Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also was the Scottish dialogue supposed to sound alien to play off Johansson's character's nature? I could make out parts of what some of the guys were saying, but other parts just sounded completely unintelligible. I mean, maybe that's just how Scottish people talk, but for instance, I could understand the dialogue in Trainspotting a lot easier than I could in this movie :v: I was gonna say maybe I should watch it with subtitles when it comes out on Blu-Ray to understand what the hell those guys were saying, but it's almost better not knowing and thinking nearly everyone in the movie is an alien.

Yes, I took this as aiding our empathy for Scarlett Johansson's alien perception of humanity. She's our POV character so we share in barely being able to understand the babbling of the people she interacts with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread