Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

You might think that Thomas The Tank Engine is just a show for kids but let me tell you now you couldn't be more wrong. This episode shows in many ways how it handles adult situations and themes. You can see a lot of racial tension between the engines and the coal cars, eventually culminating in a physical altercation and eventual segregation. Mr Conductor is clearly an insane dictator, with severe fascistic undertones, I would go as far as to call him an analog to Hitler himself.

The twist partway through where the tracks end up sending them the wrong way, directly past a closed down station and into a pile of debris was expertly crafted, up there with M. Night Shyamalan. You really end up feeling empathy for Oliver in his many plights. While I enjoyed it, I do wish they had at least briefly showed Thomas, as the show is named after him, I felt a bit cheated to be totally frank.

I also found the ending where they force in a deus ex machina to be lacking. Rather than tell Oliver, who clearly suffers from some form of autism, that they had to close the station due to budget cuts, they instead reopen it and completely renovate the entire place. Just seems a little farfetched to me.

3/5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTCEjQ1SpsQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something9999
Oct 7, 2013
No Thomas? Such bs

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

This isnt even a movie its just an episode of the show. Its okay, not good as the older episodes, but since it's not a movie i have to rate it a 1/5.