Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

fookolt posted:

I'm a little surprised this is on the second page of the forums because I just came back from the movie and I am just blown away. This is one of the best things I've ever seen.
Yeah, if you're into heady, aurally-dominating sci-fi like 2001, Solaris, Beyond the Black Rainbow, and Upstream Color, this is an absolute must-see, the film you've been waiting for this year. Look, here's a list of theaters currently playing the movie, so just go, just go. It has the best opening sequence I've seen since... I guess Melancholia, and then after an hour it sort of loses momentum until that stunning final sequence...

fookolt posted:

And it's honestly not scary at all. There are some really unsettling and disturbing parts, but nothing that should have you hosed up.
I found the ending profoundly upsetting, and it's such a testament to both Glazer & ScarJo that the extent of my empathy for such foreign creature was so gradually calibrated that it actually made me queasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Even the guy with Elephantitis was just a guy on the street? Because that'd be a real trip if so :stare:
That guy was just an actor. There was actually a mix of actors and random dudes for the hidden camera stuff.

• Locked thread