Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

I worked at a Starbucks in college for a year and everyone drinks 8 cups of espresso so they can stay up and study later

Also its a corporation that indoctrinates you pretty thoroughly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Nonsense posted:

imagine only making 12 an hour being a manager

In school I was hired as a shift manager by a store manager because he knew my then girlfriend who used to work there.

They had a serious problem with employees hooking up and causing drama, he knew I was spoken for lol. The extra couple bucks an hour came in handy

naem
May 29, 2011

etalian posted:

So how exactly do people even survive on jobs like Starbucks for high cost places like NYC or SF?

I lived in a $1000 a month apt with a gf, both worked full time, and had student loans.

Everyone else lived with their parents and were wrangling desperately for a store manager position because it payed like $60k +

naem
May 29, 2011

Wicker Man posted:

I thought hiring hot college girls was already a thing with starbucks? It seemed to fit with the whole idea in the movie Idiocracy about starbucks becoming massage parlor/brothel.

It's def a thing, I was the only male employee at my starbucks. Everyone else was a cute 20 year old girl- one of each major race

naem
May 29, 2011

etalian posted:

So basically hiring like one of those phony glossy college ads?

Yes exactly. I wouldn't have gotten the job if my then gf wasn't formerly one of those 20 year olds who the other girls all knew, you aren't allowed to date other Starbucks employees because they want you free to flirt with customers.

naem
May 29, 2011

Theshby posted:

Which are the major races?

White girl with dreads, black girl with dreads, really short Asian girl with high pitched voice (no dreads), really tall quiet Asian girl who looks sad a lot, really tall white girl who is beaming with energy, really short white girl with a high pitched voice who looks sad a lot, and three latinas who spend all their time together- one who has really awesome boobs, one who is short with a high pitched voice, one who is fat and sassy

naem fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 29, 2014

naem
May 29, 2011

There are starbucks on all four corners of several streets in NYC

naem
May 29, 2011

2007 itt

naem
May 29, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Just replace them with robots already. What are we even waiting for?

Boobs

naem
May 29, 2011

Starbucks health insurance filled my cavities but I got those cavities living off of leftover muffins and drinking coffee acid

naem
May 29, 2011

Cyril Sneer posted:

I'm actually at a Starbucks RIGHT NOW and holy gently caress there's some honest-to-god hot blonde lesbians in the line.

Pics ples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

All of them are hopped up on caffeine and half of them are loving in the back

• Locked thread