Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Motherfuckers it is now Season 4 of the Madden 25 PS3 League!

Last year's Super Bowl winner is summed up by this simple mantra:

New for this year was a huge FA shakeup from someone who got Real Mad over a probation from posting anus.gif. Many teams are now not what they used to be, and more teams jumped cities. This will be an interesting season as we all try to unseat the World Champion Cleveland Browns, whose owner saluted Cleveland with a Super Bowl, and then a franchise relocation to Memphis :haw:

[b]League Info
League Name: sasfl
Password: PM Dubious for info

Rules:

* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with accelerated clock.
* Please try to limit cheese play. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that.
* On the above, No Huddle is off-limits unless it's a real situation that dictates it (trying to come from behind with limited time in half/game).
* Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next pre-season. No jumping teams mid-season.
* New rule effective immediately. Pubbies can only join this league if an existing member will vouch for them. This silliness belongs on

Trades:
Please discuss all trades in this thread and not through private messages. That way other team owners can weigh in on the fairness of trades as well as offer counter trades as well.
*CPU Trades - we allowed trading with the CPU last year, however it must be ran by the league and everyone must get a chance to weigh in to make sure it's reasonably fair.

Schedule:
The league will advance every 2-3 days, or when all User Games are in. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with 3 days. Please let Dubious know after the first day if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand he will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then he has 1 day after that to finish up their week or Dubs will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: Season 4 Week 1:siren:

Opening Matchups!

Thursday Night Opener is a rematch of the AFCCG
McShurto @ Grocery_

CPU @ StevieLeeDFD
WampaLord @ DastardSilvergun (he may be RIP)
CPU @ Dubious
CPU @ TheNardPuppy
CPU @ captaincapn (wrist)
fluffdaddy10 @ CPU
Alucardinium @ CPU
DiscountCleric @ CPU
ExplodeYourself @ FuriousKiff
CPU @ Da_Goob
notjustplatinum @ CPU

Advance Tuesday, April 1st or when games are in.

2016 Storylines!

After claiming their first Championship since coming back to Cleveland in 1999, the Browns win the Super Bowl and then promptly relocate, Art Modell style to Memphis overnight. Cleveland fans have burned the Factory of Sadness to the ground, living up to it's name in death.

Several big ticket super stars have switched teams after an ownership Coup gutted many of the rosters, violating hundreds of articles of the CBA between the NFL and the NFLPA, chasing rings and fat contracts. Only a few will win a ring, but many have cashed in thanks to lucrative TV deals inflating the Salary Cap.

A few players have been traded or released and are hoping to rebuild their careers in a new environment. EJ Manuel is one to watch for a potential career resurgence in Denver, behind a stout O-line and a run game bolstered by new HB Adrian Peterson.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
Fresh new thread smell, when you want to get it in Oberst? Please tell me sometime tonight, I just got home and can play for the next 8 hours. I can play Sunday night sometime but would prefer to get it in today. If you need to mess with your roster and get your practice in before that's fine. I'm jumping on now and playing a long practice.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
2016 Storylines!
After a promising season ended by a tragic Super Bowl loss, the Brooklyn Beats are in a "make or break" year for franchise QB Cam Newton.

Rumors in preseason are that the star quarterback has been causing turmoil in the locker room, and has stepped away from his role as a leader on the team. When asked, Newton simply replied, "My team is full of losers, and until they start acting like winners, I don't want anything to do with them."

Considering the contract that Newton commands over the next 5 years, the Beats will likely have to find a way to make things work out with the temperamental player, but efforts have already begun to give QB Casey Pachall more time behind center this season.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Fresh off his position change to ROLB, Mychael Kendricks welcomes Dallas rookie QB Paul-Michael Werner to the NFL with a sprained elbow on a vicious blindside sack.

E: Philly's offseason acquisitions show up big-time during a 66-3 rout of Dallas, showcasing their importance to this year's all or nothing Super Bowl chase. Philadelphia is facing many looming contract negotiations, and sources close to the FO indicate a Win Now mentality is permeating the locker room.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 30, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
After heated arguments with Coach Ron Rivera, Cam Newton was benched for most of the game against the Jets. Riverboat Ron decided to take advantage of his youth movement, and Casey Pachall alongside Kenjon Barner led the Beats to a 49-3 victory, with only a single endzone interception at the end of the match as a blemish on Pachall's otherwise spotless record.

QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY!

Oh, additionally, someone killed Justin Forsett. No idea how long he's out, but the Jets were too afraid to let Reynaldo Bostic at RG3, meaning that the Beats were unable to create the most expensive injury in the league.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 30, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hot drat, I was able to resign almost every one of my pending FAs right off the bat with plenty of wiggle room by frontloading contracts with bonuses. Desean may just remain an Eagle for life.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
LeSean McCoy wants $112M over 6 years. He's getting franchised for sure.

edit: I have no user games until week 5 against the conquistadores

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 30, 2014

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

LeSean McCoy wants $112M over 6 years. He's getting franchised for sure.

edit: I have no user games until week 5 against the conquistadores

Does this game account for inflation or something? 112 million for a running back?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

da_goob posted:

Does this game account for inflation or something? 112 million for a running back?

It is accounting for the increase in salary cap each season, definitely. We're at a 140m-ish cap this season, and its going to balloon to around 160 next.

For context, look at these two contracts:

Eagles give Megatron 6/112m
Jets give RG3 6/164m

Salaries are way up, but so is the cap.

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

Dubious posted:

It is accounting for the increase in salary cap each season, definitely. We're at a 140m-ish cap this season, and its going to balloon to around 160 next.

For context, look at these two contracts:

Eagles give Megatron 6/112m
Jets give RG3 6/164m

Salaries are way up, but so is the cap.

That's actually pretty cool

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

My new QB is pretty good. Sorry EJ :smith:

edit: Also almost every game I play this year is against user teams.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Hey, 49ers, are you around? If not, do you want to play after The Walking Dead?

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

ExplodeYourself posted:

Hey, 49ers, are you around? If not, do you want to play after The Walking Dead?

I'm around now, wanna go?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Fender posted:

I'm around now, wanna go?

Sure

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Good game, Fender. Taking two weeks off clearly didn't make me any better at defense.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Dinosaur Gum
Or Kaep just became one with the universe. Just completed 13/13 passes and Blount rant 3 in for a Niners win over the Redskins. GG

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Chocolate posted:

Fresh new thread smell, when you want to get it in Oberst? Please tell me sometime tonight, I just got home and can play for the next 8 hours. I can play Sunday night sometime but would prefer to get it in today. If you need to mess with your roster and get your practice in before that's fine. I'm jumping on now and playing a long practice.

Clash of the champions. Maybe tonight?

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

Oberst posted:

Clash of the champions. Maybe tonight?

Yeah what time works for you, I will easily be up for the next 6 hours. Possibly longer.

Edit: Give me a time that works for you, I'm trying to get to the gym and stuff so I can play for the next hour then will have to see after that.

Chocolate fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 31, 2014

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Passed out. Woke up @ 4 am. More sleep

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

Oberst posted:

Passed out. Woke up @ 4 am. More sleep

I can do 1-3:30 mst. Then real late after that.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Dinosaur Gum
The CPU is offering me 2nd and 3rd rounders for Lattimore. Anyone want? His injury stat sucks a lot. But everything else about him is just Frank Gore lite. He's a fantastic second option, but I already have a second option.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

Fender posted:

The CPU is offering me 2nd and 3rd rounders for Lattimore. Anyone want? His injury stat sucks a lot. But everything else about him is just Frank Gore lite. He's a fantastic second option, but I already have a second option.

Yeah I just drafted a rb that sucks. His name is Noel Adeshina, 95 spd but sucks at everything else. You want Adeshina+picks or just picks?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Chocolate posted:

I can do 1-3:30 mst. Then real late after that.

I can do moonman time late tonight. I've only slept 20 of the last 24

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
livin the dream

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Dinosaur Gum

Chocolate posted:

Yeah I just drafted a rb that sucks. His name is Noel Adeshina, 95 spd but sucks at everything else. You want Adeshina+picks or just picks?

How about a 2nd rounder?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Rdy 2 rck

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

Oberst posted:

Rdy 2 rck

just got home, I'm jumping on right now.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
That was a cheese possesion, my bad. I'm trying to figure out this playbook.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Grieved.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

That game owned. I just need to calm down.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
My internet just died. Resetting my router. Should be good in 5. My bad. I'm resetting my ps3. It won't get back on too psn. Your still good to play? drat psn is being wack af. I got this just give me a second.

Chocolate fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 1, 2014

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ffff

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
Trindon Holliday breaks jaw, Browns trail 10 with 4:00 to go.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

In the house of a Dead God, Flacco looks into the eyes of death and hands the rock to Ray 'Set' Rice. Carrions birds win 38-28.

GG wild game

Is it really 145. Ffff

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
Egyptians lose, god I played horrible. Really need to get in the lab and figure out this colts playbook. Their is potential in their I am just not using it.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Chocolate posted:

Egyptians lose, god I played horrible. Really need to get in the lab and figure out this colts playbook. Their is potential in their I am just not using it.

Your horrible is still pretty good; Ray rice just turned on the getting away from CDV charges speed. So get pumped since we play again in two weeks.

If you go worse than 12-4 i will be very surprised

Oberst
May 24, 2010

All games in R2A

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

Oberst posted:

Your horrible is still pretty good; Ray rice just turned on the getting away from CDV charges speed. So get pumped since we play again in two weeks.

If you go worse than 12-4 i will be very surprised

I'm not worried I just need to get this playbook down. I don't think I'm going to gently caress around with the option. I don't know. It's good but it's annoying swapping in geno constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Advancing tonight.

Goob wanna play our annual blood bath tonight?

• Locked thread