Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Roger

"Do you have silvered arrows? One never knows what we may face; there are some foes stout iron cannot fell. And polearms to match my good friend ser Conrad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Godfrey

Finally back in town, Godfrey spends much of his time at the church, recovering and aiding the other wounded. Of his earnings at the keep, he tithes 5g to the priests for their services.

As for all that other money, it becomes clear that Godfrey needs more serious defenses to survive these trials. He purchases a fine suit of plate mail, replacing his damaged set of chain.

-5g as a tithe to the church
-60g for plate mail
+plate mail, AC improves by 2

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
At Torvald's Shop
Huw Rhysson
"My wife is herbalist and make poultices, potions and remedies to soothe what ails. They won't magically seal you like a wizard's brew, but her concoctions are potent nonetheless."
pre:
Potion List
  • 20gp Martha's Wildland Vigor (Restore 1d4 points of damage imme -diately, 10% chance to be toxic, dealing 1d4 points of damage prior to healing you.)
  • 50gp Healing Potion (Restore 1d8+CON MOD. points of damage immediately)
"I don't deal in poisons though. I can't say that I'm sorry either. That's foul business."

Conrad
You pick a decent looking Halberd down from the display on a nearby wall and feeling drawn to it you purchase it.

Handing 7 gold over you find yourself with a worthy weapon.
pre:
Halberd
1d10 damage
150 ENC
s,2H,L
Roger
"Hello warrior, I do have silver tipped arrows, but that is the only Halberd I have for purchase, may I interest you in any other weapons? I have 20 silver tipped arrows in stock and they are 5gp a piece. May I interest you in any?"

Godfrey
Looks like you already updated your sheet.

Picking out a fine looking suit of plate mail armor, Torvald helps you don the new equipment.

---

GM Notes
Anyone else? Also yes, do get those gems appraised.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Huw Rhysson:

"My apologies, Torvald; I meant no disrespect. I'm interested in the Healing Potion, but is there any chance you could lower the price a little?"

Barter: 1d20 20 :stare: Boosh! +1 CHA as well, I think.

"Also, what do you make of these gems we found?"

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wyndham

The halfling returns to town with a spring in his step and a jangling pocket full of gold. Before figuring out where he's going to store the rest of it - and before he celebrates the day's initial achievements with some ale - he follows the members of the group to Torvald's shop.

"Any chance you could furnish me with some slightly..." Wyndham looks at his leather armour and strokes his unprotected head, "...stronger defences?" He jangles the bag of loot in front of Torvald to make his point.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Roger

Before I buy my arrows, how much is our share each?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
GM Notes

Doctor Idle posted:

Each of you get 300 CP, 450 SP, and 1 EP with a deficit of 5 EP, 27 SP and 32 CP, also four* gems.

The deficit has yet to be split.

At Torvald's Shop
Huw Rhysson
Torvald rubs his chin while he eyes the potion and then he looks up at you.

"I don't see the harm in a reasonable discount, you all have come to do business after all. I'll give you 20% off, 40 gold for the potion, but I can't afford to go any lower than that. The materials to make those things don't come cheap."

"Deal?" he says extending his hand.

Wyndham Thornpicker
"Well, little one, what are you looking for? I'm sure I have something that'll improve your defense."

There's no headgear to be purchased in basic for whatever reason. I mean, you can have a fancy hat but it won't do anything for your abilities or AC. You can get decked out in some heavier armor though. HOWEVER, if you all are really determined to have some functional headgear I'll come up with something.

Roger
Counting over your coins you contemplate your purchase.

"So what will it be friend, would you like some of the silver arrows? I can guarantee their quality, as I made them myself."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Huw Rhysson:

"Deal!" Huw shakes the trader's hand firmly then pays him. Now at 14 gp. "Now, another matter; we found these four gems. I was wondering if you could assay them for us?"

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Amelaide Florantha Starfall
Elf: Veteran-Medium, Level 1, HP: 2/2, XP: 51 (+5%), 300 CP, 450 SP, GP: 68, 1 EP , Arrows = 19,

Ame finds herself in the town's only bank, a small affair with fat old men working the counters. She approaches one, and says, "Uh, excuse me. I've got... Well, I'd like to open an account. That's what you do with money, right? You deposit it! Can I open an account here?"

She's got the coins in a few sacks, which are threatening to break under the weight of the copper and silver pieces. She seems flustered, and utterly unsure of what to do with her earnings, especially considering that they were the result of firing an arrow at a wall. "I have... quite a bit to deposit."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Roger

"Ah, do not worry about the halberd. I think I shall take 10 of your silvered arrows then, good sir. With luck I will not need them. With greater luck, I will need precisely this many."

Roger happily gives up a large portion of his silver, counting out 100 of the coins.

"Hah, why, with this much, you could likely create a dozen or two more arrows to replace this!"

As someone who has never played Basic before, I do have a question. What do we do, or where do we put, our treasure? Can we just say we hide it under the floorboards at the inn or something?

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 10, 2014

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
At Torvald's Shop
Huw Rhysson
"I'd be glad to." Torvald says before inspecting the gems you present from a bag that held the treasure that had yet to be split.

He takes out a piece of magnifying glass and holds it over each gem as he turns them carefully in his hands.

He nods as he goes through them and finally his eyes meet the black gem and you think you see a slight twinkle of enthusiasm that quickly becomes a dismissive glance.

"The two red gems are Garnets, they'll fetch you 50 gold a piece. This other one a fine piece of jade, I'll give you 50 for that as well. As far as this ebon gem goes, it's filled with imperfections, so I'll only be able to give you 75 gold for it." he says clearing his throat suspiciously as he quotes you a price on the ebon gem.

"225 gold sound reasonable for the gems?"

The banking institution in this small town was not like the large merchant banks you were accustomed to in your homeland. Instead, you found yourself speaking to a tax collector who collected on behalf of the mayoral council of Fenswick. However as you come to find out, they did offer services those who had a sufficient enough amount of gold to be kept.

"Well, Greetings young elf. We do not typically maintain personal accounts as this offices primary function is to regulate the taxation in the township, however... I suppose with an adequate deposit we could set you up as a vendor."

"It looks like you have 143 gold value, across your accumulated coin. While I can't set you up on a merchant account with this type of deposit, I will exchange your coins for gold or platinum for the sake of weight. What say you lass?"

Roger
QuantumNinja found a bank, that really is like a tax office and merchant representation. If you have enough gold you can set up an account, otherwise they will gladly exchange your coin offering you gold or platinum to ease the burden of wealth.

"I imagine I will be able to!" Torvald says as he takes your gold and bundles up your silver-tipped arrows in a nice fabric quiver.
pre:
You are now the proud
owner of:
Silver-Tipped Arrows
Quantity: 10
Value:    100SP
ENC:      20cn

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Adrian

Adrian really doesn't have much to buy. His dagger is sharp, the discipline of his calling prevents him from wearing any sort of armor, and the ammunition for his sling consists of common rocks, free for the taking almost everywhere. He does, however, check to see if the town has anywhere he can buy scrolls or magical spells, however. He knows that these sorts of stores are usually found only in larger cities, but Adrian still wants to seek out magic wherever it may be found, even if it's unlikely.

Any scroll/spell shops? Also, how long are we staying in town? Long enough to sleep and prepare spells, or do we want to go back to the castle today and continue clearing?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
In Fenswick
Adrian Miros
You traverse the old cobblestone pathways of the small town until you come across an old shack with a hand engraved sign that says, "The Catalyst". Depicted on the sign is an open palmed hand with a spiral like eye at its center.

You push into the shop, an old bell ringing overhead. A hunchbacked woman steps up on a stool at the counter and pushes up large glasses on her beak like nose.

"My name is Agatha, how can I help you sir?"

You'll heal up, and have enough time to prepare your spells. Unless anyone is opposed to that.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Huw Rhysson:

"225 gold, eh? Thank you for your analysis, Torvald. I'm afraid these gems are a group asset, so I'll have to discuss your price with my compatriots before we can sell them. Thank you for all your help today! Hopefully we'll be back in a couple of days with more treasure for you!"

Huw receives the gems back from Torvald and leaves the shop. He heads for The Catalyst, a weird-smelling place on the side-streets. The strange glasses, gadgets, geegaws and gizmos stacked haphardly around the small shop floor unnerve him; he's never had an inkling of magical talent, and is half-worried that one wrong look might turn him into a frog, or worse - a human. He is comforted somewhat by the presence of Adrian chatting to the proprietor; safety in numbers, maybe?

Once Adrian has finished his business, Huw approaches the lady. "Hello, ma'am. I was wondering if you could appraise these gems for me, see if there's any magical properties or somesuch?"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
The Catalyst
Adrian Miros
Huw Rhysson enters the shop a few moments later after you enter and presents the gems you found in the castle for appraisal.

Huw Rhysson
The old crone looks up at you, her eyes doubled or tripled in size from her thick glasses. "Ay, Dwarf. I'll take a look, but you be sure to look around my wares!"

The old woman looks at the gems and goes through similar visual cues that Torvald gave, except for when she examines the Ebon gem she mentions, "This should fetch a fair price! At least 300 gold if not more. Lucky to be you! Now that will be 5 silver, Mr. Dwarf." she says before laughing lightly, coughing periodically all the while.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Adrian

After the woman is done with Huy, Adrian says to her, "I greet you, Dame Agatha. I have some rudimentary skill at spellcraft, and wonder if I might see your wares pertaining to magic and the hidden arts."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Elf: Veteran-Medium, Level 1, HP: 2/2, XP: 51 (+5%), 300 CP, 450 SP, GP: 68, 1 EP , Arrows = 19,

The elf sort of blinks at the taxman, unsure if he was offering her the correct amount. He had gotten through that math pretty dang quick, but who was to say he wasn't great at it? She just gave him an embarrassed smile, and hefted the overbearingly-heavy coins at him. "Oh, man, gold would be great. I'd be okay with platinum, but it seems so much easier to steal, you know? And I just really, really, really don't want to lose all of my money like that. I need as much money as I can get, see, I have to save up enough to hire some warriors to help me find my family and if I just lose all my money to thieves or whatever then there's no way I can fund that. So I was going to put it into a bank, make sure it was safe, but I guess there isn't really a bank out here per say so maybe I'll just keep it close to me. So gold, right?"

Her coins collected, she made her way to the town square, trying to get a better feel for the place she had only spent a night in. Who knows! Maybe she could even find a witch? Before she knew it, after a few annoyed-looking people helped her get directions (except that one guy, who she was pretty sure told her whatever he could think of to get her to leave him along), she found the place: the Catalyst.

Heading inside, she saw some of her fellow 'contractors'. "Oh, hi, Adrian! How are you? Isn't this the magic shop here in town? What are you looking for. Oh, Madam! Agatha, right? I was wondering if you had anything, like, for sale, or some such. See, I'm pretty frail myself, and I just took this really dangerous job and I don't want to get hurt or anything. What do you think?"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
The Tax Office
You're right. It's 116, I was dividing copper by 10 instead of 100 in my original calc. Whoops., 116 gold, 1 EP, then gems and deficit can be split after the fact.

"Ah, yes. That would be a tragedy to lose all your hard earned coin. I misspoke in my initial quote miss, counting numbers all day does that to you. With the gold you already have, I can exchange the copper and the silver and bring your total gold to 116 gold with your 1 Electrum left over. Hope this is satisfactory! Have a lovely day, tell your friends about our services... and if you ever have enough gold, we can set you up a merchant account."

After leaving the tax office, you end up at the Catalyst.

The Catalyst
Adrian Miros
Not long after you ask Agatha about her wares, Amelaide Florantha Starfall appears in the shop.

Agatha speaks, "Well, you're certainly in the right place. I have a modest selection of scrolls and magical potions. As well as some lesser trinkets and baubles. Unfortunately, there is not a big market the magically attuned. In fact, I haven't had this much business in ages!"

"Ah, another customer" Agatha says to you. "Well, I may have some things, please look around my wares and see what you need."

pre:
Shop Inventory
  • Potion of Cure Light Wounds (60gp)
  • Potion of Agility (100gp)
  • Potion of ESP (60gp)
  • Potion of Fortitude (120gp)
  • Scroll of Mapping (80gp)
  • Scroll of Spell Catching (200gp)
  • Scroll of Illumination (30gp)
  • Scroll of Equipment (200gp)
  • Ring of Animal Control (150gp)
  • Ring of Survival (600gp)
  • Rod of Health (80gp)
  • Bag of Holding (2000gp)
  • Egg of Wonder (500gp)
  • Shoddier Items (5-250gp)
Shoddier items will be stuff available by request but as the name implies, it will be shoddy.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Godfrey

"Perhaps we could pool our resources for the good of the group. I have 40 gold to contribute if we purchase a Rod of Health. I believe my training will allow me to use it for our benefit, gods willing."

Someone chip in 40g. It's the only way I'm healing anything until level 2.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Conrad

"An excellent investment, sir cleric!" I can contribute it in the form of 400 silver, hope the shopkeep enjoys counting.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Olaf Helmsplitter

While the others are running around looking for ways to spend their coin, or at least hopefully learning the value of the gems, Olaf is instead looking for a good place to secure his own share. Perhaps the town has a bank or vault where a prospective individual can store their coin for safe keeping. Though he is rather loath to part with the coin, he knows he can't just carry it around everywhere with him.

Was going to offer silver as well, though it would probably be against Olaf's nature, but it seems someone else already offered.

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wyndham

"I suppose a helmet doesn't matter," says the young halfling. "But armour would be good! What can you offer me? And make it quick, I need to get to the bank before it closes and then back to the inn for, ahem, refreshment."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Huw Rhysson:

"Really? 300 just for the Ebon? Wow. Would you be interested in buying it? How much for the other gems?" Huw happily hands over the 5 silver.

I never added the coin loot to my sheet, so will do that now. +300cp, +450 445sp, +1ep.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
The Catalyst
Godfrey
Spotting a magical rod imbued with healing powers, you suggest to your fellow adventurer's that it would be a wise investment. Agatha smiles from behind her counter and retrieves the Rod for you after you all amassed enough gold.

"An excellent choice, it suits you." the beak nosed woman says as she hands you the rod.

She then takes 40 gold from you and 400 silver pieces from Conrad.

"Goodness, I appreciate your patronage, but goodness."

Several minutes later.

"The purchase is complete. Is there anything else Old Agatha can interest you in?"

pre:
Rod of Health
Usable by clerics only, this rod
will heal 1d6+1 points of damage
to any number of creatures, once
per day.

20cn
---

Huw Rhysson
"The other gems, the garnets and the sapphire, will fetch about 50 gold a piece. I'm sorry laddy, I've no need of gems besides, that's more gold than I care to part with. Perhaps a merchant at the market, or that greedy goon Torvald. Just be firm with him, he'll give you a fair price with some talking."

That potion you bought has 5cn, forgot to mention.

Torvald's Adventuring Wares
Wyndham Thornpicker
"Well, in a few hours time, I can have anything you'd like small hero. I have decent chain and plate mails that I could fit to you in no time. What say you?"

"Not feeling like taking on that weight, how about a shield?"

---

The Tax Collector's Office
Olaf Helmsplitter
Your search for a banking institute leads you into the same paths of your fellow adventurer's who either coming or going as you set about your business.

Unfortunately, Fenswick being a smaller town, they do not have a proper banking system. The tax collectors are as close as it gets and they do manage merchant accounts, but you would need a significant amount of gold to open an account.

"Greetings, Sir Dwarf. I am Archibald, how may I assist you. My it has been a busy day..."

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 13, 2014

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Huw Rhysson:

"Thank you, Agatha. I hope to see you again soon." Huw takes his leave and heads to the tax office, where he exchanges coins with the increasingly harassed Archibald. 300cp = 3gp; 440sp = 44gp. Now on 61 gold, 1 electrum, 5 silver. Also 700+5+67cn encumbrance.

He then heads back to Torvald. "Hello again," he says to the busy merchant. "The team's talked it over, and we'll sell the garnets and the sapphire for 50 gold each; but for the ebon gem, we want 300 gold. What do you say to that offer?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Roger

Sorry for the quiet spell; writers block and general fatigue hit me most this week.

Roger, arrows in quiver, heads to the bank, and swiftly discovers the same thing the elf did; no account. So he exchanges his coin for mostly platinum with the odd gold piece evening things out, and, on asking where an apothecary might be found, ends up following the elf's tracks once more to the potion seller.

"Hah! I seem to be quite at your heels today, Lady Starfall. Tell me, could this be where I could purchase some healing items? Best to be careful, after all."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Adrian

Adrian says, slightly sheepishly, "Mistress, I confess. I'm not entirely familiar with some of these spells and items. We're clearing out the old castle on the hill of the beasties infesting it for Master Caldwell. Do you have any recommendations on what to buy that might help us do that?"

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Godfrey

Later that day, after the shopping is complete, Godfrey tells his companions: "I am feeling far more confident of our odds now. Perhaps it is time to attempt another go at the castle. The gods have seen us this far, but a pouch full of gold has helped as well."

The Rod should help us last a bit longer in there.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Olaf Helmsplitter

Olaf gives a little bow, about as well as a dwarf can, and says. "Good sir I have been searching your town for a bank or vault or some other organization that guards ones gold so one does not need to carry it everywhere. I have not been having much luck, I was hoping your fine institute could help me."

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Huw Rhysson
Concluding your business with Agatha at the Catalyst and then visiting the Tax Collector's Office to exchange your coins into a more easily transported form, you are only left with tending to the matter of getting these gems sold for their fair worth.

This of course leads you back to Torvald who is less than pleased to hear your request.

"Ah, I see you got a second opinion. Not that I blame you... They are fine gems and with mark-up I bet I can fetch a fair price. Even though, I still stand by what I said about that Ebon, I'll pay your price. 450 gold total. Does that sound fair?" Torvald asks.

The Catalyst
Roger
No problem!
Agatha, the old crone of a shopkeep, interrupts, "Why yes it is, sir! My name is Agatha, you are looking for healing items, is it?" this was a place of magic. Your contempt for magic aside, there were healing items to be found here.
pre:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds (60gp)
Torvald has equivalent potions
Adrian Miros
"Hmm, clearing that old monster trap of a keep. Can't believe the fool bought that place without checking it out or even asking anyone about it," she giggles to herself, "I suppose I have some simple alchemical concoctions that might lend themselves to you, and if that place is infested with wildlife, the ring of animal control might come in handy. Hmm, let's see... You already purchased that Rod of Health, a bargain price I gave you with that! What type of things are you looking for?"

Olaf Helmsplitter
"So many people have come here looking to open up a bank account today. Judging by everyone's attire, I'm guessing you all might be adventurer's looking to safely hold your treasure. If you pool your resources, you might have enough to open up a merchant account, but individually the best I can do is exchange your coin for something easier to transport. Copper and Silver to gold, Gold to platinum. That sort of thing, you interested?"

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wyndham

He picks at his leather armour. "Some better armour would be nice," Wyndham agrees. "And while you sort that, I suppose I better go to the bank..."

tenniseveryone fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 14, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Roger

Magic or not, Roger knew what happened to those who shun healing, and gratefully purchases one of the potions and secures it on his person before heading back to meet the others at (assumably) the tavern, to rest and prepare for the following day.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Huw Rhysson:

"That'll do nicely, Torvald. Again, thank you for all your help today. Hopefully I'll see you soon." Huw hands over the gems to the shopkeeper, takes the gold and splits it into 10 separate coin bags. He keeps one for himself, and spends the next hour locating his fellow adventurers and distributing their share of the wealth. 45 gold for everyone!

Exhausted, Huw makes his way to the tavern, and spends 1gp on the house's special mutton and leek stew. The waitress notices his fatigue and inquires, "Busy day fighting monsters, eh?"

"Worse," Huw replies. "Shopping."

Gold +45, -1, now 105. Encumbrance +44, now 816cn.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Elf: Veteran-Medium, Level 1, HP: 2/2, XP: 51 (+5%), 63 GP, Arrows = 19

Ame's eyes go wide when she sees the magical scrolls on the racks, and says, "Ooh, I've heard of a scroll of mapping. That guy totally doesn't even have a map of his house, and it would be super awesome to get to know the place without having to wander around finding magical statues that sort of kind of..."

She trailed off when she realized what she was saying, but then got back on track. "I'd like the scroll, please! It'll do us a huge amount of good, especially because the place is so windy and long and big and old. Here's the coins."

Ame counts out the 80 gold pieces herself, and smiles as she offers them across the table, waiting for her scroll in return. As she does, she smiles conspiratorially at Adrian and says, "We should test it out today. These kinds of things are usually good once a day, and we could totally get a map of something random. Any ideas?"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Wyndham Thornpicker
"Well what'll it be, The Chain or Platemail?" Torvald asks before stating, "In any case it'll be about 6 hours. You may want to comeback in the morning."

Leaving Torvald's you head out in search of a bank, and your search leads you to the Tax Collector's Office. When you enter you spot Olaf Helmsplitter discussing with an older gentleman behind a desk, who then turns to address you.

"Goodness, let me guess... you want to open up a bank account too?" the man says tossing his hands up in bewilderment.

Olaf Helmsplitter
As you're talking to the man, Wyndham Thornpicker - the halfling adventurer, steps into the office.

---

The Catalyst
Roger
You hand over 60 gold to Agatha and take one of her healing potions. "An excellent purchase, but I hope you don't have to use it!" she chuckles with punctuating cough.

1d8+CON / 5cn

"You can't go wrong with that dearie! Scrolls of Mapping have saved me several times from unwanted confusion and potential danger. A wise investment." she says drawing the scroll down for you.

pre:
Scroll of Mapping
This scroll is blank. When
held and commanded to write, 
this scroll will draw a map
of an area chosen. The area
must be within 100' of the
scroll and it may be up to
10,000 square feet in size.
The scroll has 1 chance in
6 to detect secret doors,
but it will not draw what
lies beyond them. The scroll
functions once per day.

3 Uses, 1cn
---

Huw Rhysson
"Humph!" Torvald grunts as he counts out a good chunk of his coin into ten separate bags. "A trade is a trade I suppose. You're welcome, I hope I see you soon too! Need to make back some of my money."

+450(45)GP

---

The Bronze Goblin Inn & Tavern
Group
Early into your foray of Clifton Caldwell's Castle home you came across a significant amount of treasure and with no better option available at the time, you set back for Fenswick and engaged in a long day of trading and shopping so that you would be better equipped to handle the ills of the monster filled castle.

Everyone mark +45 gold from the gems. 45XP, [47XP(5%) or 49XP(10%)]

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Olaf Helmsplitter

Olaf muses for a moment. The one idea may be more secure, but on the other hand involves pooling his gold with the others. The other option would at least lighten his load. Finally he nods.

"Yes I will exchange my coin for fewer more valuable ones."

300 CP, 450 SP, 1 EP, and 20 GP. Not counting the +45 GP from the gems. Going to try and convert as much of that into as few coins as possible.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Olaf Helmsplitter
Splaying your coins across his desk, Archibald begins to count the coins with a speed and careful precision, or so it seemed before he started his second and third recount of the coins.

A few minutes more than you had expected later, he presents to you 13 platinum pieces, 3 gold and 1 electrum.

"Here you are sir!"

Wyndham Thornpicker
"Now, if you were here for an account, I can only offer you the services I just offered this fellow. I can exchange out your coin for something a little easier to carry. Also, should you have enough gold to deposit, I can set you up on a merchant's account."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Elf: Veteran-Medium, Level 1, HP: 2/2, XP: 98 (+5%), 107 GP, 7 SP, Arrows = 20, Scroll of Mapping (3)

Can I buy just one arrow? For 3 SP?

Her scroll collected, she huffed at the unattentive Adrian and wandered back to the tavern, picking up an extra arrow to replace her shattered on along the way. Ugh, who would name a tavern after goblins? Nasty little creatures, and now she had to stare at a poorly-painted bronze one all evening. No matter, though. She entered, and tried to find a quieter corner where she could sip on some wine and study her spellbook. As the saying went, a prepared elf was a wise elf. When she saw the others, though, she changed her plan and sat down next to the rough-looking warriors. "Man, what a day, right? I can't believe those disgusting goblin things just gave us all that money. If every day's going to go like this, we're totally gonna be rich by the end of this, aren't we? That's, like, completely crazy. And it means I'm not going to have any problem hiring enough people to help me find my family, right? That's so awesome! Hey, what are you drinking?"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
The Bronze Goblin Inn & Tavern
I'll give you change!
Making a quick detour to purchase a single arrow, you slide 3 silver to Torvald who promptly gives you a newly fletched arrow and 5 copper pieces. "Careful with that!" he says sending you on your way.

At the Bronze Goblin Inn & Tavern you get settled in around your adventuring allies for food and drink.
You can eat your own stuff or buy stuff from the tavern. Haus brew will cost you 6 silver, Fine wine will cost you 1 gold, 2 silver and Dwarven Stout is 2 gold. Tonight, they are serving roasted chicken, potatoes and carrots. A simple but hearty meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Huw Rhysson:
XP: 51+47 = 98. -3gp, -3cn

"Oh, is the stew off? I'll have the chicken, then. And here's another 3 gold; one Haus Brew, and one room for tonight, please. Gonna need a clear head for tomorrow." Huw hands another 3 coins to the waitress, then turns to Amelaide. "You got separated from your family in an orc and goblin attack, right? Have you heard from them, or from anyone from your town recently? How far is it from here?"

• Locked thread