Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw this this afternoon after watching the trailers in the OP of this thread and being totally intrigued. What an interesting movie. I have a feeling it'll be sticking with me for a long time.

I had to read the drat plot synopsis on IMDB though, because while I felt I had a good handle on most of the movie, there were some points when I was completely lost. I think I understand it better now, though.

The cinematography in this was amazing. What kind of camera was this shot with? I was wondering throughout the entire movie and thought I might find out during the end credits but I never did. The whole thing had this distinct look to it that sets it apart from most other movies.

Also was the Scottish dialogue supposed to sound alien to play off Johansson's character's nature? I could make out parts of what some of the guys were saying, but other parts just sounded completely unintelligible. I mean, maybe that's just how Scottish people talk, but for instance, I could understand the dialogue in Trainspotting a lot easier than I could in this movie :v: I was gonna say maybe I should watch it with subtitles when it comes out on Blu-Ray to understand what the hell those guys were saying, but it's almost better not knowing and thinking nearly everyone in the movie is an alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

cubicle gangster posted:

Thats how people from glasgow talk. they didnt know they were going to be in a movie until after the drive when they were told and asked if they wanted to be a part of this.
That's pretty loving cool though. Guess a bunch of them were down with it then.

Even the guy with Elephantitis was just a guy on the street? Because that'd be a real trip if so :stare:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

caiman posted:

Is it cold under that rock?
Seriously, how the gently caress is that even possible to not have heard of Scarlett Johansson by 2014? And for Under The Skin to be your first exposure to her :psyduck:

Seeing some of her other roles after that could potentially be a hell of a shock.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

and Home Alone 3.
Hahahaha no way :eyepop:

I hate to say this but I may have to re-watch Home Alone 3 one of these days.

• Locked thread