Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just got my access to this game after backing the $15 tier on Kickstarter. I'm a bit dissapointed that my PC can't run it, but then again, it's like 8 years old. The test map is fine, the old countryside map with the loop can go to less than 1fps if I hang out by the loop. I think it's all the cow AIs or something.

I know they're going to port it to Mac, I just wish it was on that already, seeing as that computer is only a year or so old. (Plus, my PC could run Bioshock Infinite at a constant healthy framerate, so I imagine it's just they haven't optimized this game at all yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pierson posted:

Whoa, what, where'd you get that? I thought kickstarter dudes at $15 only got the game on release and not EA?

Nope, we got it a week later, but we have it now. You should have gotten an email linking you to the Humble Bundle website. You click that link, or go to your profile and at the bottom of the page is a link for the game. Click that and you can redeem it into your library.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Do they have a RSS for the updates to the game? I'm just wondering how quickly this game gets updated, and what is updated at that time.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I was playing this yesterday, and besides the low framerate, I also noticed that the game has cards now. I got two Halfwit Harry cards before the toxic plant went to about 1 frame per minute, and I had to force quit the game.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hatman101 posted:

I'm offering the same thing but it'll have to be email as I don't have PMs. First to quote gets it.

No one else? I'll take it, but I already have the game. I'm going to re-gift it, if that's alright. Or you can wait for someone to quote you who doesn't have the game yet.

IUG fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 15, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Q_res posted:

I'd like to get this, if I can.

I just forwarded it to you as I didn't have anyone in mind right away. So you have fun with Hatman101's gift!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there a way to see what's been updated besides these streams? I don't really want to watch a (normally) 2 hour stream for an update. And in this case I was at work when this stream went online.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I see in one update they claimed to add the "Peds on Map" power up. Has anyone found this yet? I've been scouring some maps trying to find it. The one benefit is there's some neat areas in the levels I haven't seen before.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I have those Lee Grove tracks in iTunes, as the Mac version of the game had them as just audio tracks that you could play like any music CD. Track "01" is the data of the game, the rest is the audio. I assume the Windows version of the game was the same way.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Both brothers or just one?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Fine, so long they finish the game, and it's not buggy, I don't care. I'm not 100% confident that they can do that, since they keep skipping their live streams. But I'm not going to throw a poo poo fit that I'm now paying more for this game than the people who are getting it on sale now. Hell, getting the original first two games for free was nice, and not something listed from the Kickstarter.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

LookieLoo posted:

This game has been sitting on my wishlist for 6 months, and now after I've bought it I start to hear how unfinished it still is and that development might be stalled. I'm dissapointed but not surprised that it ended up like that.
Of everything that I'm just now looking at the performance is the thing that concerns me most, can I even run it on my 6 year old Core2Duo and GeForce8800GT?
I remember reading that they had multiplayer going but has that made it into the game yet?

Nostalgia and hype are bad reasons to buy an unreleased game but I just don't learn.

This is my old desktop's setup. It'll run, it'll be slow, and you need to turn down a lot of the settings, but it will play. Except for the chemical plant level sometimes. Load times are also a bear.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Just saw this on Facebook. It looks like they're entering beta with Career mode, achievements, etc.

http://www.carmageddon.com/news/valentines-day-massacre

quote:

Hey Carmafans! Nobby here, with HUGE NEWS of a HOT DATE for your diaries! Love is in the air, and I know every one of you Carmageddon Heads out there is a die-hard ROMANTIC… So that’s why we’ve chosen February 14th – Valentine’s Day – as the launch date for the Public Beta release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation! That’s right, this is going to be the Valentine’s Day Massacre to beat ‘em all!

Why not give the one you love the gift of CARNAGE on this special occasion, by buying them Carmageddon: Reincarnation and smashing them to smithereens in a wanton orgy of multiplayer mayhem! Give them a great big kiss on the backside with your pulsating Repulsificator, or maybe play Twister and screw their brains out! Get them gobbling your giant mutant tail thing while you oscillate up and down to the rhythm of their frantic ejaculations! There’s going to be a whole lot of red hot grinding going on, and we want YOU to come and DO IT with US!

The Public Beta release includes Career Mode, Freeplay and Multiplayer. It’s got all the Achievements and Challenges. It’s got a full complement of cars, levels and arenas. It’s got Smelly Bush collectibles (does that make it the “Pubic Beta”? Course it does!)!

So don’t forget, it’s the PUBLIC PUBIC BETA – we want you to play, play, play and tell us what you think either in the forums, or through our support system.

And we’re still giving away the original games too in our Carmageddon collection – that’s FOUR games for the price of ONE! Yes, buy Carmageddon: Reincarnation and you also get the original Carmageddon (the Max Pack, which includes the Splat Pack), Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now, and Carmageddon TDR 2000! So now’s the time to jump in, buckle up, put the pedal to the metal and PUNCH IT… Forget 50 Shades of Grey – get ready for 50,000 Showers of Gibs!!

To coincide with this announcement, we’re releasing a new promo video that’ll help get you all champing at the bit in preparation for the 14th. Check out the action and see what a SIZZLING HOT Valentine’s you’ve got to look forward to! And while you’re AT IT, you’ll also be hearing excerpts from one of the game’s extensive playlist of music tracks. This track is written and performed by mega-talented musician and massive Carmageddon fan Morgan Hulston, AKA Morgue.

Everyone who already owns the Early Access build of Carmageddon: Reincarnation will find that their game is ready to be updated to the full Public Beta when they check out their Steam games list on the 14th February.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I finally started playing again now that it's in Beta. Are the cars made of paper now? Specifically, just my car? I barely make any profits on the races as I'm constantly repairing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Songbearer posted:

Just remind yourself that these cars weren't made for racing: They were designed for 5-star levels of collateral damage.

I don't think they were even built for that. I went head-on with that BttF looking car in the first level (I'm still not making any money to get off this map), and I explode, he drives on like he hit a speed bump. I'm spending all my money on me being wasted by backing up into a building, and it takes me 5 minutes to destroy Val.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Back To The Future, the delorean car. I haven't seen the driver yet, so I didn't know if he looked like Marty McFly or The Doc.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Oh my god, I sunk so many hours into Carmageddon 2 when I was a tiny child. I didn't get like any of the puns and I remember telling my dad about unlocking Jenny Talia and him completely losing it.

I never played 2, so this pun took me a few seconds to register.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Why does Screwie Lewie have to spend 10 minutes slamming into Otis when his car has no tires, and is smoking, to kill him? I was never this bad at the Carmageddon series before ffs.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

Otis's car has always been ridiculously resilient since the first game, I think that's fully intentional. The other day I was playing with Ivan's truck and I had Otis down to a twisted frame, no tires and smoke pouring out and I just could not wreck the bastard. Eventually I swallowed my pride and bought a bunch of anvils and it still took like 6 to finally wreck him.

Maybe that's a valid reason, but at the same time, I'm tired of exploding three times in a row when my armor has been upgraded to level 3 at this point. Or a tire flying off if I brush another car. The game seems to make the opponents nearly invincible.

I also have no idea how to use that powerup wheel in the bottom. Was there a tutorial? Once I get a powerup, I'm stuck with it, and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to assign something to the DPad.

At least my FPS went up with the final version. Load time is about the same.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

The left and right bumpers cycle through collected power-ups

:doh: Now I just have to work on why I explode so much and the others don't explode enough. I might switch back to Val's car, as that would at least rip off their tires. Screwie's car seems to have a plastic drill bit on the front, and paper holding the tires to the axles.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just uninstalled this game. The only thing that takes more time than the load screens are the times you hold down the repair button. I'll come back to this game maybe if they adjust the balance, physics, and optimization.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ugh, they said they "Optimised [sic] car damage physics", and I don't know why I thought that would make it so your car didn't fall apart. Not sure if it's worth reinstalling then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

When I'm playing as Screwie Louie, I'm spending more time reattaching my wheels than I am trying to destroy the other drivers. It's insane how much you have to repair yourself, and how long it takes for you to kill anything. The drill seems to be attached with spit, and made out of paper mache.

• Locked thread