Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I installed this game yesterday and hit some dudes with a crowbar. It was pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Alright, I'm new but I have a question or two.

I can't seem to turn in the Wonder Man "Learn the crafting system' mission despite having three simple nanotech filaments. Should I just keep farming them til it lets me?

Yesterday I was trying to revive a buddy and while I could alt+click on him to bring up a menu, it wouldn't let me click revive. Any clue as to why this is?

Also I completed The Hood's mission, and it said it was rewarding me with a rune. I got all stoked and then it wasn't in my inventory. I guess you have to explicitly accept stuff like that? I am sad :(

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm definitely warming up to Doc. I didn't like him much on Test, but leveling him up normally (well, as normally as any of us do at this point) and getting his powers one at a time so I can figure out what they do as opposed to just boosting to 60 is making me get a better feel for him. It also helps that his powerset makes sure no one else can see what the hell is going on, and his voice actor makes him sound like a total smug dick :smug:

1) Not sure, I've never had a problem with that. Usually I just have to talk to Wonder Man, I don't think I've ever needed anything in my inventory.

2) I've never tried to revive someone by alt-clicking to bring up a menu, usually I just click the downed guy on the screen. Are you sure he hadn't released?

3) I've never seen a rune reward for The Hood -- are you thinking of the Tablet of Life and Time (I don't remember the story well enough to know if that's something you get there)? If so, that's just a story/quest item, not a real item. If I recall correctly, you do get a power point for finishing that once you go back to the hub.

I was drinking when it happened, but I coulda sworn it said it was gonna give me a rune. I guess I'm not as worried about that as every time I try to talk to Wonder Man he just tells me that if I still don't have the nanotech filaments I can get them by beating up bad guys.

Edit: I finally found a thread on the Marvel Heroes forum where other people are having the same issue. Posts are all from today, so I'm guessing something in the update busted it.

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 29, 2014

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Just finished the story for the first time as Luke Cage. I'm gonna probably retcon tomorrow and start worrying about gear. This game is fun. I can't decide if I wanna prestige Luke once or move straight to my other characters once I get him up to 60.

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 3, 2014

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

I started this game two weeks or so ago with Luke and he's been poo poo tons of fun. Vehicular Manslaughter may not do the most damage in the world but nothing really compares to having a car appear out of thin air and throwing it at a mob of goons.

Also it's pretty fun doing Midtown and you're off fighting waves of dudes and you realize that the super villains have been out for a bit, so you go over and finish 'em all off with Dempsey Rolls like, "You other heroes need my help again, don't be afraid to ask. I'll be pummeling dudes over here."

All while spouting off lines that sound like they belong in Blacksploitation movies.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

I've got some bovenheim portals but I haven't hit 60 with Luke yet and also I'm not in groot force. Hopefully before this double ends?

I have so loving many games in my backlog and I just want to keep smashing things.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

This double weekend is treating me quite well so far. Managed to acquire an ASSS and a Pym's in short order, as well as a several uniques. Hit level 50 and popped on the ASSS and a unique I was holding on to and my health went up ~5k.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Just popping in to say that Lady Deathstrike with Mortal Strike is some bullshit. "What's up? I just critted for half your health and your health regen doesn't work for a but. Run away."

Also is it just me or does your current legendary quest effect what spawns in Midtown/HOLOSIM. It seems like every time I need to fight MGH Brutes or something in Midtown they don't spawn for the first 10 minutes. I had to kill invaders, so I popped into HOLOSIM and proceeded to go the first 4-5 rounds without getting the Brood waves when they've been the first one for me every time before (which granted is like 6. HOLOSIM isn't that fun to me.

5 more levels. (Then maybe some equipment grinding before I try out SW or Torch)

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

I'm a little drunk and I don't want to go around "reading" "threads" right now, so my question is am I the only person getting this?

I don't feel like uninstalling and reinstalling this whole loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Zeike posted:

I get that all the time, it doesnt reinstall the game.

No like it normally says installing 1 of 1, and then launches eventually. This as been sitting at installing of for a long time and done nothing.

Edit: Restarting Steam seems to have fixed it.

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 17, 2014

• Locked thread