Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You'd be happy as well if you were pumped so full of stimulants that your testicles/ovaries were at the same level of your eyeballs.

Serious talk: I get surveys all the time. I also have a line of "Too Friendly". Here's what I ask out of service employees. Professional, quick and knowledgeable. I understand if there is a line. I understand if the person in front of me is a total dick. I understand that everyone has a bad day. You want a good review, and I give stellar ones, you just need to be a decent human being who knows your job and is willing to answer my questions, in a professional manner. You'll even get a nice custom comment from me that you can use on your manager during your next performance review.

Wait staff at top end restaurants, if they go above and beyond, I've called the manager over to tell them personally, what a good job you did.

This is my definition of being a decent human being.

Go ahead and mock me. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

When I worked in retail we'd be over the top friendly to customers we hated as a way of making fun of them without getting in trouble, hth OP.

HAHAHHAHAHHA You're not the only one.

Have a magical day, sir!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wayside Bazaar posted:

gently caress having to perform a literal song and dance routine in front of a middle manager, I'd rather be picking up trash on the side of the highway than have to live with myself after having to do that poo poo.

Congratulations on having a soul. It's a rare, wondrous commodity these days. Use it wisely.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wayside Bazaar posted:

Eh thanks for the reminder, rare and wondrous maybe - but definitely not a favorable commodity when trying to make a living. I've already had to accept undesirable positions and take pay cuts in the past just to get away from some of that poo poo because the corporate bar would get higher every year (and our pay plans would never reflect this of course) and we would be robbed of our bonuses month after month for the mistakes of outside contractors being paid minimum wage who gave zero fucks. Aside from me and my co-workers, nobody cared, including my manager who secretly advocated cheating/withholding surveys to keep his own bonuses/job.

:smithicide:

Keep caring and don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and eventually you will find someone who will respect you for it. It takes a long time. And remember age is a factor, don't let anyone tell you differently.

That Sixty something CEO, probably started as a stock boy. When you're twenty, he won't give you poo poo all for respect, because like he was, you're a punk. It doesn't matter how great you are, you're a punk until proven otherwise.

Once you get into your Thirties people start looking at you differently and the next big question is, "what are your values." Can you be trusted and so on and so forth. You'll get grouped into two types. Yes man or Headstrong.

I guess my entire point is, it becomes a game of how much poo poo are you willing to take, for the pay you make. For some jobs, there isn't enough money. Other jobs, people will work for charity. You have to decide where you fit in or if you fit in.

Older than that I haven't experienced yet. :angel:

• Locked thread