Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

C'mon, you goons, bring on the names! Y'all have a reputation to uphold, here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.

Pobama posted:

Bill collectors calling again because this is what you do all day instead of having a job...

More like some rear end in a top hat trying to sell me an "extended warranty" on a car I've never owned.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
toaster

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 662 days!
"Hello, ma'am, this is Jim from Aarons, you really need to return those incubators you leased or we're going to send over our repo guys."

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
goon.jpg

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
volkswagen

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
llyodine

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
sir adolf hitler :D

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I submit Doobie as a chicken name. Also Christ Roberts so we have current SA memes covered.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
humphrey the wonderchicken

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Pobama posted:

"Hello, ma'am, this is Jim from Aarons, you really need to return those incubators you leased or we're going to send over our repo guys."

Repo guys are simply tossed into the coop. Fresh meat.

One name per Goon, guys! Pick one and stick with it! And before we even go down that road, we already have: Dinner, Nugget, Burger, Shake and Fries.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 28, 2014

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
bear senior

edit: sorry :blush:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Hey, if I was making up a backstory on eggs it'd be one Hell of a lot more weird and involve time travel from the dinosaur age. I do know of a person who bought fertile eggs at Trader Joe's, took them home and successfully incubated and hatched them, though. :pwn:

:stare: I want to hear more about this.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Egg 3 just pipped. :woop:

Name suggestion: Megalodon.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 662 days!
You should probably rename Bear AaTrek.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Butt Grump

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Flight MH370

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Tortuga posted:

Flight MH370

This is assuming chickens can fly.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Let's have a Pope Franchick.

SquirrelPrincess
Dec 13, 2004

Naming hat submission: Rocket

Yay Chickam!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Doobie it is then

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

SquirrelPrincess posted:

Naming hat submission: Rocket

Yay Chickam!

We already have a Rocket from last year, sorry.

Three eggs pipped now, #10, 11 and 3. #10 is going at his shell hammer and tongs and popping bits off of it.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Velvet Sparrow posted:

This is assuming chickens can fly.

I thought they could fly unless you clipped their wings?

God, I'm way too interested in chickens now...

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

You can call the one that doesn't hatch neggative.

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.
I usually liken a chick hatching to the scene in Kill Bill Volume 2, where Uma Thurman uses her fist to pound her way out of a coffin.

But instead uses her face.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Name one Chickolas Cage

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Velvet Sparrow posted:

One name per Goon, guys! Pick one and stick with it! And before we even go down that road, we already have: Dinner, Nugget, Burger, Shake and Fries.

Llyodine

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Tortuga posted:

I thought they could fly unless you clipped their wings?

God, I'm way too interested in chickens now...

Depends on the breed, actually. Slender chickens can fly a certain amount--not like sparrows or hawks (unless unwillingly assisted by said hawk) or anything. Mostly they use their wings for jumping up or down off things. Heavy breeds like Cochins or birds with inefficient feathers for flying, like Silkies, can't.

If you think you are interested now, wait till you watch one hatch.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

Velvet Sparrow posted:

i think ill stick with Humprey the Wonderchicken, or HTWC for short.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

#10 is peeping and all pissed off, and you'll see it's beak poking out now and then. In a bit he'll stick his beak out and bitch his brains out.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Waluigi

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Social Justice Warrior

SquirrelPrincess
Dec 13, 2004

Naming hat re-submission: Saturn5

If also already an older name, no worries. I just enjoy watching the chicks every year!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small
I've read that Andalusian chickens are proficient flying chickens!

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
My name suggestion is Tuba.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

Killing Vector posted:

My name suggestion is Tuba.

lol

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

For my name suggestion: Angel Eyes.

Based on the character from the Sergio Leone film "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." Angel Eyes was "The Bad" in the film title. The chook can be "Angel" for short. :angel:

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Bosley is probably the best name for a chicken.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

IDK how this got started, but suggesting Mellotron, same as every year. Will it finally happen? The future holds many surprises. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

name #5: INTERSTELLA5555

• Locked thread