Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Cease to Hope posted:

Okay, that image proves that people who say you should roll at level 1 are wrong and stupid, got it. I can understand that.

Yeah it un-proves a previously accepted method to get max rolls but I just don't care enough to spend that much time and credits to roll at other levels and not have any idea how good the roll is. Plus the difference at 60 is not going to be hugely sufficient. Oh no I lost 12 health send help.

Rolling at level 1 I get to a.) have a general idea how good my roll is based on the compendium and b.) have costume affixes starting at level 1. So it's not "optimal" but there is still a reason to roll affixes early; no need to be dissuaded if you don't super care.

In other news I randomed Deadpool and got DD in the free box (hooray new heroes!). Any tips? Are the guides in our lovely compiled guides up to date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

In other news I randomed Deadpool and got DD in the free box (hooray new heroes!). Any tips? Are the guides in our lovely compiled guides up to date?

The build that's there is fine for most stuff. Apparently people are also just dropping combo spenders entirely and spamming Triple Strike, Rebounding Club, and the crashdown-alike.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
This is a handy site, don't know if it's been posted (I did look though)

http://heroesboost.timtips.com/

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Build slightly updated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gojpH0mJooM

Icy Tendrils casts almost immediately, which is huge for the rest of Doc's skills. So many incantations take forever to shoot off, but there are a few which drop immediately and do great damage.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

nickhimself posted:

Build slightly updated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gojpH0mJooM

Icy Tendrils casts almost immediately, which is huge for the rest of Doc's skills. So many incantations take forever to shoot off, but there are a few which drop immediately and do great damage.

No ranks in powerful group buff? 3/10

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

which powerful group buff? You mean the incantation that drops a limited area for which its effects are active and means anyone who wants to use it is essentially rooted into a small zone prone to heavy boss aoe and constant abuse from ridiculous AI target switching? You're right, there are no ranks in that.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I like using shields of the seraphim, 25% damage negated is very good and you can have a pretty high uptime on it. The heal is the only thing that scales so it's a one point wonder as well.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
So since I missed all the boon parties last night, I am going to suggest that anyone with leftover boons get on today at 9pm GMT/5pm EDT/2pm PDT and that we have a mini boon party of our own.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Midtown Madness now has Doop waves. :v:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Largepotato posted:

Midtown Madness now has Doop waves. :v:

Yeah I got one of these last night, wasn't sure if it was new haha

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Did they ever fix defense so that tanks like Thing were no longer wet paper bags?

Gonna give this another try, although I think I only had Thing and Scarlet Witch on my account. I see Nightcrawler is in the game now and he's always been a fave, maybe I'll drop some money on him...

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Okay I think it's time we set the record straight on RR. Little dude owns and he owns in more ways than your character does.

Dodge? He has it for you and your friends
25% mitigation shield? Why not
Groot status? Will slug it out in 2 cosmic rings without giving a poo poo
Teleport? Close enough
Crit/RIF/Spirit via skills? Yep

He also has stealth and that is the most powerful character attribute in the game. Stealth is 100% damage reduction when it's up.

Oh yeah and BFG is probably one of the best skills in the game even before a 52 rework.

People say Rocket is a pet class and there are 2 issues with that:
1. Groot isn't anyone's pet
2. Pets aren't worth gearing for in this game (unfortunately)

So what does Rocket have? He has some DoTs that can provide a % of your damage and Groot who will just facetank cosmics for you. They're worth putting points into but gearing for them is pretty much trying to polish a turd.

Building Rocket is easy. You treat BFG as the one true skill and dedicate all of your gearing toward it. Your max point skills are:

Big Flarkin' Gun
Groot
Procyonoid Senses
Blaster Turret
Suppression Turret

~10 points into personal defscreen
1 into Shrewd Dude
1 Wily Scavenger
1 Timely Recovery if you're a baby
Rest into Gravity mine so 17?

make it look something like this and know you can get to 40 BFG.

GEARING

Gearing isn't complicated. Uniques for slots 1,2,3 and 5. 3 should be Apprehendroid Array, not the summon one. The pants are going to be a tricky one and by tricky I mean you're going to collect a lot of pants in x-def. You want +bfg, hp, spirit ideally on a cosmic but an epic will do. The epic-> cosmic recipe is supposed to be making a return so that's another +1 on top of it and if you get lucky you'll get the dps cosmic aura. This little dude gets great.

Doc ock medal, Gibborim relic, and River of the Soul on a def/ranged uru. This gets your BFG into 35+ seconds of holding down the button territory. Crit damage on costume because gently caress it we have stealth and if you die it's because you picked the wrong fight. Get a fighting or energy core with 25% hp/sp.

Artifacts are all dps all the time- HoD, GoK, Shi'ar, Adv Skrull, Pluvian, PPS, or that new +energy artifact that just came out with juggernaut. Rocket is one of a handful of characters that gets the full benefit from the "+damage rating to enemies that aren't attacking you" stat and that is a lot of damage rating. Hela blessings because 50% crit and 35%+ brutal is doable. PSS is a waste since he really doesn't get hit at all.

What does that translate to? Solo you can easily hit 90k crits and 130k brutals every .5 seconds as long as you're aiming in the general direction of where the bad guys are. In x-def with buffs I've seen it creep past 160k brutal ticks. Groot is also punching stuff in the face for 50k during this for good measure. Both Groot and Gravity Mine suck enemies together from range, meaning cosmic trash is gone in a second with that amount of damage and elites aren't dealing damage to you anyway because groot is there and you're invisible.

In x-def you get that 1500+ damage rating bonus 100% of the time on the blue mobs from skrull and shi'ar. The best part of having skrull and shi'ar is when you see your brutals go from 150k to 100k, you know that you're about to get hit so you just stealth away.

Oh and put your turrets down for bosses. The damage does help and having 7 total targets to hit gives you even more time to just chill off to the side with your crit hose.

Lux Aeterna fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 29, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Following Eiffel/ICR's Wolferine build here (although no Pym's): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3583020&pagenumber=353&perpage=40#post427311646 (possible add to the builds list?). Two questions about it: First, can I max Healing Factor over Adamantium Skeleton? Regen ~13K health per minute plus a decent amount of health on hit sounds nice. Second, is using Maht's and Bloody Slash over Hack and Slash at all a good idea?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Following Eiffel/ICR's Wolferine build here (although no Pym's): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3583020&pagenumber=353&perpage=40#post427311646 (possible add to the builds list?). Two questions about it: First, can I max Healing Factor over Adamantium Skeleton? Regen ~13K health per minute plus a decent amount of health on hit sounds nice. Second, is using Maht's and Bloody Slash over Hack and Slash at all a good idea?

Absolutely. You will be fine if you do that. The little child destroys things so quickly with the Brutal Slash and Eviscerate, you can make that work easily. Give it a go!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Don't forget to log in sometime today to get a big pile of stuff.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Holy poo poo. Please tell me you did that while it was boosted.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Cease to Hope posted:

If you can explain to me in small words what you proved and why it matters, okay.

Bear in mind, you have two obstacles to overcome. First, I don't care, and second, I'm retarded.

How can you make giant rear end, math-oriented, min-max centered effort posts and then say you don't care about a math-filled min/max oriented effortpost? The mind boggles

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Alright, I'm new but I have a question or two.

I can't seem to turn in the Wonder Man "Learn the crafting system' mission despite having three simple nanotech filaments. Should I just keep farming them til it lets me?

Yesterday I was trying to revive a buddy and while I could alt+click on him to bring up a menu, it wouldn't let me click revive. Any clue as to why this is?

Also I completed The Hood's mission, and it said it was rewarding me with a rune. I got all stoked and then it wasn't in my inventory. I guess you have to explicitly accept stuff like that? I am sad :(

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

Thats amazing damage, what are you using/what is your build?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I'm definitely warming up to Doc. I didn't like him much on Test, but leveling him up normally (well, as normally as any of us do at this point) and getting his powers one at a time so I can figure out what they do as opposed to just boosting to 60 is making me get a better feel for him. It also helps that his powerset makes sure no one else can see what the hell is going on, and his voice actor makes him sound like a total smug dick :smug:

Nativity In Black posted:

Alright, I'm new but I have a question or two.

I can't seem to turn in the Wonder Man "Learn the crafting system' mission despite having three simple nanotech filaments. Should I just keep farming them til it lets me?

Yesterday I was trying to revive a buddy and while I could alt+click on him to bring up a menu, it wouldn't let me click revive. Any clue as to why this is?

Also I completed The Hood's mission, and it said it was rewarding me with a rune. I got all stoked and then it wasn't in my inventory. I guess you have to explicitly accept stuff like that? I am sad :(

1) Not sure, I've never had a problem with that. Usually I just have to talk to Wonder Man, I don't think I've ever needed anything in my inventory.

2) I've never tried to revive someone by alt-clicking to bring up a menu, usually I just click the downed guy on the screen. Are you sure he hadn't released?

3) I've never seen a rune reward for The Hood -- are you thinking of the Tablet of Life and Time (I don't remember the story well enough to know if that's something you get there)? If so, that's just a story/quest item, not a real item. If I recall correctly, you do get a power point for finishing that once you go back to the hub.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 29, 2014

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm definitely warming up to Doc. I didn't like him much on Test, but leveling him up normally (well, as normally as any of us do at this point) and getting his powers one at a time so I can figure out what they do as opposed to just boosting to 60 is making me get a better feel for him. It also helps that his powerset makes sure no one else can see what the hell is going on, and his voice actor makes him sound like a total smug dick :smug:

1) Not sure, I've never had a problem with that. Usually I just have to talk to Wonder Man, I don't think I've ever needed anything in my inventory.

2) I've never tried to revive someone by alt-clicking to bring up a menu, usually I just click the downed guy on the screen. Are you sure he hadn't released?

3) I've never seen a rune reward for The Hood -- are you thinking of the Tablet of Life and Time (I don't remember the story well enough to know if that's something you get there)? If so, that's just a story/quest item, not a real item. If I recall correctly, you do get a power point for finishing that once you go back to the hub.

I was drinking when it happened, but I coulda sworn it said it was gonna give me a rune. I guess I'm not as worried about that as every time I try to talk to Wonder Man he just tells me that if I still don't have the nanotech filaments I can get them by beating up bad guys.

Edit: I finally found a thread on the Marvel Heroes forum where other people are having the same issue. Posts are all from today, so I'm guessing something in the update busted it.

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 29, 2014

Grnegsnspm
Oct 20, 2003

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarian 2: Electric Boogaloo
Yeah, I have the same issue with the Wonderman quest. Figure something just broke during the update.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

What's a good single-target for Hawkeye? Rocket Arrow feels a little clunky to me.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
I still don't know if I like Dr. Strange. I switched to Tasker's sperg build from the marvelheroes forums and it plays better, but I still don't like how spammy this rear end in a top hat is. If I had a macro keyboard id probably just macro all my incantations to one key and mash the gently caress out of it and hold down Daggers.

Definitely getting him to 60 and giving Mr. Panther a whirl.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

What's a good single-target for Hawkeye? Rocket Arrow feels a little clunky to me.

Just do an explosive arrow build and use explosive arrow for absolutely everything.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

StashAugustine posted:

Pyms arrow/Explosive arrow. Repeat until you realize Hawkeye sucks

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Psyker posted:

Definitely getting him to 60 and giving Mr. Panther a whirl.

Is panther that good? Are pubbies that bad? How excited are you to find out?

Lux Aeterna fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 29, 2014

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Lux Aeterna posted:

The group you were in was absolutely horrible. Look how many times all of your teammates died. Jesus christ

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Psyker posted:

Just do an explosive arrow build and use explosive arrow for absolutely everything.

Something like this then? http://marvelbase.com./builds/generator/hawkeye#vM2q2v2MbvKvvG2vK2K/0.221.39.193.0.2.3.0.101.103

Also his quiver gives a shitload of ranks to Wave of Arrows, is it worth using if I happen upon it?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Something like this then? http://marvelbase.com./builds/generator/hawkeye#vM2q2v2MbvKvvG2vK2K/0.221.39.193.0.2.3.0.101.103

Also his quiver gives a shitload of ranks to Wave of Arrows, is it worth using if I happen upon it?

The problem with wave of arrows is that it's designed like a shotgun blast - the closer to target you are, the more damage it does because each arrow in the shot does damage individually. It favors close combat builds entirely. So no, not unless you want to go melee hawk guy.

I can't argue with any of the info found in this guy's thread. The problem I had with Hawkeye was that he was very meh until around 45, then noticeably began hitting -hard-. Especially if you have your Gungnir leveled to 2 or 3 at that point.

Psyker fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 29, 2014

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Lux Aeterna posted:

I've been thinking about putting together an effort post about this, but I really think you gain almost no information from a damage meter screenshot. Maybe you can gain information comparing individuals in the same exact run I guess, but then you need to know something about how competent the others in that same x-def are.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

http://marvelbase.com./builds/generator/hawkeye#vM2M22v2MvKvvv22KvAK/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0 is what I run, for reference. His damage and survivability are still really low, unfortunately.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

http://marvelbase.com./builds/generator/hawkeye#vM2M22v2MvKvvv22KvAK/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0 is what I run, for reference. His damage and survivability are still really low, unfortunately.

You do realize that your explosive arrow does more damage then 3RB, and faster, and in an AoE, and with the potential to penetrate through the boss and the pack of mobs around it triggering the EA again each time it hits until it doesn't penetrate, right?

3RB is bad.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Black Panther desperately needs a post-rework revamp in the style of Daredevil or Gambit. His signature is so awful.

The build linked earlier is pretty good, but I really wish signature were "must-have" abilities. It feels really lame when a hero has a bad signature ability.

Mahasamatman fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 29, 2014

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, I started off with Luke Cage and got Storm free from the gift code, and this game is really good. I've only beaten The Raft, but it has a lot of the stuff I loved in Diablo (and Iron Fist is my favorite Marvel guy), and the story seems fun.

My only complaint would be difficulty. Green Goblin almost never got a chance to attack. Does it ramp up and get harder later, or should I up the difficulty level, and if so, how?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LordHippoman posted:

So, I started off with Luke Cage and got Storm free from the gift code, and this game is really good. I've only beaten The Raft, but it has a lot of the stuff I loved in Diablo (and Iron Fist is my favorite Marvel guy), and the story seems fun.

My only complaint would be difficulty. Green Goblin almost never got a chance to attack. Does it ramp up and get harder later, or should I up the difficulty level, and if so, how?

The story mode is never, ever hard but the end-game stuff gets challenging until you've got great gear.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

LordHippoman posted:

In story mode, not really. You can challenge yourself in other modes though.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Does the difficulty I'm in (normal heroic superheroic) make a difference with xdef or MM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Nope, only in the actual story areas.

• Locked thread