Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
For those of you that never made the connection, the reason why Lumina's blade is so wide is because the sword is a reference to the oar Musashi used in his duel against Kojiro.

My favorite thing about this game is its theme. The same melody is in so much of the game's score that I think that you can hear it in one way or another in more tracks than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Leximancer posted:

My favorite continues to be the one that was, paraphrased, "Remember that you can close your fist and thrust it in your opponent's face. For this you must train well." Yeah guys, if you can punch someone in a swordfight you should totally do it.

Well, if slugging your opponent in a sword fight puts you in a position to slash them...

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
And we reach the video that reminds me why I have a hard time coming back to this game--the platforming. It's so touchy at times that it can become very frustrating. There's also one other part way late in the game too that I'm pretty sure we all dread.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Is my problem really that I play with the d-pad instead of analog sticks?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You know, I think one of the reasons I never make it far into replaying this game is because everything in this chapter up to the end of this video is just a drag. It's just so boring. The bowling quadrant of the dungeon is amazing, but the other three sections just suck the life out of you. Not to mention the whole ordeal with Tim and having to travel all over God's green earth for two plants. The next chapter is not much better about it until the dungeon starts.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Those beans look horrifying. Why would anyone want to find out if that was edible?!

Let me tell you about this food called Rocky Mountain oysters....

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Jade Star posted:

I seem to remember this as the low point of the game. the whole vambee thing and boss just dragged on. I remember the rest of the game kicking rear end. Totally forgot Kijiro was a dude though.

The boss is pretty time consuming if only because dousing the flame is difficult. It's just one of those things that makes me think the game handles like a shopping cart sometimes.

But that boss music, holy crap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63TkTVtTNp8

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The water scroll is like getting the flippers in Link to the Past or Link's Awakening. It gets you around in a dungeon or two, but all they really do is open up most of the world to you.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The bigger loss is that Musashi has those goggles on his head now.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Glazius posted:

Dang. I would not have expected those guys to set fire to the town. Occupy a bridge and start charging tolls or something, sure.

If anime has taught me anything, it's that bullying in Japan is really hardcore.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
If your budget for a new microphone is $10, then just get a cheap rear end desktop mic at Walmart. If you are of means and willing to spend more for something that won't die on you in a month, I'd go with something like an Antlion ModMic for a good podcast-quality microphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You'd think the fight against the Frost Dragon would be amazing because of the theme. But no, it's really kind of dull. The ice beam sound effect is pretty cool though.

• Locked thread