue too.
It's funny you mention that because it was also one of the disaster files (that I've been trying to list with each update that they are given in):

MrAptronym posted:

This video series has taught me that that natural disasters are no replacement for giant robots, southerners are no replacement for Russians and this game desperately needs a robot ninja.

I cannot get over the Tsunami in the background, it has to be the least threatening tsunami of all time, patiently waiting for the dramatic setpiece to end so it can come and wash away everything. Also... if the earthquake was centered right on the town, why is a tsunami now approaching it? Tsunami spread from the location of an event (Earthquake, landslide, Mcguffin) not over to it several hours later.
That's pretty much how every disaster in this game will be; like the tsunami may not seem imposing now since it was taking a billion years to reach us but by the start of the next video....it's going to be a tad bit closer.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

It's a well known fact that tsunamis are the least threatening disaster ever; it's like being pelted with velvet kittens in a bath tub full of hugs. And we all know that making new assets and levels is hard, so why not just reuse what you've already got?

Also with my infinite amount of art skills, I've decided to sum up the plot of the game so far:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Glazius posted:

I imagine the bowgun range is going to be a bit easier than that junk challenge? No crazy arcs to work with.
It is and it kinda isn't, though I'm not entirely sure if it's interesting enough to show. Basically, instead of the normal cardboard cut-out people, you get these wooden cut-outs with large apple heads. And getting head shots is the only real way to destroy them and the arrows from the bowgun do have a bit of an arc....but there's sadly just not that much to it. Hell, I'm not even sure if the weapon itself is worth showing off as it doesn't do anything interesting till you get the final bow gun which shoots out delayed explosives.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Just a short, quick update today and boy is it ummmmmmm filler? But we do get to meet another merc since the last one got consumed by a tsunami while saluting at it and screaming. I'm sure this new guy will work out a lot better in the menacing department though.

Also there is a bit of a side quest that opens up whenever you finish any level in the game and it's what the game refers to as the 'Staminas Campaign' (and yeah, the game does pluralize stamina....and yes, a voice actor says the line super awkwardly later on). But it's a pretty simple side quest that just requires the player to revisit a level while looking for these hidden away signs; collect all the signs and you get an experience bonus at the end. Miss a single sign and you get nothing. Collect every sign in the game and you get a special prize!

Staminas Sign Bonus!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

azren posted:

What kind of idiot thinks "I need to get the important, fairly fragile piece of equipment from that guy, so I'm going to fire high-power chaingun rounds and missiles at him with no discrimination!"
I suppose the bigger question for me is just where the nuke might have ended up after the tsunami; did it get washed out to see and is it still that much a threat sitting out in the bay or at the bottom of the ocean? I mean it's bound to do some damage but I assume it won't be as much out in the ocean, right? Unless of course it's going to randomly show up in one of the many tsunamis that are seemingly patrolling the streets to chase after Ray....cause that's what tsunamis do.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

I should also mention that I have seen cans of monster this size before. It's been a few years however.

It was apparently called the Monster 'BFC'....why would anyone ever need this?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I hope that Staminas Campaign guy has funky fresh lines for every level. Also I noticed in this video that Ray makes a kind of disgusted sound when he finishes chugging the giant buff-man drank, almost as if to say "I can't believe I chugged the whole thing!"
It does have quite a few unique lines but I probably won't be showing off anymore of them as it's annoying enough to collect the signs as is....and there are a lot of signs all total. Like over 200...but the reward for doing it should be worth showing off.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

It'll be a wet, cold day in hell before flood/tsunami/earthquake/life partner death will get to Ray....but how will he fare against the natural disaster that is Gregory?! Shake the magic eight ball! And all signs will point to...murder!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

I'm gonna miss that guy

He had the guts to go totally crazy and enjoyed it
I'm glad you made this gif to show off Gregory's favorite and prized weapon that Ray is able to unlock after shooting 10 grenades out of the air during the boss fight (which I think I mentioned):

Yeah.....that doesn't look like what he was using at all. At least it must do something cool, what with a name like 'Deep Impact'. I mean, what do you guys think it does?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Demonbait posted:

I'll be very disappointed if it's anything other than miniature helicopters that come out of that gun.
Then prepare to be disappointed:

Yup, it's a completely different model, the name means no sense, it's annoying to unlock, and in the end it's not that good of a gun. Thankfully the other boss weapons are marginally better than this one....marginally.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Demonbait posted:

A man can still dream of his gun that shoots helicopters.

(Feel free to come uninstall Paint from my computer, it'd probably be for the best.)
I always love fanart and I always appreciate when I get it. So please keep doing it if anyone feels like it.

Also the next update will probably be Wednesday or maybe sooner depending on how the mood strikes me. I know you all want to know what happens to Ray after he is creamed by a cable car and drowned.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

It's just another relaxing day in the park; hanging out with the mayor and some lovely people that we saved from imminent danger. Now they just have to worry about the forthcoming danger....but you'll have to watch the episode to find out where that's coming from. And no, it's not coming from Ray shooting them.

(also I did gently caress up a bit and this episode won't be coming in the normal blistering HD quality; hopefully that won't be an issue)

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

Proof that the dog is a better hero than Ray.

Unless the dog is also hungry. That's a lot of blood, so that lady might be dead.
Nah, that dog is clearly a hero like Ray is clearly a hero. Also I was trying to get Panzer to have the dog be a corgi like her fat loaf of a dog but apparently her dog is never that helpful (unless helping involves farting or bringing over horribly mangled rawhides).

Szurumbur posted:

I really enjoy this LP and seeing the game but I'm a bit disappointed that you'd decided not use some of the game's amazing hints in the title, especially "If your LIFE is empty, you die" (I think) which is profound on many levels.
I sadly had a lot of trouble thinking of a good title for the thread and I went the safest route I could think of. Homosexual innuendo and disasters.

• Locked thread