Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

What's the boon ante for the party? I've only got like 20 of each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

canada jezus posted:

I've got a pss though. I hope my spirit needs will be fixed once i beg/steal an uru and put lunar eclipse on it. (currently i've got bonebreaker).

Play XDef if you need urus, you'll probably get one every match or two.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

So if there's a BOGO sale, which cheap hero should I be looking at? I already have Scarlet Witch.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

AzraelNewtype posted:

Cards are for spending cash money, not just play.

That.. happened? I'm still on the roof, there were a bunch of Groot Force members, now there aren't. Never saw it go off.

It happened and then it disconnected and everyone rolled back.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

We all grouped up for different boonfests.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Any Punisher tips? All his passives look amazing (1.3K damage rating vs. scared enemies, 40% chance to fear on death?) but I don't really know which to max and which to leave. He also looks like he'll only have like 5 active abilities.

e: does the fear effect on Punish the Guilty apply to bosses?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 29, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I wonder if they could change it so fear/taunt/stun always works for full time for purposes of your abilities regardless of enemy CC immunity.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Following Eiffel/ICR's Wolferine build here (although no Pym's): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3583020&pagenumber=353&perpage=40#post427311646 (possible add to the builds list?). Two questions about it: First, can I max Healing Factor over Adamantium Skeleton? Regen ~13K health per minute plus a decent amount of health on hit sounds nice. Second, is using Maht's and Bloody Slash over Hack and Slash at all a good idea?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

What's a good single-target for Hawkeye? Rocket Arrow feels a little clunky to me.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Psyker posted:

Just do an explosive arrow build and use explosive arrow for absolutely everything.

Something like this then? http://marvelbase.com./builds/generator/hawkeye#vM2q2v2MbvKvvG2vK2K/0.221.39.193.0.2.3.0.101.103

Also his quiver gives a shitload of ranks to Wave of Arrows, is it worth using if I happen upon it?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

cbservo posted:

Gotcha. What about cable, for the people who afre wary when it comes to Trasker's writeups? is Kinetic Repulsion a go or no go?

http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/cable#vMjM2vvvq22U22GKv/71.222.49.0.0.0.0.0.95.0

If you can get Cable's unique armor with its shitloads of health and a revive on a 10 min cooldown, he's actually pretty survivable between Vigilant Aura, TO Reconstruction, and KR/Barrier. His slot 5 is also really, really good- it makes all your Psion powers cheaper and better. I max Grenade cause I play XDef and like large DOT fields, plus combined with Oroborous you can get a shitload of regen. I'm honestly not sure where I'd stick the points from it though- probably max Reconstruction and put the rest into Repulsion. KR is situational but pretty cool if you can get it to work.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

WarLocke posted:

So, random questions while I wait for the game to download:

- Besides a different name color and a free costume what does prestiging actually do? Is there a cap on how much you can do it or is it basically a time sink for spergs? Do people actually do it or just level to 60 and gear up?

- Did they ever add more story content or do you go through the same story and end up fighting Doom again on every character?

- I've forgotten, can you rebind hotkeys? Or maybe use WASD for movement instead of left-clicking?

For the record, the last time I played Midtown had just been added to the game and Emma Frost was being hyped as the next new character.

-It gets you a pet (which is then useful for donating to vendors, but that's another story) and you can only do it like 6 times. Personally I like running alts.
-There's one more act but it's not a huge thing. What is a huge thing is legendary quests, X-Defense, Midtown Manhattan- there's a bunch of ways to level outside of the story.
-I know you can at least hack the keybinds, but I'm pretty sure you can change in game. WASD is out but you can use W to move.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The Diddler posted:

You get to *buy* the pet, correct? I've prestiged a handful of times, and as far as I could tell I just got the option to buy a new pet.

Yeah but from what I understand it's a pretty good way to turn credits into vendor XP.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Just had an XDef where a goon Dr. Strange did over 100 million damage :stare:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Incidentally, what heroes should use defense uru-forged items rather than offense?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I hear Cap is all right and know Iron Man is a god among men.

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 31, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Storyline rewards guide (correct me if I'm wrong.)

-Teleport to Subway, run past/kill Electro, kill Dock Ock. 25 Health
-Teleport to Taskmaster, kill Taskmaster. Rarity boost
-Teleport to Hideout, kill Hood. 1 PP
-*Teleport to Outpost, talk to SHIELD guy there. Motion Tracker (Crit rating, damage vs. distant enemies, reveals enemies.)
-*Teleport to Buccaneer Beach, find Hydra Outpost, complete The Lost Patrol. Vendor summon
-Teleport to Bamboo Forest, complete Snakes in the Grass. 5 Spirit
-*Teleport to Lowtown, go backwards, complete Brood Scouts. Crafter Summon
-*Teleport to Lowtown, talk to Yukio, find items. Yukio's Charm (Melee damage, regen.)
-Teleport to Upper East Side, go to police station, kill Bullseye. Retcon
-Teleport to Fisk Tower, kill Kingpin. 1 PP
-Teleport to Church of Purification, kill Juggernaut. 50 Health
-Teleport to Command Bunker, kill Pyro/Magneto. 5 Spirit
-*Teleport to Dinosaur Jungle, talk to Maht, find Sauron's Cave, teleport to Infested Jungle, teleport to Mutate Marsh, find Evolution Facilitym all the while killing the proper bugs. Maht's Arrowhead (Bleed proc, restore Spirit on bleed.)
-Teleport to Sinister Lab, kill Mr. Sinister. XP Boost
-*Teleport to Dinosaur Jungle, find Sauron's Cave, kill Sauron. Ka-Zar's Pendant (Crit on movement, move speed, chance to heal on Movement hit.)
-Teleport to SHIELD Science Station, complete quest. 1 PP
-Teleport to Mutate Marsh, find Evolution Facility, blow up genemod, kill Bonebreaker. 50 Health
-Go to AIM Facility, kill MODOK, go to Hydra Island, kill Mandarin. 5 Spirit
-Teleport to Ancient Ruins, go through Bifrost. 1PP
-*Kill Malekith, kill Loki. 5 Spirit

Asterisks mark optional stuff (gives you kinda useless stuff, unless you happen to need that artifact.) and Loki, who is a massive pain.

If you've beaten the story once on each difficulty, then you can use that character to unlock waypoints for you. Just switch to that character/difficulty, teleport there, and switch. If you can't switch (ie inside of Fisk Tower) you can usually back out of the instance and switch right outside. (Note that as far as I know there's no way to go to Hydra Island without defeating AIM first.)

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 1, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Madcosby posted:

Ah, this is the list I've needed. Do I have to do this on each character or only one? And if I do it on differnet difficulties, do the bonuses stack?

Do it on every character and on every difficulty. Also I'll mention this above but once you've beaten the story on each difficulty, you can use that guy to teleport your guys around.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Thanks, fixed. (Also, why do no quests give SIF potions?)
Raid groups seem to be working on live, a bunch of people on Mumble last night were doing it.

e:^ but they're not Rare either :colbert:

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 31, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

WarLocke posted:

A bunch of the LQs I'm getting on my low-30s characters specify they have to be done in Heroic mode, which you have to finish the story in Normal to get to, right? So how do I level a new character with those if it can't get into Heroic mode because I've been leveling via MM/XDef/LQ instead of the story?

Heroic unlocks at 25.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Basically you can't swap specs willy-nilly but accidentally putting points into a bad skill or not holding points back when you level up isn't the end of the world. (I do wish they'd have a dual-spec option so I could experiment with terrible builds like melee Hawkeye or mental Jean.)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Any word on Black Widow?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

This almost makes up for pushing Black Widow back a month.

e: buy him now or wait for a bogo so I have another cheap hero... are there any more 200-splinter guys coming out?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 3, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I love the SG chat in the background

so this patch contains nothing of what they said it would
but it does have taskmaster
???
gaz

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Confirmed: Mortal Strike/Missile Reflect is solid Grade-A bullshit.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Taskmaster: use Dual Wield as basic, Rebounding Shield/Dismember, and his 3 passives?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

yesssss

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

why are people so happy about him going nuts?

Because it's really funny?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

What characters *need* PSS/Atlantean the most? Or alternately, who are they most useful on? I've only got one of each and didn't wanna put 'em on the wrong guy.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Madcosby posted:

I scored an Iron Man, pretty happy with him; he's a lot of fun, but I don't understand his Force Shield power. It seems I only need to push it once, and as long as I have shield meter, am I getting the negate damage effect? Or should I be refreshing it with the power more often?

He gets a power later to turn shields into spirit and another which passively regenerates his shields. Once you've got those, just top off his shields they get low and that's about it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

WarLocke posted:

This Nightcrawler Shadowmeld+Divebomb 'stealthbomber' build is pretty ridiculous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xifkoJKu08&t=43s

I'm using it at 30 (the no-swords version) and it's hilariously effective as long as my spirit holds out. Here's the official forum thread:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/64900/stealthbomber-build-guide-gameplay-video

I'm not sure about maxing Shadowmeld, it doesn't give that much regen and points don't affect the duration.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

warrencanadian posted:

I really need to sit down and come up with a good build for hawkeye. I want to like him, and I feel like my plan should be handling groups by hitting electric arrow and then tear gas, but the electric arrow is just flaky as hell at stunning/damaging anyone but the one guy it hits first. Maybe I'll retcon him and try melee for a lark.

Try explosive arrow- good AOE and damage, less finicky.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Harlock posted:

Started playing Punisher today and he's actually pretty fun. I think I generally like most ranged heroes over melee ones.

What build are you using? I really wanted to like Punisher but I found him dreadfully boring.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Black Widow :smith:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

His modern costume is cheap and pretty decent.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Giedroyc posted:

Right so rather than do the story each time (which considering I was in beta and so I've already done the first 4 chapters more times than I'd care to remember) you can just level 1-20 in Manhattan Patrol, then do legendary quests for massive XP afterwards before doing some of the other survival modes? Some legendary quests involve playing the story dungeons on heroic difficulty so do you have to play that to unlock all the SHIELD points again?

Got Storm from level 1 to level 14 last night in under an hour playing Manhattan Patrol which is pretty fun.

Waypoints unlock when you have the relevant legendary. You should still jump in the story to do certain quests for the rewards, but once you've done it once (well 3 times, once per difficulty) you can use him to go to the waypoints and then switch characters.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Cable is pretty awesome- good gun basic and then tons of different DoTs. Cyclops is incredibly one-note but pretty good right now.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Duke Chin posted:

Wait, random lovely artifacts can vegazzle my costumes? Cause I got a handful that are crap and ol' Frank is boring looking.

Crafters can put artifact visuals on costumes at the cost of the artifact. Verdant Vials of Valtorr, for example, are really terrible but have a Black Cloud effect which you can put on a costume. Not all artifacts have visuals though.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

One hero at 60 is like a 30% XP boost and 2 is 50%. You also get 3 free XP boosters per character and however many you get from fortune cards (drops/cube shards). Don't prestige unless you've got nothing better to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I had my crafter maxed at around my second 60.

• Locked thread