Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Chris Gaines posted:

Chiche may be a bad poster (I don't think he is anymore but I am a dumb poo poo to begin with) but at least he isn't angry all the time.

Everything is beautiful now so it's hard to be angry about anything related to football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris Gaines posted:

Chiche may be a bad poster (I don't think he is anymore but I am a dumb poo poo to begin with) but at least he isn't angry all the time.

Chiche is the Monta Ellis of posters

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Brannock posted:

Gannon's best year was also characterized by a lot of short passes to Tim Brown and Jerry Rice who picked up a lot of YAC, iirc. And even then he didn't really look as impressive as Favre did during his three MVP seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJlNhQrXNSA&t=60s

Without the interception returns (which the defense isn't responsible for) the game is 17-24 and still very within winnability. Warner threw for 216 yards and the Rams ran for 91, which was quite a bit less than they'd put up all season. The Packers also fumbled twice on top of getting picked six times.

I'm still a little disappointed that Mike McKenzie - Al Harris - Darren Sharper never really worked out long term, that was a big ballhawk secondary.

Even if Favre hadn't turned it over (and he did play a bad game, that is probably the worst of his career), he would've had to have been amazing. Even the 02 Rams still had a very potent offense, and I don't think the Packers defense would've held up. The Rams barely did anything in the second half of the game (Due to Favre turnovers), which is one reason the yardage was so low.

And the that secondary was good on paper, but Sharper could never tackle and the Packers had a hideous hole at the other S spot. Remember Bhawoh Jue?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Chiche is the Monta Ellis of posters

You're the Shane Battier of posters.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:(

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Is there some kind of Moneyball science sweeping the NFL now?

quote:

That's not to say that the team shouldn't adapt to the times. In fact, taking a proactive approach to things like football analytics -- which the Jacksonville Jaguars are doing with mindboggling alacrity -- can be an important part of shaping an organization's identity.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338950/article/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-should-consider-adjusting-focus

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

You're the Shane Battier of posters.

Inexplicably popular in China?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Alouicious posted:

Inexplicably popular in China?

You're the J.J. Reddick of posters.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Drafting well and not going nuts in free agency doesn't really seem like a new thing. The Steelers did it for a very long time in the recent past and took two Super Bowls. The Niners and Seahawks are doing the same thing now and both have seen a ton of success. These poor sportswriters are really scrapin the bottom of the barrel already.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

That is such a terrible article full of "of course they do this" points.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Schwack posted:

Drafting well and not going nuts in free agency doesn't really seem like a new thing. The Steelers did it for a very long time in the recent past and took two Super Bowls. The Niners and Seahawks are doing the same thing now and both have seen a ton of success. These poor sportswriters are really scrapin the bottom of the barrel already.

Yeah the only recent huge free agency splash that immediately turned a team into a contender was Peyton going to Denver, and it's hard to not improve when you have possibly the 2nd greatest* QB of all time join the team.

*after Russell Wilson

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kirios posted:

You're the J.J. Reddick of posters.

Smart enough to get his girlfriend to sign a contract stipulating that if she got pregnant that she would get an abortion(While not legally admitting that the child was his)?

Paul George All Professional Athletes could learn something from the Duke Educated JJ Reddick

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Doltos posted:

That is such a terrible article full of "of course they do this" points.

I guess that's why it confused me. I wasn't sure if he was either subliminally hinting at something I wasn't aware of, or if he was just desperate for views.

Looks like I got my answer.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rap is the MF doom of posters

Why is the draft in may ugh

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm probably the Mike Miller of posting since I get unreasonable amounts of playing time despite not really making an impact except very, very, very occasionally.

Also, any article whose advice is, "The Cowboys need to do a lot of thing... like draft a QB instead of filling more pressing needs! And retaining Jason Garrett for 'identity purposes!'" is something that needs to be forwarded to Jerry Jones ASAP. Really, why don't owners read op-eds more often? That's what the press world wants to know!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Doltos posted:

Also the gunslinging was perfectly acceptable until very recently. I'd say around 2006 is when teams wanted their QB to stop taking risks and start targeting efficient plays.

I think Marino is one of the best QBs of all time and his INT rates look just as bad as Favre's. People just took more risks back then.

this is what my Dad always told me about Dan Fouts when I'd bring up his interception total.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Why is the draft in may ugh
Mid-June TFF N/V are the Dark Days. This isn't even bad yet.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

I'm probably the Mike Miller of posting since I get unreasonable amounts of playing time despite not really making an impact except very, very, very occasionally.

Also, any article whose advice is, "The Cowboys need to do a lot of thing... like draft a QB instead of filling more pressing needs! And retaining Jason Garrett for 'identity purposes!'" is something that needs to be forwarded to Jerry Jones ASAP. Really, why don't owners read op-eds more often? That's what the press world wants to know!

Well he also said they should quit drafting for need, and taking a QB to groom to eventually take over for their mid-30s injury-prone QB is not really the worst idea in the world, even though I'd probably wait a year on it.

The article wasn't anything groundbreaking but most of the ideas in it were fine.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
But I thought that everyone pretty much agreed that the Jaguars' FA moves this year have been pretty bad? I mean Bryant and Clemons are both decent players, but they overpaid on all of their pickups and haven't addressed some of their substantial weaknesses. Maybe they're just too smart for me and I'm in that old school "give money to players who don't suck" mindset?

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

quote:

"Continuing to stick with head coach Jason Garrett would also [be good]. I know Garrett well, and I know what kind of person he is and how extremely smart he is."

This NFL head coach is smart. I know because we're friends.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wish my reputation was largely based off of where I went to college because I would literally be swimming in money and cray-cray pussTM

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris Gaines posted:

I wish my reputation was largely based off of where I went to college because I would literally be swimming in money and cray-cray pussTM

The Matt Leinart Experience.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Michael Strahan Superstar

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/michael-strahan-rise/

With any luck they won't turn it into a musical.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Apparently the Giants gave everybody who went to their Draft Day screening a gift bag that included a new NewEra hat. Now I'm sad I didn't go. I could of gotten a hat.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Azhais posted:

Michael Strahan Superstar

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/michael-strahan-rise/

With any luck they won't turn it into a musical.

I don't really care about Michael Strahan, but I'm glad he's everything Tiki Barber wanted to be.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

NC-17 posted:

I don't really care about Michael Strahan, but I'm glad he's everything Tiki Barber wanted to be.

Divorced?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

NC-17 posted:

Inside a 20 year old?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Doltos posted:

Inside a 20 year old?

Tiki likes 'em young and blonde.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I wonder what the catalyst was for doubling the fanbase...

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Chichevache posted:

I'm going to guess being good and winning a championship?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

davecrazy posted:

wrong, macklemore.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

davecrazy posted:

Bunch of bandwagoners, yo. I'm old school. I liked the page back in 2012. :smug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

Up 1.95 million from 2011! Nice!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm at the point in my posting career and more importantly my life where I am comfortably enough in my opinion that Chiche is a pretty good poster these days and I'll loving fight you if you think otherwise

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chichevache posted:

One day the Sea Hawks may even be able to aspire to be more popular than the Oakland Raiders on facebook... *ponders deeply*

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chris Gaines posted:

I was thinking about killing myself IRL after the Broncos lost the Super Bowl. I think Peyton wouldn't choke as much if he would be more like Tim Tebow and not read the Qur'an.

When the Bengals lost their last Superbowl I cried.

Not because of the game, I was just less than two years old so I assume I cried at least once that day.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

sweet thursday posted:

I'm at the point in my posting career and more importantly my life where I am comfortably enough in my opinion that Chiche is a pretty good poster these days and I'll loving fight you if you think otherwise

Do me next

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Drunk

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

I don't think he was joking. You could argue that for one year Gannon was up there with just about anyone, I just don't happen to agree with it.

I wasn't. Rich Gannon was pretty much my hero as a kid though and a huge part of the reason I became a Raider fan, so I might be a bit biased. Although, like you said, it's not outlandish to put his MVP year up there with the best handful or so of seasons by a QB in history.

sweet thursday posted:

One day the Sea Hawks may even be able to aspire to be more popular than the Oakland Raiders on facebook... *ponders deeply*

We will forever be the Bo Jackson to the 12th mans Brian Bosworth.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ken Anderson wasn't even on the bracket. This is bullshit and I hate you all.

• Locked thread