Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

BigFactory posted:

I want a documentary where people follow Axl Rose around from city to city and you get to watch an insane person talk about music sometimes.

Episode 1 is Axl Rose going to Jamaica and doing nothing but asking for reggae.

Edit: WRT Sonic Highways, I'm not sure I'm down on the album past about the first 3 songs. The album seems to peter out for me after that. To be fair, I feel like I was going into this expecting Wasting Light 2 and building my expectations to unreasonable levels. I'm still in love with both Wasting Light and Them Crooked Vultures though so I can always just fall back on those.

I also get way more glee out of that Fresh Pots video than is healthy. I love imagining Dave Grohl as some kind of hyperkinetic manchild that is perpetually on a caffeine rush.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
My first thought of someone touring on a loving rock and roll stage throne was man he's got some balls to do that.

Second thought: You know what, he's going on tour with a loving broken leg which is something you don't very often. He's earned the hubris to do so from a throne. Motorize the fucker and give it fireworks launchers for the man willing to do a cross country tour while unable to walk.

I've got tickets for them in September, wonder if he'll be sporting the Golden Rock n' Roll God Emperor of Mankind look by the time that comes around.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

rest his guts posted:

Dave Grohl is a cool human being and I appreciate his attitude and his contributions to the pop landscape but for some reason I can't get into 'the Foo' at all. As far as hits go, I kinda liked "Times Like These" but I think my approach to the band may be entirely wrong. I've been able to tap into bands that I was sorta on the fence about in the past by listening to albums, or sides of albums rather than individual hits. Assuming I am decently versed in all the stuff that's already received a ton of radio play, where do I start?

If you want to hear Grohl play in something stranger and less radio friendly but still quite good, check out the collaboration album he did with Josh Homme and John Paul Jones called Them Crooked Vultures. Grohl does drums and backup vocals for it. It does sound kind of like Queens of the stone age (given the front man, obviously) but still winds up having its own style to it. I actually wind up listening to that and wasting light more than anything else Grohl has done.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Went to see them last night. They had Gary Clark Jr opening for them, which I had not heard a lot of until now: I'm going to have to check him out. Dave has a smaller boot cast now and doesn't have to keep it elevated so he now looks more like the Rock and Roll God Emperor of Mankind now. He's able to stand up on the throne now, but still has to walk in crutches. Since this was in Wichita, they actually opened the set with Carry on my Wayward Son and tore it up. Dave even said at one point "We know about 35 seconds of all your classical hits" and that he would of played Dust in the Wind but he thought it would bring the mood down.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'd be down for Wasting Light 2 if they can keep up the quality. With sonic highways I felt like I really liked the first 3 songs and could not give a gently caress about the rest of the album.

For all we know it could be a wildcard announcement. Them Crooked Vultures 2! An album where Dave is drumming and Taylor Hawkins is singing!

The result in reality unfortunately probably won't be near as exciting.

• Locked thread