Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

No Wave posted:

I don't get what's with all these incredibly unsexy movies that are ostensibly about sex. It's depressing.

What's another example?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

trip9 posted:

Does Nymphomaniac count?

I haven't seen it yet because the idea of buying two tickets to see it is absurd to me. I was reminded very much of Enemy watching this.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

King Geedorah posted:

The book was fantastic, I haven't heard anything but bad reviews for the movie however. I mean I think this thread has the only positive reports of it.
I have a terrible feeling they really messed around with the plot :(

What reviews are you looking at?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Print is dead, my friend.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You're leaving out the crucial interaction in the film though: Picking up The Elephant Man.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'd be more willing to let that slide for the poetry of the metaphor. What I'm trying to figure out is where there was blatant foot fetishism, I guess I don't remember too much of that other than extended shots of her getting comfy.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
For what its worth, I'm with you on this.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Slugworth posted:

So some of the shots were with random people who didn't know they were being filmed..........

Do they not have Scarlett Johannson in Scotland?

You can go to rural Ohio and find yahoos who don't know who Scarlett Johnannson is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I always like watching stuff like EastEnders just to see that the UK has jugeared yokels too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, it's not Jackass. Though it would be funny to see an Under The Skin Point Five with Scarlett Johannson yukking it up with unsuspecting Glasgewegians.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What was this film "pretending" to say?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I put "pretend" in quotes to lead you, as in to have you just say outright that you find it "pretentious". That still seems to leave out the whole middle chunk of the movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

This was one of the most intense horror movies of the past 15 years. Dukin' it out in my head for "best since The Descent" with Lords of Salem.

Ends on the same shot, too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I thought the foot fetish stuff was genuinely interesting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Maybe he's from Scotland.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I believe I'll pick that up.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's under Children's Fiction, for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Reason posted:

This movie left me feeling uneasy and it made my wife cry during the baby on the beach scene.

That was the scene where I got really on board with the movie.

• Locked thread