Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest fool in TNA?
This poll is closed.
Dixie Carter 59 34.71%
MVP 7 4.12%
Magnus 10 5.88%
Willow 29 17.06%
Samoa Joe 65 38.24%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The GIG posted:

Please don't be vindictive guys

It is delusional to think WWE considers TNA competition.

All TNA fans are delusional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I want to see Bobby Lashley feud with Willow

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

Posted this over on another website to show just how much of a ripoff this is.

Still things that TNA fans believe

Hahahahahaha I love you for actually making my work not be totally pointless.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They have a PPV in three weeks why didn't this stupid storyline culminate there?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

They have a PPV in three weeks why didn't this stupid storyline culminate there?

They need a place for their new champ to lose the belt!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

flashy_mcflash posted:

Because TNA are incompetent. Also

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Speaking as a dude who likes Eric Young, this is still loving ridiculous and gently caress TNA.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Eric Young Goes To Hollywood was the best series of videos TNA ever did. I don't watch TNA but if Eric Young has another belt to stack on his previous stackable belts then that's rad.

Edit: Not that being world champ in TNA isn't like being the smartest retard but whatever

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 11, 2014

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

The GIG posted:

Please don't be vindictive guys

TNA fans actually think TNA is "competition"

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

man i love EY but being tna champ is like winning a "thanks for participating" ribbon at the county fair

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly eric young is the only vaguely entertaining guy they have left, he might as well be champ

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
TNA really is aspiring to be the ghetto WWE.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
There are people defending this as better because it was actually unexpected and surprising and not telegraphed. I doubt those same people understand those things don't actually work to well when you trying to sell people on your champion who is barely out of being a comedy jobber.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not like anyone takes the sterling legacy of the TNA title seriously

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Super Eric Young is yes backwards

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The TNA title hasn't meant anything since Jeff Hardy won the BFG series, and even that was a resurgance after a few deaths. This news just makes me give the Ric Flair in David Flair's titantron look.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If you count the overarching storyline, let's go down the list:

-Paper champion backed by rear end in a top hat authority figure
-Bearded underdog is in a tag team with a masked monster turned comedy guy turned masked monster again turned corporate stooge for the first time ever and incredibly randomly and suddenly
-Both guys were at times comedy geeks and no one ever thought they'd win the big one for most of their careers
-Both guys are short, small, bearded, and beloved (though no loving way EY is that over even with TNA fans)
-Both guys wrestled two matches in one night to win the title
-Both guys worked through arm injuries in winning the title

So yeah

What in the actual gently caress?

I mean seriously.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I'm going to take the plunge.

:toxx:

If Eric Young walks out of Sacrifice as champion then I will provide written reviews of four of the following TNA PPVs. If I don't provide the goods then ban me

No Surrender 08
No Surrender 09
Victory Road 08
Victory Road 09
Sacrifice 2010
Slammiversary 09
Lockdown 2010
Hard Justice 08
Hard Justice 09
Hard Justice 2010
Kurt Angle: Champion|
A whole bunch of One Night Only shows

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Testekill posted:

Posted this over on another website to show just how much of a ripoff this is.

Still things that TNA fans believe

Whole lot of trying to pretend these angles aren't similar in anyway in that post.

We have a dumb wrestling fan opinions thread.

Next thing I know they'll be telling me a Roode Bomb isn't an FU.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 11, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

They put the title on Eric Young? Comedy concussion angle Eric Young? Knockout Tag team Champion Eric Young? With no build. On tv. In the most obvious Bryan ripoff but missing the whole point of the angle (that the guy was over with the crowd?)

hahahahahahahahah

Like I'd feel sorry for Magnus but it's not like they were even trying to make him look good before.#

E: What was this first match he had to win? A gauntlet match?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 11, 2014

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Even schadenfreude isn't getting me to watch this poo poo. As somebody who finally got out, I have to ask: how can you people even handle it? How can you spend two hours watching this week-to-week and not be, like, "I could be learning how to cook jumbalaya right now"?

Are you as desperate and depressed as I was, because there's light on the other side. I promise you.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Brutus Magnus, bad champ or the worst champ?

Blasmeister posted:

E: What was this first match he had to win? A gauntlet match?

Fake Royal Rumble.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Testekill posted:

Oh yeah, Choc Lesnar is a thing.
Hmm, does TNA have a manager who's capable of pronouncing it CHOOOOOOOAAAC LESSSNAAAR?

Also this:

Angular Landbury posted:

Speaking as a dude who likes Eric Young, this is still loving ridiculous and gently caress TNA.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Eric Young is their champion? Amazing.

I hope that every week, beat for beat, they copy what's happening on RAW.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Remember those fly by night companies that booking strategy was "if you squint really hard at our posters you might think this is the WWF?"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
It's fitting that TNA used to be at The Asylum, because they're turning into the mockbuster version of WWE.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I don't watch the show but apparently Bully Ray's new thing is saying the company is owned by the people. So they seem to be splitting Bryan's stuff among the roster.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I haven't watched TNA in a long time, (YAY me!), so I have a question about their most recent instance of retardation.

Is eric Young still doing the comedy stuff he was doing with ODB? Or the comedy stuff he was doing with his going to Hollywood stuff? Or the comedy stuff he was doing with the concussion angle? You can see where I am going with this.

I am not saying that a funny Eric Young is not entertaining. Hell he stood out as one of the fun things to watch in TNA when I saw it, but a comedy midcarder, no matter how comparatively entertaining, is not World Heavyweight Championship material.

So simply put my question is - when did EY stop being an entertaining joke, and become a legitimate badass/threat/good wrestler? And why?

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I can't wait to see Prince Devitt vs. Eric Young for the TNA title...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I haven't watched TNA in a long time, (YAY me!), so I have a question about their most recent instance of retardation.

Is eric Young still doing the comedy stuff he was doing with ODB? Or the comedy stuff he was doing with his going to Hollywood stuff? Or the comedy stuff he was doing with the concussion angle? You can see where I am going with this.

I am not saying that a funny Eric Young is not entertaining. Hell he stood out as one of the fun things to watch in TNA when I saw it, but a comedy midcarder, no matter how comparatively entertaining, is not World Heavyweight Championship material.

So simply put my question is - when did EY stop being an entertaining joke, and become a legitimate badass/threat/good wrestler? And why?

He's still with ODB, but was in a tag team with Abyss (masked monster) before Abyss turned corporate (corporate monster, sound familiar?) then he was kinda just around the title picture for the last month or so just through proxy as he was feuding with Abyss as MVP kept putting Abyss in title matches to force dissention between him and Magnus.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I really hope he starts chanting YAY repeatedly

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM
AFFIRMATIVE! AFFIRMATIVE! AFFIRMATIVE!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I really like EY, and if they had actually built to this title win in a meaningful way it would have been a nice moment.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I really like EY, and if they had actually built to this title win in a meaningful way it would have been a nice moment.

That's my biggest problem with this besides just how Daniel Bryan esque it comes off. Have him win them build up to Sacrifice with Magnus running down EY all the way for being a joke and EY overcoming him and Abyss at the PPV.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I might have actually been interested in "Eric Young, serious wrestler who's fighting to gain that rep." But this poo poo sucks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

That's my biggest problem with this besides just how Daniel Bryan esque it comes off. Have him win them build up to Sacrifice with Magnus running down EY all the way for being a joke and EY overcoming him and Abyss at the PPV.

Yeah, if they did it that way it wouldn't even have bothered me as much, even though it probably would've been an even bigger ripoff. Then it would've at least felt like a semi-coherent and logical storyline rather than hotshot bullshit to capitalize on the ACTUAL white hot heat of Bryan.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
To be fair, EY is the dude in TNA with the most mainstream visibility due to having that Animal Planet show, and putting the belt on him actually makes a lot of sense when they are coming up for renewal but the way they just did it was ridiculous.

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013
EY is what he is: Solid D+ player

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I thought someone died or Vince Russo made his on-screen return, but it's just Eric Young winning their belt.

A comedy guy won their belt. Very fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah, if they did it that way it wouldn't even have bothered me as much, even though it probably would've been an even bigger ripoff. Then it would've at least felt like a semi-coherent and logical storyline rather than hotshot bullshit to capitalize on the ACTUAL white hot heat of Bryan.

You know, thinking about this last night and I realized that this is one of their many misguided attempts to 'copy WWE but do it better'. In eschewing the stop-start, Bryan-gets-screwed part of the storyline by cramming the entire build into one night and making the HHH analog into a face for whatever reason, they managed to completely kill a) the fans getting behind the underdog hero and b) any amount of tension in the storyline.

Magnificent.

• Locked thread