Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

1 Malamutes
2 Grackles
3 Mr Ed
4 Greasers
5 Mommy
6 Chefs / Buffaloes

1 Bears
2 Beats
3 Bald Eagles
4 Bay Area
5 Bucs
6 Redskins

Is there anyone in that conference? ?

Make it happen people

I have like 4 user games im taking that 1st seed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I got simmed into a cpu jets loss, gently caress this game lol

Fluo
May 25, 2007

human being Guy posted:

Join the Jets, and be my rival. :getin:

I think I'll either be the Jets or the Rams. My first go to would have been the lions, but I'm going to make an offer they can't refuse for Megatron!! Haha!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

More like 3 I'm going to be cpu when you play me because real life

Fluo posted:

I think I'll either be the Jets or the Rams. My first go to would have been the lions, but I'm going to make an offer they can't refuse for Megatron!! Haha!
shredder alt detected.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 8, 2014

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Chocolate posted:

M25 PS3 S5: Changing of the Guard (and dt's to lb's) Discount when do you want to get it in my man. I got off tomorrow all day but have a window from 1-3 mst from now till friday.

7pm Eastern tonight ok? :siren:Wife's birthday:siren: Wednesday so that's right out.

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

Dubious posted:

Doubtful.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Alucard posted:

More like 3 I'm going to be cpu when you play me because real life

I dropped 70 on the beats

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fluo posted:

Megatron is an eagle i paid all the fake money for him

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

I dropped 70 on the beats

noooooo my defensive stats. Did Reynaldo Bostic at least get you once?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Half of those user games are against me and my performance against Dubs has gotten worse rather than better. Between trying get a podcast off the ground and various other projects, I just have too many things going on right now to playing any way other than casually.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Look man, SASFL does not tolerate half assed bullshit. We are all in it to win it and fake football is real business. YOU ARE RUINING THE LEAGUE SANCTITY!!

*leaves for a week and gets put on auto*

Good luck with the podcast. Got a link?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Alucard posted:

Good luck with the podcast. Got a link?

+1

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Don't link if it's a goon madden podcast:

We go live to black and gold
"gently caress y'all here's an anus"
Thanks black and gold, now for the draft report with oldskool kiper jr.

Name drafting will see a major slide this year, seeing as goons have acquired all thirty-two first round selections, but nobody will end up with lovely receivers that are slower than sixth-round defensive tackle prospects either. Moving on to the second round, no real VALUE left at ANY of the positions on my big board and that is just fine because none of the goon GMs have any selections after the first round anyway.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
God knows I could have done one for the NCAA dynasty last year. I feel like I would have to actually be good at this to do a Madden podcast. We have done a few rough draft episodes, but none to the point where we have mass distributed yet. Whenever ChemicalWarfare stops flaking out at the last minute (which has been happening a lot these days as you saw with his stint as the Raiders here) and we actually do Episode #1, I'll link it here. I'll warning you that if you don't ever go into Punchsport Pagoda, it probably won't be your thing.

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
I AM LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING ALTRUISM

ExplodeYourself posted:

God knows I could have done one for the NCAA dynasty last year. I feel like I would have to actually be good at this to do a Madden podcast. We have done a few rough draft episodes, but none to the point where we have mass distributed yet. Whenever ChemicalWarfare stops flaking out at the last minute (which has been happening a lot these days as you saw with his stint as the Raiders here) and we actually do Episode #1, I'll link it here.

You can cover my pre-travels Oregon dynasty in episode 1.

Man when I get back this year I'm going to be terrible. I went from like a 35 game win streak in NCAA to bad and I'm already mediocre at this game.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the first Oilers-Conquistadors matchup is next week so you better fuckin get back

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
I AM LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING ALTRUISM
I shall not be back for a few more weeks.

Hopefully its an away game for me. I would like for you to have to actually pay attention when you play in the seizure dome.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006

Krypttx posted:

You can cover my pre-travels Oregon dynasty in episode 1.

There is enough material from that dynasty to do a 30 for 30 special.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I never won a user game in my brief NCAA appearance. Came close a few times and then my last user game was ShortThug absolutely scorching me. Now he's keeping that alive in PS4 madden.

I blame Goldie, that fucker.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Alright, I think we need to make EY set himself to auto during next year's draft and livecast a replacement version of the draft analysis that happens.

"Mister Cobble has been making waves this year in the NFL community owing to his amazing work ethic and the fact that he is actually made of stone, making him an impossible defensive tackle to block."

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

oldskool posted:

Don't link if it's a goon madden podcast:

We go live to black and gold
"gently caress y'all here's an anus"
Thanks black and gold, now for the draft report with oldskool kiper jr.

Name drafting will see a major slide this year, seeing as goons have acquired all thirty-two first round selections, but nobody will end up with lovely receivers that are slower than sixth-round defensive tackle prospects either. Moving on to the second round, no real VALUE left at ANY of the positions on my big board and that is just fine because none of the goon GMs have any selections after the first round anyway.

Thanks Mel. Oberst Dilfer is now joining us on The Subway Fresh Take Imager Fiver Dollar Shitdongs Hotline brought to you IN SHREDDER VISION BITCH

U no mel when I look at are 20XX draft class 1 thing comes to mind. Rings. Rings & speed & acceleration & man coverage. These goon gms are going 2 gamefaqs th poo poo out this draft bye the end of 2nd; I xpect a run on qbs and any1 w/ more than 90 speed early. To me what rlly pops out abuot these prospects are teh impotent tangibles: grit, hrt, ovr, clutch, big hitter trait.

Who the gently caress names there ch8ld Saint St Jean?

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 8, 2014

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
anyone played the steelers? I'm wondering how Justyn Sinz' rookie season is going

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

Thanks Mel. Oberst Dilfer

Thanks Trent!

We now break to Peter King and his SI article on the upcoming 2017 draft class.

"The 2017 draft class is looking to shape up nicely to get ranked by three different schools of drafting; GameFAQS A&M, Davis & Son Athletics, and the Dart Board Talent Agency. Some of the more observant GMS are noticing a striking similarity of these kids to a recent draft class in a next generation league; this draft was widely noted as displaying a lack of speed in the skill positions. Don't let that fool you from thinking these kids don't have heart."

When pressed for more information, Mr. King couldn't be bothered for anything else and waddled his fat rear end over to the nearby Starbucks.

When faced with criticism that there isn't enough NCAA talent entering SASFL, Dubious Goodell handwaved the verbal assaults as "frivolous, baseless accusations". He then continued to preach about league sanctity and that league defense has never been brighter; talks of a passing league developing were considered "abhorrently false" by the comissioneer.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 8, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Stevie Lee posted:

anyone played the steelers? I'm wondering how Justyn Sinz' rookie season is going

it's probably quite the mouthful

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Goob, I can't remember if I said anything, but around 7 is fine. Playing my practice game now.

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

ExplodeYourself posted:

Goob, I can't remember if I said anything, but around 7 is fine. Playing my practice game now.

Getting on now

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
My bad discount hopping on soonish.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Goob, in a few minutes, I need to pause and hold the spaghetti stainer

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Chocolate posted:

My bad discount hopping on soonish.

s'all good, no rush, catching up on last night's RAW anyway

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

ExplodeYourself posted:

Goob, in a few minutes, I need to pause and hold the spaghetti stainer

K

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

oldskool posted:

s'all good, no rush, catching up on last night's RAW anyway

sent you an invite if your ready.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Chocolate posted:

sent you an invite if your ready.

Are you still active in bizarro league?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Neon Keyon unleashed the dragon in The Sarcophagus

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012
GG, ey. Bears win 44-42

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
GG, Goob. The only reason I was able to climb back in was because I got in a situation where I could go no-huddle, but oh the things this offense can do when I'm allowed to do so.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
Oh my god. Ask discount about the end of the first half.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Chocolate posted:

Oh my god. Ask discount about the end of the first half.

The Pratfall in the Pyramid! The Screwup in the Sarcophagus!

Leading 14-7 at the end of the first half Chocolate threw a deep post over the middle off a hail mary play that was caught, then lateraled to an offensive tackle who fumbled & I recovered and returned it for the game-tying touchdown.

Chiefs beat defending champion Browns Egyptians, 20-17. GG Chocolate, that was fantastic from start to finish.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Was that all user games? Advance? :f5h:

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
Also Santheb I am not active on bizarro. I need to pull myself out of it. I'm done with the colts playbook. Discount dropped about 5 picks. I just don't like the routes/run game at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

playing my cpu game right now.

• Locked thread