Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

The Casualty posted:

One hotel that I worked at had a similar script that you absolutely had to follow. They would get secret shoppers, and if you missed any part of the script you'd get points off. It only took two missed points to fail, and a fail got you written up. It was funny because at the beginning of the month, the likelihood of a shop was low; everyone would act naturally and things felt much more relaxed. Then about halfway through the month, people would start to notice we hadn't been shopped yet. They'd begin to apply the script to anyone suspicious. If it was the last week of the month and we hadn't been shopped yet, then everyone turned into this soulless greeter robot and people would shoot us weird looks.

This is pretty much how my old store went. Near the end of the SS month I was laying down the script to anyone who wasn't a regular customer (we were a rather small town so you'd see a lot of familiar people). Failing the SS didn't give you a writeup, but it still meant you'd get a long talking to by a manager who also thought it was ridiculous but had to make it sound like convincing punishment since everyone there knew it was idiotic. We got a bad survey saying "Sales associates sound robotic" or something, which was a relief because someone noticed how stupid it was, but the store still got in trouble instead since satisfaction is one of those incredibly important things.

e: I also failed the SS when it did happen, as the dude told me who he was after. I guess I was too busy trying to get rid of the gigantic line that hour instead of following ~the script~

buglord fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread