Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The title is pretty dishonest, acts are significantly longer in Diablo.

This game is pretty amazing and all though so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
RIP server.

e; ahaha, boons rolled back.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Doctor Strange feels a bit insane, with some gear so can you just poo poo out your incantations constantly and they do huge AOE damage. You melt X-defense waves.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I like using shields of the seraphim, 25% damage negated is very good and you can have a pretty high uptime on it. The heal is the only thing that scales so it's a one point wonder as well.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1027874#Comment_1027874

Cosmic prestige was serious, enjoy your poopsocking.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Andrigaar posted:

First villain and only 25 more splinters than a random box? Sold.

Loki, noted non-villain.

e; oh hey, new page

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Pimpmust posted:

Legendary quests (with rerolling to stick to Midtown if you got the cash) is generally the go-to.

Not that you should feel any rush to get to 60, 52 maybe for the synergy bonus, but there's really nothing new/special at 60 currently to rush it.

The 25% bonus experience from your first level 60 is a pretty significant step from the 3% he'll have at 50.

e; it's 30% even

Kainser fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 3, 2014

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
There are already people who want to be reverted to Red Prestige :allears:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/81047/for-those-of-us-regretting-their-cosmic-prestige#latest

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

mikeraskol posted:

How the hell do you level up the crafter anyways? He's level 10 and this thing is moving at a snail's pace.

Pick up everything Green and above and donate it. Yeah, you'll have to bodyslide to the crafter a lot but I maxed out my crafter in less than three characters leveled to 60 vOv (although that was admittedly back in August when leveling was a lot slower.).

e; a trick I recently noticed that might help people; Logging out of the game will move you to the entrance of the zone and reset your bodyslide cooldown when you log back in. That helps a lot when you are powerleveling and completing Legendary quests faster than your Bodyslide cools down.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Jedit posted:

Greens and Blues are worth way less than Purples. If you're in X-Def you'll be able to fill your inventory with purps without much effort, so don't pick up anything blue or green.

Greens and Blues are still worth enough that you should pick them up if you really care about leveling your vendors, particularly now that they increased your inventory space so that you don't have to go back to base as often. If you want to take a more relaxed attitude (which I recommend even, I only did the 'loot everything green and above' for my crafter and let the rest hit level 20 over a few months) to it then that's fine.

But yes it's obviously mainly for when you aren't doing X-def / Holo-sim, they are a bit different.

e; actually on a second reading of your post so does it seem like that's what you are saying :downs:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
People in this thread really tends to underestimate how much time it takes for people to level up their first few characters.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Carados posted:

It's also worth noting they use the same AI for all summons, so they're functionally useless against many bosses because they have no ability to not get hit by everything.

Teamups currently take 50% less AOE damage and they have said that they might end up increasing that number so that they won't just instantly die to cosmic rings for what it's worth.

e; The problem with teamups for me is that I don't see the incentive to get more than one teamup hero. You get one of them which has pretty generic bonuses and you're pretty much set unless they release a teamup you really like thematically. That might become an issue for Gaz.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 10, 2014

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

WarLocke posted:

Once you get past her two passives, two toggles, you can maybe max two hexes if you're okay with a 1-point basic. Blah.

You don't need to max all that man.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
They are going to buff some of the legendary items again by the way:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/83778/feedback-requested-legendary-item-buffs-part-2/p1

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Ghostlight posted:

Why do Magik's demons have player collision?? :arghfist::ssj:

Why do you hate on amazing features. Get Magik and run with the 10 small demons all day.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
All Juggernauts abilities should be various movement abilities. Nothing stops the Juggernaut.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Flameingblack posted:

You don't get to save that Promo code, it's going away. I think it might have ended again today, actually.

He's saving the token you get from using the code, not the actual code.

I'm not sure if new heroes are added to previously existing tokens though.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Kelp Plankton posted:

Mega Pack MkII is now available.

$200 for every character from 2013, one costume for each of them, a permanent 5% bonus to XP, Rarity and Special find, all the stash pages for those heroes, and some other stuff. Headpool's in there.

I'm not saying it's a good idea to buy everything, but if you want to buy everything this is a good deal.

Doesn't include any Advance Pack characters (aka 2014 ones), but they'll probably do a mk3 with those at some point I guess. Or continue to sell them as year-based bundles? That might be a way to go.

I can't believe I'm seriously considering buying this for the 5% bonuses :negative:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Swagger Dagger posted:

Me neither, 5% is beyond trivial

The 5% wouldn't be the only reason obviously, I could use a lot of the rest of it :v:

But yeah, I'm not *that* big of a whale.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Hey man, don't forget about those sweet ult tokens you get if you already have the heroes :shepface:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Aphrodite posted:

Hero defaults need to be their current costume, I think.

Platypus Farm posted:

Yeah, like Aphrodite said, the 90s costumes are always available at launch, but marvel requires the current look to be the default costume.

The hero they released today has her classic costume as her default. There is no 100% applicable rule for which costume is the default one.

(other examples being Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch etc.)

Kainser fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 30, 2014

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Yeah, I don't think their business model for the teamups will be very viable. You only really need one and you're set for life unless they release one you *really* like thematically.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

malhavok posted:

What's that handy website with the event timers again?

http://www.hub4heroes.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I find it a bit hilarious that this thread gets a lot more upset over people sperging out over costumes than The Dink herself seems to get.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 13, 2014

• Locked thread