Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small
I've read that Andalusian chickens are proficient flying chickens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

I'll throw the Cougar name in for a Bear egg! Go Bear eggs!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

They are all just ADORABLE! Thank you for the photos VS!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Whew, so relieved there were not half grown embryos in the Bear eggs. Hoping for some fertile Bear eggs with the next hatch! Hatch Number 2, I mean Hatch B, on the way. I'll keep the same name for any Bear egg COUGAR.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

I hope VS does not get angry with me VS and family purchased a new camera a few weeks ago!

piscesbobbie fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 30, 2014

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

I can't wait til the wee ones get bigger and you try to decipher who would possibly be the mom! This is so much fun VS!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

What can I say, ADORABLE :sparkles: :)

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Hi VS. Is there a new list of eggs with numbers detailing who is what?

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Hi VS. It is 1010 pm MDT is the camera supposed to be off? Just wondering

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Velvet Sparrow posted:

The cam is up and running. Reload your page?

Thank you VS!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

So sorry to hear about little Mailbox. RIP little one. :sympathy:

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

VS, is there any news on the other Hatch B eggs in the Reptipro? The pretty blue eggs and the Bear eggs?

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Do you think due to Bear's age her 'womb' is hostile to sperm? I don't know... anyway. Glad you did not find "quitters" in the eggs. That would be so hard/sad. Cam, is he mature enough to have active sperm (I don't know what the proper word for that is)? Just thinking out loud I guess. Hatch C coming up!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

I LOVE that Saturday Night Live episode, love Mr. Walken anyway! :swoon:

Congratulations Spookygonk and FluffyBunnies! :)

Since there are no more Bear Eggs can I change my name from Cougar to Maynard? Thank you VS!

edit: Nevermind, I saw the OP and I am going to hold out hope for a Bear Egg, keep the name Cougar! Come on Bear eggs!

piscesbobbie fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 22, 2014

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Welp, no more pips, I think Hatch D is done at 4 chicks. Needless to say, I am NOT looking forward to breaking out those bantam Cochin eggs since I know there were embryos inside. The Bear eggs I'm fairly certain will be like the ones that came before--infertile.

Meanwhile, we'll be getting pics of the new kids later on and I'll post them.

awww so sorry about the bantam eggs VS. I was holding out for at least one Bear egg, just wasn't meant to be I suppose. Thank you for the great 4 weeks of hatching chickies, what a blast! :)

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Well, I did the break out of the eggs that did not hatch. As expected, none of the Bear eggs were fertile so nothing developed. Mother Nature saying 'Aw HELL nah!' to old lady mothers. With the three bantam Cochin eggs, one had quit during the first week of development, the other two had quit at day 18 or 19--fully developed but no internal pip into the air cell, hadn't turned into hatching position or absorbed the last of the egg yolk. Other than that the chicks looked good. Cause is most likely due to parentage, since the other eggs all developed and hatched just fine.

I'm just not meant to have bantam Cochins. :smith:

awww shucks VS. You don't mean that! You deserve those round floofy feathered creatures! I have no doubt, you will be the owner of some, some day!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Hi VS. It is Friday 747 pm MDT, 647 pm at your place. The camera has been sabotaged!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

OH MY GOD! Weedcat, wishing you a speedy recovery! HOLY CRAP! Get well Big Guy! JEEZ... VS,sending you good thoughts that he won't put up too big of a fuss/fight when you go to bathe him! I'm just amazed! Velociraptors indeed!

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

awww Thanks for the 'story time.' Loved the photos and your narration is always fun to read! :)

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Another funny video from the Gangam Chicken guy. Thinking of Weedcat and Cam! I thought Silkie chickens were a docile breed but I guess not!

http://youtu.be/-h0H-mBOCOM

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

ahahaha very clever!

I'm hoping Cowbell was just testing out HER vocal chords! (do you hear me Cowbell!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

CRIMINY.... gee whiz VS, so sorry about all the roo boys....dang it. I'm still in denial about Cowbell. Cowbell is so pretty and so different from the others.... dang it!@#$

THANK YOU to you, 12String and The Kid for providing us with months of chicks to watch!

I hope all goes well with the juvies! Can't wait to hear stories of the little hoodlums!

• Locked thread