Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bugs are fun! Storm's Freezing Tempest doesn't show as being toggled on in the hotbar, and it also dosen't apply the Max Spirit Reduction.

And Mr. Strange's Mysticism bar will fill up, but the next Incantation used while it's full is still costing Spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Black Panther seems like kind of a mess after his rework.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Mahasamatman posted:

I actually think he's better provided you are in a part of the game where mobile mine field works which is like 80% of the game so it's your fault for playing the other 20% that have corridors and doorways and poo poo.

Signature is objectively bad compared to other cc/damage pbaoe sigs and the entire blade tree is a wasted effort in working harder for less reward.

Still love that stealth, though.

But the patch, as always, is complete and no further iteration is needed. Just look at a new artifact that got added:

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg

Lux Aeterna posted:

I actually think he's better provided you are in a part of the game where mobile mine field works which is like 80% of the game so it's your fault for playing the other 20% that have corridors and doorways and poo poo.

Signature is objectively bad compared to other cc/damage pbaoe sigs and the entire blade tree is a wasted effort in working harder for less reward.

But the patch, as always, is complete and no further iteration is needed. Just look at a new artifact that got added:

It's probably my fault for trying to make the whole bleed then dash thing work but it was pretty poo poo. I take it the correct way to build him is claw attacks and minefield?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lux Aeterna posted:

Was the basic version updated with physical damage too? I saved 2 of all artifacts for this item review coming up (Noah's Ark Inventory) in hopes of good changes.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Lux Aeterna posted:

Is that Juggernaut's new drop? Isn't that just objectively worse than the ACCC in every way?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

So it's an ACCC but without all that pesky health

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

^^ or flavor text ^^

Mahasamatman posted:

It's probably my fault for trying to make the whole bleed then dash thing work but it was pretty poo poo. I take it the correct way to build him is claw attacks and minefield?

I really wanted to make him work and settled on this:

Predator's Frenzy
Savage Strike
Panther Grace
Panther Soul
Jungle Snare
Mobile Mine Field

1 pointers in blessing, smokescreen and the rest in Doras (or stealth since Doras get chomped in cosmics easily)

Just keep snare/strike up and frenzy forever and ever. Mobile mine field is great when it works and comical when super doom walks through it and all 9 go off.

The other artifact is some 400+ energy damage one. No health or anything, but it has some energy defense!

Lux Aeterna fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 28, 2014

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

davebo posted:

The last time I wore it was with the friend who gave it to me, who pointed out I never took the tag off. As though he expects me to dress like that in public.

Break that poo poo out, man. Its an event weekend after all!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lux Aeterna posted:

I really wanted to make him work and settled on this:

Predator's Frenzy
Savage Strike
Panther Grace
Panther Soul
Jungle Snare
Mobile Mine Field

1 pointers in blessing, smokescreen and the rest in Doras (or stealth since Doras get chomped in cosmics easily)

Just keep snare/strike up and frenzy forever and ever. Mobile mine field is great when it works and comical when super doom walks through it and all 9 go off.

This is basically what I was using on test and it's reasonably effective. I may have taken Knife Fan instead of Savage Strike, I don't remember. Sucks donkey balls that the really cool-looking sig isn't worth investing in

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mahasamatman posted:

I'm not much of a fan his post rework, especially with the Blade Fighter tree being such a mess due to bugs and tuning. I get the feeling they are going to have to revisit him again soon, similar to Gambit.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Oh hey excellent, I just got an email with a code for a free random hero box.

Apply MHMGIFT on your account page for a free random hero box containing a starter hero and a bunch of boosts. Worked for me.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Think how cool Wrath of Bast would be if it was an almost exact clone of Kneel Before Me. Ghostcat jumps in, assholes are hypnotized by it and walk toward it/cower/whatever, Ghostcat roars for a second or licks its rear end in a top hat or some poo poo then explodes for non-laughable damage a few seconds later. All on a 15s cooldown.

There's already like a 1s delay on the damage, so why not make something useful out of it

edit: codes worked for me, thanks to both of you

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 28, 2014

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season
I just got an email from Gaz with a free random starter hero box code.

Other people may or may not get them, but you all are welcome to try the code I got to see if it works for you as well:

MHMGIFT

It certainly doesn't look specific to my account.

e:f,b

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Disco Bandit posted:

I just got an email from Gaz with a free random starter hero box code.

Other people may or may not get them, but you all are welcome to try the code I got to see if it works for you as well:

MHMGIFT

It certainly doesn't look specific to my account.

e:f,b

It does work, just tried it. Thanks a lot dude.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Ronco Showtime posted:

Oh hey excellent, I just got an email with a code for a free random hero box.

Apply MHMGIFT on your account page for a free random hero box containing a starter hero and a bunch of boosts. Worked for me.

Worked for me as well

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Toxx this: if that random box gives me Dr Strange, I'll buy 10 random goons a costume of my choice whenever gifting is allowed.

Also, boon party in less than 3 hours. All are welcome and encouraged to come, especially our new players.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Gonna rub my greasy boons all over your tight newbie bodies so hard unnnnh

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Eiffel On You posted:

Toxx this: if that random box gives me Dr Strange, I'll buy 10 random goons a costume of my choice whenever gifting is allowed.

Also, boon party in less than 3 hours. All are welcome and encouraged to come, especially our new players.

*Dr. Strange is not included in this promotion. Purchasing Dr. Strange will not grant a Random Hero Box. Dr. Strange is not one of the possible Heroes received from the Random Hero Box.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Got a Hawkeye. Nifty.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJTlOv_S5E

Doctor Strange trailer for anyone who hasn't seen him in action yet.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That MMGIFT code is limited to starter heroes only. Still cool :)

The only two I don't have are Colossus and Human Torch, so fingers crossed

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The character post mentions Gambit being frail, but I've been playing Staff Gambit (currently level 53) and I'm finding that there are a lot of ways to make a melee Gambit very tanky. I haven't been dying since I respecced from Cards in the mid 30s. I have more HP than my level 60 Jean as well as 30% dodge. My gear setup is:

Unique staff (Death's Black Staff)
Unique all-hero Slot 2 added last patch, Nate Grey's Psionic Armor. It gives Melee DR, %damage to bosses, attack speed, -spirit cost, +power duration (great for Ragin' Cajun), Tenacity and a chance to proc an aoe when you get hit. There's probably a better option out there but this is working out great until I find it.
Cosmic gloves (dodge, health, defense)
Unique Gambit boots (Marauder Boots)
Unique cards (Inficio Aquilus which I want to replace with something better for my build)
Edge of Infinity and Xerogen Crystal for damage
Fearsome Fist of Farallah as a defensive option (It gives a lot of crit every time you dodge, plus some dodge rating, and I dodge constantly)
And a Cosmic Sabretooth Medal for even more beefiness.

It's a lot of defensive-oriented gear but single-target damage with 52 Pickup and Bo Beatdown is through the loving roof, my aoe is good but not stellar, I have enough crit to keep Ragin Cajun up with minimal downtime which is a big damage buff for all allies.

Also, for anyone who, like me, didn't play Staff Gambit because you didn't like the idea of it: It's fun as hell and awesome and you are literally playing gambit from Marvel Vs Capcom. I maxed 52 Pickup, Bo Beatdown, Grand Slam, Savate Expert, Sleight of Hand, and Ragin' Cajun. 1 Point in Cheat Death and House of Cards.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Wow, it's a 1.9gb patch? Guess I'll be missing the boonfest, poo poo.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Soothing Vapors, I think what happened to my forum account is apparently when one person flags you as a troll it pretty much breaks your account and puts you in limbo, because their forum system is held together with sticks and scotch tape.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

Soothing Vapors, I think what happened to my forum account is apparently when one person flags you as a troll it pretty much breaks your account and puts you in limbo, because their forum system is held together with sticks and scotch tape.

Haha, I figured it was something like that

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So is dr.strange worth it? I might try him or nightcrawler since it's a bogo weekend.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
A couple questions while this downloads:

1. How resource intensive is it? I'd like to be able to play on my laptop, which can run things like LoL or DOTA 2 fine, but struggles on Saints Row 4 or Arkham Origins.

2. Does this play more like Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3? (I've only played the 2.0 version of Diablo 3)

3. Can I get new moustaches as loot for Doctor Strange?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

DrManiac posted:

So is dr.strange worth it? I might try him or nightcrawler since it's a bogo weekend.

I'd go with NC, Strange has a lot of cooldowns

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Harlock posted:

That MMGIFT code is limited to starter heroes only. Still cool :)

The only two I don't have are Colossus and Human Torch, so fingers crossed

According to Ryolnir it's the 200 splinter heroes so; BW, Hawkeye, DD, Thing, Storm, and SW.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bieeardo posted:

Got a Hawkeye. Nifty.

I got Hawkeye too, where I just bought the Kate Bishop pack last week. Then taking advantage of the buy a hero get a random hero box I bought Widow (because I got her Thunderbolts costume in a grinder), and got a Widow token inside. I think I'll just break down and buy Moon Knight, but I'm at the point where I own the majority of heroes. I think the only ones I don't have are Cable, Thor, Hulk, Punisher, Daredevil, Colossus, Loki, and Rocket. I'm tempted to buy Rocket, but then they'll be doing something special when the movie comes out.

Though the only announced Character I want is Rogue, but I doubt she's anytime soon.

LordHippoman posted:

1. How resource intensive is it? I'd like to be able to play on my laptop, which can run things like LoL or DOTA 2 fine, but struggles on Saints Row 4 or Arkham Origins.

My system is fairly old, but I can play it. I just have to make sure any resource intensive programs like Itunes is off. I do get slowdowns when there's tons of poo poo on the screen exploding and shooting energy everywhere. I've got a 3 year old Geforce 8800 GT and 4 gigs of ram.

I could run SR4 at crazy high graphics, and I have Diablo 3 maxed up.

The thing that gets me about Diablo 3 is that the character seem to move really sluggish. Everyone has some kind of movement power, if its isn't flying its rolling around. No one in D3 has that kind of mobility.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

DrManiac posted:

Dr. Strange is a dick and isn't participating in the BOGO deal so keep that in mind. Details are here.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

LordHippoman posted:

2. Does this play more like Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3? (I've only played the 2.0 version of Diablo 3)

3. Can I get new moustaches as loot for Doctor Strange?

The number 1 thing to do to make sure this game runs well is to put it on max graphical settings. Don't ask why the lower performance options run worse than the max performance options - never never ask why.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
HELP HOW DO I GEAR

Old thread, old links. The current guide is here.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 4, 2014

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
moved

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 4, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

davebo, here's the thread by Doomsaw I was talking about : [Official Feedback] "Galactic Guardian" upcoming system.

I also seem to remember them saying something about adding another Prestiege level, and that it wouldn't change your name, but I can't find any info on that now.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Goddammit Kheldarn.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Thanks for the code - c'mon Storm or SW!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Suprfli6 posted:

Dr. Strange is a dick and isn't participating in the BOGO deal so keep that in mind. Details are here.

Wow, I can understand not having him be possible in the free drawing part, but it seems kinda hosed that you don't get anything for buying a character new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Anyway, here's the updated link for the gear guide; I'm going to let the old one rot.

I started a guide to evaluating stats in general. It's not done by a long shot, but it's started. I still need to cover Blessings; the short version is get Hela/Odin/the other good one that I'm forgetting.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 28, 2014

• Locked thread