Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest fool in TNA?
This poll is closed.
Dixie Carter 59 34.71%
MVP 7 4.12%
Magnus 10 5.88%
Willow 29 17.06%
Samoa Joe 65 38.24%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Look at all those pointless title changes!!

-----

- Willow debuted and it was dumb.

- Bully Ray turned face

- Dixie Carter lost control of the company...

- To MVP who is just as incompetent.

- Bad Influence is supposedly gone. RIP best part of TNA.

- Spud and EC3 hunted for Willow. And got hurt in the process.

- Willow is still stupid.

- The Beautiful People are back together. And Velvet Sky turned heel.

- Abyss is Magnus's heavy now.

- Magnus is still the worst TNA champion.

----

Next TNA PPV: One Night Only: Joker's Wild II (May 2nd)

---

if anything is wrong i dont care because its tna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

tna discussion is smoe joe in the hole for forever

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Beautiful People are also teasing a break up. One week after getting back together.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Where's the poll option for us, the audience

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bad Influence is booked at a Dragon Gate USA show this weekend, so I'd say they're definitely gone.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Hello everyone, noted TNA thread shitposter NickRoweFillea here to laugh at TNA for letting Jeff Hardy be Willow. Ha Ha Ha.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Poll sucks, it doesn't include the audience for enabling the company for all these years

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nthing the 'where is the us option' comments.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Hello everyone, noted TNA thread shitposter NickRoweFillea here to laugh at TNA for letting Jeff Hardy be Willow. Ha Ha Ha.

Willow is wonderful for every wrong reason and TNA is a better place for having it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sweeney Tom posted:

Poll sucks, it doesn't include the audience for enabling the company for all these years
Or Dixie's parents, for similar reasons.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I really try not to be down on TNA too much because they're a company that gives talented people that WWE either has no idea what to do with or has hosed up horribly a chance to have good matches and a half decent payday but maaaaaaaaan have they been dishing out the turds for a few years now.

What the gently caress is this Mike Knox soap opera supposed to be.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

I really try not to be down on TNA too much because they're a company that gives talented people that WWE either has no idea what to do with or has hosed up horribly a chance to have good matches and a half decent payday but maaaaaaaaan have they been dishing out the turds for a few years now.

What the gently caress is this Mike Knox soap opera supposed to be.

You haven't been paying much attention for the last year, have you?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Great White Hope posted:

You haven't been paying much attention for the last year, have you?

AJ Styles left after apparently getting offered around 200k. A lot of people in the indies would kill for that amount of money. Styles did the smart thing as he's apparently getting paid more than that for all his indie stuff but for a non WWE wrestler, 200 grand isn't bad.

Then again they also have a bunch of people who are getting paid by appearance and have to work regular jobs despute being on tv so :shrug:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

AJ Styles left after apparently getting offered around 200k. A lot of people in the indies would kill for that amount of money. Styles did the smart thing as he's apparently getting paid more than that for all his indie stuff but for a non WWE wrestler, 200 grand isn't bad.

Then again they also have a bunch of people who are getting paid by appearance and have to work regular jobs despute being on tv so :shrug:

I was referring to TNA repeatedly failing to actually pay their talent, up to and including The Hulkster, brother.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Monthly reminder that Hulk Hogan left TNA with Dixie clinging to his leg begging him not to go. Literally. On TV.

Could someone go onto the pro TNA websites and quote the leaps of logic they'll have to go to to say that that wasn't TNA's fault or that it wasn't a bad thing.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Monthly reminder that Hulk Hogan left TNA with Dixie clinging to his leg begging him not to go. Literally. On TV.

Could someone go onto the pro TNA websites and quote the leaps of logic they'll have to go to to say that that wasn't TNA's fault or that it wasn't a bad thing.

Well, obviously it's to build to Hogan's return!

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Great White Hope posted:

I was referring to TNA repeatedly failing to actually pay their talent, up to and including The Hulkster, brother.

Huh, I was actually legitimately unaware that was still a problem.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Samoa Joe is playing Videogames online if you want to see.

http://www.twitch.tv/samoajoegames

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Weren't there also rumors that TNA wasn't paying their office staff and production people on time, as well? I wonder if there was any truth to that, because if they aren't getting paid the company should have only a few months left in it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Samoa Joe is playing Videogames online if you want to see.

http://www.twitch.tv/samoajoegames

I never watch LPs but is it possible that this gets more viewers than Impact typically does?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I never watch LPs but is it possible that this gets more viewers than Impact typically does?

Only PewDiePie makes over 1 million viewers for every video.

So none.

If Samoa Joe monetizes his playthroughs of videogames he might make more than working for TNA, though.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Bad Influence not being on TV right now is terrible but Bromans and Zema are doing their best to make up for the lack of ridiculousness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-EtE6Ikq8

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I apologize if this has already been posted, but I just found this version of 2048. http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/tna-impact-wrestling-gif-edition/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reminder that the best thing about this company left (Bad Influence) is ending this month. Daniels' contract expires at some point this month, and Kaz's contract expires either next month or June, forget which. Cost Cutting

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I don't follow TNA as closely as I should.

Firstly what was the deal with Zema Ion's medical issues? What was wrong with him? I heard that TNA wouldn't pay him and his mum had to sell her house to pay the medical bills. Why would you return to a company that did that to you?

Secondly, he's a DJ now? Since when?

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
When did Justin Gabriel win the X Division belt?

Sweeney Tom posted:

Reminder that the best thing about this company left (Bad Influence) is ending this month. Daniels' contract expires at some point this month, and Kaz's contract expires either next month or June, forget which. Cost Cutting

They'll end up in Jarrett's new promotion, without a doubt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I don't follow TNA as closely as I should.

Firstly what was the deal with Zema Ion's medical issues? What was wrong with him? I heard that TNA wouldn't pay him and his mum had to sell her house to pay the medical bills. Why would you return to a company that did that to you?

Secondly, he's a DJ now? Since when?

They found a growth in Ion's bladder and he needed surgery to remove it. He was under contract so he wasn't really in position to leave despite them not putting a dime towards his surgery. Much more understandable than Sorensen potentially coming back to the company that 1) let his mom go bankrupt paying for the surgery he needed after breaking his neck for them and 2) not putting a dime toward that either, then 3) fired him after promising him a job for life.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Sweeney Tom posted:

They found a growth in Ion's bladder and he needed surgery to remove it. He was under contract so he wasn't really in position to leave despite them not putting a dime towards his surgery. Much more understandable than Sorensen potentially coming back to the company that 1) let his mom go bankrupt paying for the surgery he needed after breaking his neck for them and 2) not putting a dime toward that either, then 3) fired him after promising him a job for life.

Worth noting, Droz still employed. You know I'm starting to believe more and more that the WWE lets TNA live simply to have something to compare themselves to.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

stuck :(

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Sweeney Tom posted:

They found a growth in Ion's bladder and he needed surgery to remove it. He was under contract so he wasn't really in position to leave despite them not putting a dime towards his surgery.

Also important to note was that the growth turned out not to be cancerous in the end, thankfully. The wrestlers at TNA don't have health insurance as part of their contracts so they know if a health problem arises TNA won't help them, so while I'm sure they're not happy about it, they do know the deal. I assume Zema got his standard pay when not performing at least.

Zema sat out for many months developing a career as a DJ after his health scare and only came back after the Bromans suggested using him as their DJ (they used a terrible other DJ for a single ep). Seems that management weren't even aware what he was up to and probably would've yet let another talent go otherwise.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Squalitude posted:

Also important to note was that the growth turned out not to be cancerous in the end, thankfully. The wrestlers at TNA don't have health insurance as part of their contracts so they know if a health problem arises TNA won't help them, so while I'm sure they're not happy about it, they do know the deal. I assume Zema got his standard pay when not performing at least.

Zema sat out for many months developing a career as a DJ after his health scare and only came back after the Bromans suggested using him as their DJ (they used a terrible other DJ for a single ep). Seems that management weren't even aware what he was up to and probably would've yet let another talent go otherwise.
Adding to it, the only mention of it on Impact at the time was a throwaway "Zema Ion is out with a medical condition" or something right after his girlfriend started crowdfunding for his surgery and he had to say "she doesn't understand the business" when officials gave him heat over it, despite the company not even offering to at least handle some of the bills.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This will be hilarious forever.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Perigryn posted:

Adding to it, the only mention of it on Impact at the time was a throwaway "Zema Ion is out with a medical condition" or something right after his girlfriend started crowdfunding for his surgery and he had to say "she doesn't understand the business" when officials gave him heat over it, despite the company not even offering to at least handle some of the bills.

They couldn't even mention the kickstarter on the air. I thought that was the real kicker. They probably didn't want to look carny and bush league, but in the process, looked more carny and bush league.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Since Jesse Sorensen has suggested he may return to feud with DJZ imagine the ultimate pay-off: a briefcase on a pole match, with a health insurance contract up for grabs.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Squalitude posted:

Since Jesse Sorensen has suggested he may return to feud with DJZ imagine the ultimate pay-off: a briefcase on a pole match, with a health insurance contract up for grabs.

You're not giving them enough credit. It'd be an MRI machine on the pole and both competitors would be injured trying to get it down.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Squalitude posted:

flashy_mcflash posted:

You're not giving them enough credit. It'd be an MRI machine on the pole and both competitors would be injured trying to get it down.
And the other MRI contains a pink slip.

Halfway through the match Tazz makes a joke about Daffney.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

pressedbunny posted:

And the other MRI contains a pink slip.

Halfway through the match Tazz makes a joke about Daffney.
Speaking of whom, according to one of her recent shoots, she contacted Sorensen about joining her lawsuit against TNA but he chose not to out of loyalty...up until the statute of limitations ended during his stint working backstage then he got the boot anyway.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

- Dixie Carter lost control of the company...

2010 called and wants its retarded plot back.

Dixie: I want you to look me in the eye and tell me you screwed me out of my company.

Hulkster: Yes, Dixie. I screwed you out of your company.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Psykmoe posted:

2010 called and wants its retarded plot back.

Dixie: I want you to look me in the eye and tell me you screwed me out of my company.

Hulkster: Yes, Dixie. I screwed you out of your company.

ah but this time Dixie is the HEEL!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Wait, that was real?!? I thought it was just a dumb story thing with no chance of payoff like most TNA storylines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Onmi posted:

ah but this time Dixie is the HEEL!

Wait, has Dixie learned to express emotions in the last 4 years when I wasn't looking or is she still basically a Cyberman? Although I guess the cybermen are heels.

Also all that poo poo from 2010 is coming back now. It was like they were trying to rip off tons of old WCW poo poo in as short a time as they could. Hogan being all about the money, one of the divas just laying down for the other (fingerpoke??) right after the company was taken over, hell, they even had a variant of that 'Hogan sees the Warrior in his mirror, Bischoff calls him crazy while the commentators went 'he's in the wall!' bit when they introduced that Winters chick as imaginary friend to one of those other divas and had her talk all spooky.

It was like...diva talks to Winters, someone comes in, goes "Who are you talking to??" Camera pans back and...only the make-up lady is in the room.

poo poo, maybe Russo had some issues to work out.

Does Abyss still occasionally torture people on national TV?

"And no-one has felt Abyss' wrath quite like RVD has." was a line made memorable by the fact that it was delivered not ten minutes after showing Abyss apparently torturing a man with a '10-10-10' branding iron call Bob. I think that guy emitting cartoonish plumes of smoke from his stomach and shrieking for his life might disagree!

But occasionally I get morbidly curious what's going in TNA today, and wikipedia is so dry and abridged. I hope at least Eric Young isn't retarded anymore? I always thought it would be a shame for him to quit the company and the last thing he'd be remembered as was a cartoonish imbecile.

• Locked thread