Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also was the Scottish dialogue supposed to sound alien to play off Johansson's character's nature? I could make out parts of what some of the guys were saying, but other parts just sounded completely unintelligible.

They spoke in Glaswegian accents and Trainspotting is Edinburgh. That said none of them had paticularly bad accents so I think it's all down to you!

I guess I enjoyed it. It was an interesting ride, but I don't get all the utter love for it. Like someone else said earlier in the thread it's not really doing anything that we've not seen before. I found it got a little samey, in fact.
REALLY different from the book too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

King Geedorah posted:

The book was fantastic, I haven't heard anything but bad reviews for the movie however. I mean I think this thread has the only positive reports of it.
I have a terrible feeling they really messed around with the plot :(

They did, it's not much like the book. The book is a lot clearer about what is going on and also why. Everything in the film you sort of have to guess. I mean it's not difficult, but motivations and things are laid out when you read the book.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Don't read any of this if you haven't seen the film okay thanks.

messagemode1 posted:

I wonder what the deal with releasing the naked elephantitis guy was, only to have him be captured and killed by the motorcycle man. Also the result of the neighbor watching was largely unexplored, the police show up on the scene but the motorcycle guy is long gone.

This bit confused me, because I thought it was just another Alien wearing the skin - since that's the assumption the film sort of brings you towards. It didn't occur to me it would be the actual guy.
He gets into the boot of the car so easily, so it seemed like Motorcycle Man was just getting him ready for whatever they'd use his skin for.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

You can go to rural Ohio and find yahoos who don't know who Scarlett Johnannson is.

But it's filmed in Glasgow. We found that hard to grasp too. While I'm sure loads of people wouldn't know her name (not many people know actors beyond the ultra famous Tom Hanks level ones) I'm surprised that more people aren't a bit "Don't I know you?" with her.

• Locked thread