Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Hello E30 friend :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I have Ronal LS's on my coupe, love them. Need to take the stupid stud kit off and get my hands on proper center caps though.

Thinking about doing minilites on the sedan, just need to work out the offsets and how wide I want to go.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

GAH MY HEART. A 911's on my list one of these days.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I just bought a '92 318i vert in calypsorot. I have a problem and I need help. :(

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Lightbulb Out posted:

Pix or it didn't happen.

I've gone full retard.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Lightbulb Out posted:

Looks like a nice example. The verts don't do much for me but it's cool that you have a '92. Can I ask how much you picked it up for?

Low enough that I feel a little bad + lucky. Dude a couple blocks over from my apt had it for a while and then his wife got a new VW and it was an extraneous third car. I walked over and offered him cash and he took it.

It's in decent shape, I just need to fix a bunch of typical E30 things like window switches and the gauge cluster. I need to do the thermostat & coolant gauge temp sensor since it never seems to fully get up to temp. Also need to bleed the clutch and refresh some suspension as it seems to have a shimmy around 50-60mph.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

oh you son of a bitch

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Hi E30 thread. I found out where the coolant leak on the new vert I got is ACTUALLY coming from :) :)

:(

Time to order some more poo poo!!!

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I also want staggered style 32's for my E34 >:(

Met up with some people today:

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

coolmancraig posted:

I installed my rebuilt driveshaft/guibo/centre bearing and did the timing belt and water pump/thermostat plus belts on Saturday after work.

Timing belt tensioner was shot but fortunately I had a new one. I've never seen that kind of slack on a belt, let alone a cambelt. It also seems my home alternator rebuild did the job - its whisper quiet!

Do ya think this pump was on its way out too? Never showed a sign of overheating but I don't think it would have taken long. I'll need to flush the system a couple times after seeing the amount of crud in there.

Oh you think that's a water pump

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Friend of mine has a M60B40 + 6 speed he's trying to get rid of and I'm so tempted but I have NOWHERE to put it

Moxie Omen fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 9, 2014

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Woot Style 32s! I want a staggered E38 set of them for my E34 :|

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Think I may be going to look at a E30 318is slicktop in a few hours. Don't need another car, especially another E30 but the price is stupid cheap and it looks immaculate. We'll see what 'upgrades' have been installed and go from there.

"I don't need another E30" said nobody ever.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

crutt posted:

I know it's not an e30 but how bad of an idea is an e34 535i 5 speed with 240k miles?

I have one. It's nice, comfortable, has modest power, but it's not an E30.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Looks like I'll be joining the beater 5 army. A chipped S38 is a wonderful thing...

fucker!!!!

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I want an E21 again >:|

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Friend of mine built a ridiculous LS E36 M3 and now I'm kind of thinking of doing that for my E30 bronzit sedan. :|

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

SuperDucky posted:

jesus, party alarm.

E30 question guys. 4cyl pre facelift with a 6cyl swap. Can't get the cooling system to bleed. The expansion tank is on the driver fender and kinda just rests there, has since I bought the car with the swap. What do I need to do to bleed it?

Also, valve adjustments are tits. Also also gently caress doing timing belts and water pumps on the m20, the m50 actually makes sense.

The thermostat housing should have a bleed screw?

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

angryrobots posted:

Dunno if everyone checks the AI marketplace thread, but I put my 1987 325is up for sale yesterday. I haven't listed it anywhere else yet, I've never been a member of any BMW boards and I know how CL is going to be....

That's a cutie. If I didn't already have three I'd be into it, I've been itching for an early model lately.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Party Alarm posted:

Hoping to have the brown car make the brodeo so I can finally show up in an e30

What the, I thought you were west coast for some reason. Maybe I should bother to drag my e30 down for this.

OH WAIT I'm not even going to be on this coast on those dates. doh.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

angryrobots posted:

So thinking about going to that meet inspired me to go dick around with the car this evening. I've had a persistent issue with a crappy idle, usually just when it's warm. My bs gauge thinks it's throwing too much fuel at it. CEL will illuminate at idle, any little movement of the throttle will smooth out the idle and the CEL will go off.

Stomp test will show code 1222. I have changed the o2 and hunted down vacuum leaks, which both did help with engine management under load, but the lovely idle persists.

I unplugged the AFM and cranked it up, idle was smoother. Am I looking at a probable bad AFM or do I need further diagnostics? Do I have to go back with another AFM or are there any better options (like a plug and play MAF, that would be sweet).

Crappy idle like too low? or hunting?

If you're running too rich you may want to think about FPR and injectors as well.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

How shameful is it if I get ESM 002's to put on my vert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

it's running!!!!11 nice to have a semi-legal car again.

• Locked thread