Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

[21:53] <Ettin> Oh right new chat thread?
01[21:53] <Plutonis> lemme post the op actually
[21:53] <Ettin> Hahaha
[21:54] <Ettin> Sure go for it
[21:54] <Ettin> It's April!

Last Month's thread!

April is the month of funny pranks and joeks... be sure to bring your inner jokeman out and have some japes at the expense of people... funny posts abound on the place to relax....

Unlike Ettin I really don't want to see quest threads because they pretty much ruined /tg/ for me, but hey, we can agree to disagree!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

The joke is you.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So I guess this means we're not doing Anti-Grog April this year?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K Prime posted:

The joke is you.

No... It's... Your posting.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

K Prime posted:

The joke is you.

No, jokes are usually funny.

So, is anyone gonna do an April contest?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
I swear to god I will ban everyone

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Winson_Paine posted:

But you posted in here too you will have to ban yourself and then what then where will we be

edit - like the sailor called unto Charybdis, I too am here.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Sion posted:

But you posted in here too you will have to ban yourself and then what then where will we be

FINE.

I have a better idea anyway.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I would run a contest but you know, :effort: and stuff. Maybe next month or I'll do another horror contest in October.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
*holds up grenade*

I-I'll do it, I fuckin swear! I'll pull the goddamn pin!!!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
It's still 5:00 in the afternoon of March 31st! Stupid ******* Australia, stupid ******** international date line...

EDIT: Oh, wait, it's midnight GMT, isn't it. Never mind! :suicide:

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 1, 2014

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Asymmetrikon posted:

No, jokes are usually funny.

So, is anyone gonna do an April contest?

There IS an official SA contest running through April for WTF D&D, which has prizes and stuff. There is a sticky at the top of the forum. I have nothing to do with it except the odd bit of promotion. If there is a goon contest that is cool too!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sure make your photoshops and whore yourselves for Zack Parson's contest (even though the Kurt Cobain CoC storyline is legit hilarious)... But remember that you are losing your souls to the corporate establishment...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

What? What did I do? :(

fake edit: I have an idea for a contest but I have no idea what to do as a prize. Plus that would require me to judge entries and do work and stuff.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

Winson if you do this, you are going to lose your spot of "Mod I despise the less" to... *checks list* The Coupons Guy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's actually a mod specifically for the coupons forum? That must suck.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Winson_Paine posted:

I knew MSW's posting history would finally catch up with him!

I just never knew it would take us all with it. :ohdear:

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Talkc posted:

Yes we all knew that MormonStarWars would be the end of us all.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Talkc posted:

I'm just more amazed it took this long for it to happen.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

MadScientistWorking posted:

Yes we all knew that MormonStarWars would be the end of us all.

You both lose all your experience for last session.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Do not mock "Doctor Eldarion". He is a wise mod.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Evil Mastermind posted:

What? What did I do? :(

fake edit: I have an idea for a contest but I have no idea what to do as a prize. Plus that would require me to judge entries and do work and stuff.

What's your idea?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Kwyndig posted:

It gets like one report a year, it is the best mod gig. TG is probably a close second honestly.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

...Parents and child?

On the subject of anime and practical jokes: Tenra Kancho Zero. :suicide:

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 1, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
April Chat thread: TG Touhou Megathread

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Did they ever made a 'Touhou' rpg other than Danmaku Yuugi and that other I forgot the name? Maid is a pretty good system to simulate the 'Touhou' experience...

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

Winson_Paine posted:

There IS an official SA contest running through April for WTF D&D, which has prizes and stuff. There is a sticky at the top of the forum. I have nothing to do with it except the odd bit of promotion. If there is a goon contest that is cool too!

I know about the WTF contest, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on anyone else's toes 'cause I was planning on starting one.

Evil Mastermind posted:

If you do want to run this month, please do; otherwise, I was gonna make April contest about RPGs specifically designed for play by PBP (since it's come up multiple times now, and PBP is obviously quite popular).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Supreme Court posted:

What's your idea?

I saw a thing a while back (I think it was on the Forge) called "the character sheet is the RPG", where the character contained the whole game, and nothing else was needed besides dice/playing cards/randomizer. Basically writing an RPG that's literally contained on one side of a sheet of paper.

So the idea was for a one-page RPG contest. You can slice the sheet up, make a pocketmod, one of those paper fortune teller, whatever, but everything: chargen, the character sheet, any GM stuff, and the setting has to fit onto one side of one sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper.

Not sure how much interest there'd be, though. The idea might be too limiting now that I think about it.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Did they ever made a 'Touhou' rpg other than Danmaku Yuugi and that other I forgot the name? Maid is a pretty good system to simulate the 'Touhou' experience...

Well, there's bahamut's game, Tales of Phantasmal Land. Me and some friends of mine have our own game we're working on that started as a Tales of Phantasmal land rewrite and became its own beast after several mutations, and I know ANOTHER group that took Tales of Phantasmal Land and heavily modified it while still being recognizable.

Alternatively, you could probably make Touhou---or something Touhouish---in Tenra Bansho Zero, but I have no idea how you'd handle spellcards...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gas thread ban op

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Or vice versa I guess

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

Gas thread ban op

Done.

Captain Foo posted:

Or vice versa I guess

Done.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Evil Mastermind posted:

I saw a thing a while back (I think it was on the Forge) called "the character sheet is the RPG", where the character contained the whole game, and nothing else was needed besides dice/playing cards/randomizer. Basically writing an RPG that's literally contained on one side of a sheet of paper.

So the idea was for a one-page RPG contest. You can slice the sheet up, make a pocketmod, one of those paper fortune teller, whatever, but everything: chargen, the character sheet, any GM stuff, and the setting has to fit onto one side of one sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper.

Not sure how much interest there'd be, though. The idea might be too limiting now that I think about it.

This seems pretty interesting as a concept!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
The only way this thread could get worse would be if I started posting in it!!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

This seems pretty interesting as a concept!

You know what? I'll put together an OP and post it tonight or tomorrow. I may even know what the ~~MYSTERY PRIZES~~ will be (if I can get them in time).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Evil Mastermind posted:

That does sound like a neat concept for a contest. Not that I would participate, because I still suck at game design that takes fewer than like twenty pages.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
There was already a two-page game contest and it was pretty awesome. One page seems like it would be taking it a bit too far.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Plutonis posted:

Unlike Ettin I really don't want to see quest threads because they pretty much ruined /tg/ for me, but hey, we can agree to disagree!

Oh people were talking about quest threads? What do folks think of Boone Quest?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gau posted:

There was already a two-page game contest and it was pretty awesome. One page seems like it would be taking it a bit too far.

Too late. Contest thread is up. Please validate my existence post and enter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Oh people were talking about quest threads? What do folks think of Boone Quest?

I dunno but Ettin put it on the OP of last month thread and I was kinda disgusted because the only good Quest Thread that existed ever was Dorf Quest.

• Locked thread