Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Intruder posted:

For Love of the Game was OK. Especially since it had the Yankees getting perfect gamed

It's like the best baseball movie ever made (love you, Vin Scully) combined with the absolute dirt worst romantic comedy possible. Bill Simmons does not have many good ideas, but his idea of a DVD where every Kelly Preston scene was edited out is something I would 100% buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
You people who think Tony Gonzalez is not funny are objectively wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldeDg8aG7Bc

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hope you guys are ready for Hard Knocks Oakland, especially if they land DJax

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV08SyJ2c4w

THAT MAN HAS NO PERSONALITY WHATSOEVER

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Blitz7x posted:

I hope you guys are ready for Hard Knocks Oakland, especially if they land DJax

How many times would Black Hole be mentioned

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I hope the rookie hazing is giving them Mark Davis' haircut.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

Marino would be better if they just let him be angry all the time.

Marino looks uncomfortable when he's happy. Like he's being forced to laugh.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kevin Costner was upset with Universal for cutting his full-frontal shower scene in For Love Of The Game.

That said, Bull Durham was good.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If you film full frontal nudity, you're gonna want it out there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Kevin Costner was upset with Universal for cutting his full-frontal shower scene in For Love Of The Game.
The rumor at the time was that test audiences laughed their asses off at that scene because apparently Costner has a tiny dick, so they decided to cut the scene out.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Off topic about Kevin Costner's dick but I love how the Sports Argument Stadium still has an asterisk next to it. It's been six years since the Pat's perfect regular season. That's dedication.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Doltos posted:

Off topic about Kevin Costner's dick but I love how the Sports Argument Stadium still has an asterisk next to it. It's been six years since the Pat's perfect regular season. That's dedication.

It wasn't in reference to that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it's for Michael Jordan's steroid use.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it's for Michael Jordan's steroid use.

You would not believe how mad some people get at me for starting that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Its been even longer since Bonds

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MourningView posted:

I got one of my RL friends who loves Jordan really mad by citing things in that thread

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm mostly mad at Jordan being an rear end in a top hat to Muggsy Bogues that one time.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It was originally for the Pats cheating :colbert:

17-1*

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Doltos posted:

It was originally for the Pats cheating :colbert:

17-1*

It's in reference to Barry Bonds, which is why it's on SAS proper and not TFF.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Draft Day was actually not terrible guys.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

zimbomonkey posted:

Draft Day was actually not terrible guys.

I'm not falling for your April Fool's jokes zimbomonkey

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Chichevache posted:

I thought the quality was awful, but to each his own.

He's no Emmitt Smith, that's for sure.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MourningView posted:

Pretty sure PSP takes that topic as fact.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Kirios posted:

The draft is way too far away from the Super Bowl now.
What was the reason for pushing it back another week anyways?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Tzen posted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205177/article/roger-goodell-2014-nfl-draft-to-be-held-in-may

quote:

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell indicated Tuesday that the league is taking a harder look at moving out of the venue after 2014, and possibly out of New York entirely.

"If we want to move the draft back into the April period, we're going to have to look at other alternatives. Other cities, other venues," Goodell said at the NFL Spring Meeting.

Goodell confirmed the draft will be moved back to May because of a scheduling conflict; it could May 8-10 or May 15-17. Radio City Music Hall now is planning a spring show that could conflict with the draft's timing for years to come. Goodell said he wouldn't expect to revisit New York locations the league has used in the past.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ah thanks, haha a loving scheduling conflict

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I dig it. Why should New York's idiot fans be the only ones allowed to boo every pick!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Due to a scheduling conflict the draft is being moved to London.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
They should do the draft in St. Louis so nobody shows up to watch.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
It's even funnier because it turns out the event causing the scheduling conflict had to postpone for 2014. The Radio City Music Hall calendar is now empty for the month of April.

http://heartandlights.com/2015.html

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Tzen posted:

May sweeps. Seriously.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shath Hole posted:

I dig it. Why should New York's idiot fans be the only ones allowed to boo every pick!

Because NY has the highest concentration of different fanbases. If you go to the draft you will see a contingent of fans for every team, including the Jaguars.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Doltos posted:

Because NY has the highest concentration of different fanbases. If you go to the draft you will see a contingent of fans for every team, including the Jaguars.

gently caress that, I want to see a contingent of nothing but hillbilly Jaguar fans at a Jacksonville hosted NFL draft :colbert:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

How are there no other available venues in New York City itself

WELP, Radio City Music Hall isn't available, I guess we're done here in this one block city

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Probably because it's a thinly veiled excuse, as davecrazy's suggesting.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Quest For Glory II posted:

How are there no other available venues in New York City itself

WELP, Radio City Music Hall isn't available, I guess we're done here in this one block city

They could just host it in Barclays or MSG. It would probably be better, too. RCMH is their go to because the orchestra section and backstage area are perfect for teams and families to set up in. It's also a really nice venue that's easily accessible by any form of travel in a nice area of NYC.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Host at AT&T Stadium like the NBA did with their All-Star game that one time, that way no one will understand the selections as it boom-echoes through the stadium and fans can convince themselves their teams aren't idiots for another 3 seconds before the TV lists the pick on the ticker.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If they held the draft somewhere on the West Coast I'd probably go, just to say I did it.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Can't tell if this is an April Fool's joke or not:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10709415/donald-trump-approached-buying-buffalo-bills

quote:

New York City businessman and billionaire Donald Trump said Tuesday that he has been contacted by a group looking to purchase the Buffalo Bills.

"People have actually talked to me about the Bills," Trump told WBEN radio in Buffalo, N.Y. "I mean, the group of people called me -- would I be interested in investing, and I'll take a look at it. I mean, I look at a lot of things. I'll take a look at it."

Since the death of owner Ralph Wilson last week, speculation around the Bills' future in Buffalo has increased. Trump said he would like to see the team stay in the city.

"I know so many people in Buffalo, and they have asked me about looking at that and I certainly would look at it, but I would ... if it were me, I'd keep the team in Buffalo," he said. "I think it's something that is really vital to the area. ... It would be catastrophic, in my opinion, if Buffalo lost the Buffalo Bills."

Trump said he is "very good friends" with former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly, who is undergoing treatment for cancer in New York City.

"He called me, and actually his family is staying at one of my apartments in New York as he's going through a very rough time," Trump said. "He's a great guy, and he sounded actually really good two days ago. He called me from the hospital."

Kelly said in a 2010 interview with ESPN that he would try to keep the Bills from relocating after Wilson died.

"I do have people in line that will want to purchase the team and keep it in western New York because I do not entertain any offers from anybody looking to move the Buffalo Bills from western New York," Kelly said. "I just won't do it. I'll do whatever it takes to keep them in Buffalo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grozz Nuy posted:

If they held the draft somewhere on the West Coast I'd probably go, just to say I did it.

Should put it in Vegas

• Locked thread